Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Fishladder
Chdata 2 Nov, 2016 @ 11:09am
The problem
Okay, so I've been having trouble thinking about how to put this into words, and I think i've figured out what seems wrong about the design of this map.

The map looks great. It functions great. (There's still FPS drops when staring from an edge to the center, which a lot of the great looking Frontline maps are like right now like 2villa and backscratch's maps). It's a great idea, it has good humor and good branding (I like your fish ladder logo).

The gameplay is disconnected / doesn't fit pay load race. The two sides are separated and walled off each other too much. Compared to normal plr maps, often times the two carts are made to literally cross paths and force you to push through enemy territory.

The current layout of this map merely has you pushing through your own territory, with no sightlines to the enemy. Even if you want to go into enemy territory to defend against them capping from within their own territory, well, it's just too easy for them to do stuff in their own territory because it's their territory.

I think it's a very good concept and the map looks very slick, but right now it doesn't really play out as team vs team.
Last edited by Chdata; 2 Nov, 2016 @ 11:10am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Baul Plart 7 Apr, 2020 @ 11:50pm 
agreed
BioLucidLife 20 Jul, 2021 @ 7:29am 
good point
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50