RimWorld

RimWorld

Medieval Times
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Vindar  [developer] 3 Aug, 2016 @ 7:32pm
Official Bug Forum
If I'm not responding in the comments section, Post your bugs here and ill respond when I get a chance.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 184 comments
Vindar  [developer] 3 Aug, 2016 @ 7:33pm 
Current Known Bugs: -----------------------------------------------------------------

===============================
---Download Corruption:
------Can show as being unable to chop down wood trees
---Solution:
------Delete Mod, re-download.

---Door Orientation to Embrasures & Crenulated Parapets:
------Doors do not properly align themselves with the vertical lined objects
---Work-Around: (Will attempt solution)
------Use regular walls at end-points where embrasures connect to doors.

---Cannot Find MedTimes_BenchBaseTag for MedTimes_BlacksmithsForgeBase:
------Incompatability with another mod, BenchBaseTag and BlacksmithsForgeBase are both listed as abstracts to prevent other mods from using them, doesnt stop other mods from trying and poping an error in the process.
---Work-Around:
------Build a custom parent node within the mod for the mod to access (wil post a copy in chat)
or
Set the MedTimes_BenchBaseTag and MedTimes_BlacksmithsForgeBase to non abstract (Might cause issues)

---Red Flag text: Exception ticking MedTimes_Trap_WoodenBarricade "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
------Moving a wooden barricade will produce a red flag text. It is trying to access the tick counter on the barricade but since it is no longer a static object its tick counter is discarded and cannot be accessed. throws the rather common error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
---Notes: Is harmless and i assume it can be safely ignored.
might see similar texts pop on other objects within this mod, even with this mod not installed you might see this general error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." w/ other mods or core game.
If someone knows how to fix this i'm open to getting advice on it.

---Red Flag text: Exception w/ MedTimes_GardeningBox
"Inspect String for MedTimes_GardeningBox contains empty lines."
------Sometimes when clicking on a gardening box it trys to access the string list (an old throwback command from previous versions) and fails because the list no longer exists.
---Notes: Is harmless and i assume it can be safely ignored.
If someone knows how to fix this i'm open to getting advice on it.
Last edited by Vindar; 24 Jan, 2018 @ 4:18pm
LeeYonguy 6 Aug, 2016 @ 6:53am 
I install your mod but no one of my colonist can cut a tree they start doing it, it's progresse and at the end they just stop and they repeat it. Someone know this bug ?

Edit : i don't use other mod only core game and our mod. I try cut tree with only core game it's work maybe a version probleme im in the 0.14.1249
Last edited by LeeYonguy; 6 Aug, 2016 @ 7:10am
Vindar  [developer] 6 Aug, 2016 @ 10:14am 
@ LeeYonguy

When you try to cut the tree's, does an error message pop up?

if it does could you post a picture of it?

did you edit the mod in any way?

What start scenario/biome are you using?
LeeYonguy 7 Aug, 2016 @ 10:10am 
There isn't error message, i didn't edit just active the mod when you launch the game ==> mod. The scenario was 3 colonist crash the biome : Forest with moutain. But the bug is solve apparently i delete the mod and downloading him one more time
Vindar  [developer] 7 Aug, 2016 @ 12:33pm 
Aight, good to know
ColOddball27 13 Aug, 2016 @ 10:29am 
With the new Embrases the doors dont rotate to orient themselfs with the wall

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1614924814357637838/0C8C99727574ED1BFADBAB8DFBB2CA07AF20E04A/

Screenshot for a better undersanding of what im talking about. Doors still work correctly but it just looks kind of wierd
Last edited by ColOddball27; 13 Aug, 2016 @ 10:31am
Wizard 21 Aug, 2016 @ 11:19am 
I dont know if anyone else has this problem, but ive got a ton of mods installed, and recently, when i installed this medieval mod, all my other mods got uninstalled, made me restart the game and reinstall everything, in the debug panel there was an spamming red message saying that an object could not be defined. If anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me, i really like this mod but its a pain having to download everything again over and over.
Wizard 21 Aug, 2016 @ 11:42am 
Allright, somehow, it got fixed just by putting the medieval mod as one of the first mods and activating everything else randomly. I still dont know what was wrong.
Glass 29 Aug, 2016 @ 9:25am 
Hey i just wanted to let you know, i have been having issues with my colonists, getting overheated when wearing the armor this mods adds, Ill have people complaining their too hot when its like 50-70 degrees inside my base and thus getting the too hot debuff, but even when i drop my temps to 40-50 the issue then becomes its too cold at night so they get the slept in the cold debuff, Which i dont understand since it seems the beds negate the armor their wearing

