RimWorld

RimWorld

MendAndRecycle
Floats 1 Sep, 2021 @ 11:08am
Says "No available material" despite me having fuel and setting set to all??
When I first installed it, it worked fine and I mended a few items no problem but now when I try to force a pawn to mend something it says "No available material" or similar despite having 4.8 fuel (with kits available), connected to power supply and my pawn is more then capable, I even removed all quality and percentage requirements and it still wont work.
Anyone had a similar problem or know of a fix? I have a few other mods installed but as it worked before Im confused as to why it suddenly stopped.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Sineme 4 Sep, 2021 @ 3:26am 
Is the bill tied to a stockpile? Is the item in a normal stockpile or something modded, like armor racks? Have you tried deleting the bill and make a new one?
What do you want to mend? Is the item you want to mend weird, i.e. hp is bigger than max hp or it has multiple qualities? Is the item listed in the allowed ingredients of the bill?
Floats 4 Sep, 2021 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by Sineme:
Is the bill tied to a stockpile? Is the item in a normal stockpile or something modded, like armor racks? Have you tried deleting the bill and make a new one?
What do you want to mend? Is the item you want to mend weird, i.e. hp is bigger than max hp or it has multiple qualities? Is the item listed in the allowed ingredients of the bill?

Thanks for reply.

Nope, its set to anywhere. I have no stacking mods or otherwise.
Surprisingly I haven't tried deleting and remaking the bills I'll give that a go. I'll also uninstall and reinstall and see if that works too.
Just mending some basic, better than normal shirts, no mods attached as far as I can tell.
I set the bill to anything and still "no material".

Ill try out the suggestion I've not tried and report back.
Saruwatari 4 Sep, 2021 @ 7:35pm 
i have the same problem
mended 1 item and now it is not possible to mend another
still fuel in it 4.8 and mendkits are also available
Last edited by Saruwatari; 4 Sep, 2021 @ 7:42pm
Floats 4 Sep, 2021 @ 8:02pm 
OK, so I loaded the save and realised that I had already dismantled the mending desk, so I made a new one and it worked fine even with tight parameters, so I'm not sure if you need to either:

1. Just remake the bill,
2. Reinstall it somewhere (maybe even pack it up and repack it separately), or
3. Dismantle and build it again.

If it happens to me again I will try these in this order to try and figure it out and post what I find out.

Maybe do the same Saruwatari?
Saruwatari 5 Sep, 2021 @ 4:41am 
well i just tested some options
0. reloaded the whole game
1. build a new bench
2. made a new bill

the problem still persists even with the option of no fuel it says there is no material ...

edit:
hmm not sure what the problem was but
after builing a new one i did not load the recipes as i always do but made all of the from scratch and it worked ...
Last edited by Saruwatari; 5 Sep, 2021 @ 11:08am
Floats 5 Sep, 2021 @ 3:36pm 
hmmm... IDK, its working fine for me now. Yeah not sure what the problem is either, it just kinda fixed itself.
Glaaki 11 Nov, 2021 @ 6:09am 
To fix this issue make sure that you have all 4 bills enabled not only for simple weapons\apparel.
Talamar1 27 Nov, 2021 @ 11:00am 
Not to necro but, also make sure your pawns have a high enough level.
Renesco 9 Feb, 2022 @ 12:55pm 
Same problem, I don't think I've ever gotten this mod to work properly
ItsHords 22 Aug, 2022 @ 5:40am 
Same issue, Got it to work previously by using the github version but even now it does not work...
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50