so i basicly cant use the armor unless i keep taking it on and off my people. Which is too much micro management and becomes a pain. I have even had people get heat stroke from wearing it in my prison and the prison was only 65-70 degrees and it was like 20 degrees outside

. I know that armor adds cold protection but it almost adds too much. I basicly have to not used the armor in my games because it sends my people into a hot/ cold sleep debuff spiral, this was during the 0.14 version
Its a great mod but i think those values need to be adjusted, to avoid what i described.
Last edited by Glass; 29 Aug, 2016 @ 9:26am
ColOddball27 29 Aug, 2016 @ 12:26pm 
Originally posted by Glass:
Hey i just wanted to let you know, i have been having issues with my colonists, getting overheated when wearing the armor this mods adds, Ill have people complaining their too hot when its like 50-70 degrees inside my base and thus getting the too hot debuff, but even when i drop my temps to 40-50 the issue then becomes its too cold at night so they get the slept in the cold debuff, Which i dont understand since it seems the beds negate the armor their wearing

so i basicly cant use the armor unless i keep taking it on and off my people. Which is too much micro management and becomes a pain. I have even had people get heat stroke from wearing it in my prison and the prison was only 65-70 degrees and it was like 20 degrees outside

. I know that armor adds cold protection but it almost adds too much. I basicly have to not used the armor in my games because it sends my people into a hot/ cold sleep debuff spiral, this was during the 0.14 version
Its a great mod but i think those values need to be adjusted, to avoid what i described.

May I ask which armor you are using is it the one that is built into the cloak or is it just the full plate armor. Becuse the cloak is basicly this mods representaion of a Parka so using it all the time is going to give them the Hot debuff in summer temps.

Since I am using A15 i can see that a full plate with cloak has a comfort range between like -50 and 40 F while the Full Faction Plate armor has a comfort range between 17 and 98 F. So i would recommend switching out the Cloak and Armor for just the Armor and see if that helps.

Emily 6 Sep, 2016 @ 7:30am 
All jobs at the Tailoring Station and weapon-making at the Crafting Station are all considered "Craft" work type, when they should be considered Smith or Tailor. Craft is supposed to be for non-skill-based crafting, such as making stone blocks or smelting slag.

This causes low-skill crafters to neglect crafting raw resources and instead waste time and materials creating low-quality apparel and weapons even though they are explicitly told not to Smith or Tailor in the Work tab, which completely disrupts workflow.
Last edited by Emily; 6 Sep, 2016 @ 7:44am
Vindar  [developer] 6 Sep, 2016 @ 8:36am 
@ Melancholia

noted and will look into it.
Arbee 9 Sep, 2016 @ 8:26am 
Iv noticed colonists and visitors will stoke and tend to the Hearth even when theres no fule in it
Vindar  [developer] 9 Sep, 2016 @ 1:00pm 
@quothcraft

noted and will look into it
Madman666 11 Sep, 2016 @ 5:04pm 
I get a problem mentioned before about constant very hot\slept in the cold debuffs, but this time its about parkas. Its -21 C outside and 21C inside with heater on and colonist wearing just cloth parka and nothing more gets debuffed -10 very hot. If you turn heater down to comfort temperature 9-10 C - you get -4 slept in the cold debuff. I think something needs to be done about that or do I really need to manually make every single one my stupid people get their parkas off before going to bed now? :D Like , no way!)

I guess core game negated clothing comfort temperature extremities when pawn in question is indoors and its 21 C and something in the mod turned this off, i think... But what do I know anyway :) I don't wanna let go of this mod though. Its too cool.
Last edited by Madman666; 11 Sep, 2016 @ 5:21pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 184 comments
Per page: 1530 50