Starbound

Starbound

Felin
Kawa  [developer] 24 Jul, 2016 @ 4:05pm
Suggestions - Other
If you feel like there should be something other than an object or piece of clothing, say for example a hairstyle, in the Felins mod, or one that's already in should be altered somehow, feel free to suggest as much here.

But please, read the rest of the thread first so as to prevent duplicates. Failure to do so may make me ignore your suggestion(s).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 105 comments
Solzucht 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:17am 
Higher Ship Tiers.
You may heard of the "Tier Nine Ships" which actually gives allready Tier 10?
But they may work only with vanilla races...unless you give the possibility to expand your ship too :)
Silvia Rose 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:17am 
Maybe better looking eyes than 2 black dots? some of the existing hairstyles cover the dot-eyes
Silvia Rose 25 Jul, 2016 @ 11:21am 
also maaaybe wider more anime like neko ears?
Vargkungen 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:12pm 
The mod currently adds the Cosplay Cat Tail, Hotpants and Baby Tee recipes to the Spinning Wheel for everyone, which somewhat breaks the established format for existing races and recipes.

My suggestion would be to move the Cosplay Cat Tail to the Sewing Machine, putting it on par with the cosmetic items such as the capes and dyes, and either move the Hotpants and Baby Tee to the Sewing Machine, or restrict them to the Felins (or both).

My other suggestions would be to make the custom Felin AI optional somehow, since the game no longer uses special AI:s for each race, and to add a more proper, lengthier description for the race, so it is not as readily apparent that it is a mod race.

The Felin Mod has the potential to blend into the game on a level where it's actually inseparable from other game content, which is a level of quality mods rarely achieve. This is a truly excellent mod. :D
Kawa  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:21pm 
Cosplay Tail, Hotpants, and Baby Tee to the Sewing Machine. Got it.

Edit: it's done.

As for SAIL... Kyren prefers the originals. HammerGuy, JoshuaMadoc and myself came up with installable avatar cards, that could switch from the generic figure to whichever avatar you want, your inventory allowing. Kyren at least loved it. I'll leave you with this quote:
Now, Ai is purely an act of rebellion on my part at this point. But if those personality cards become a thing, I'll make the felins start with a generic pawn ON A *buy some apples*ING DIME.
Last edited by Kawa; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:33pm
Vargkungen 25 Jul, 2016 @ 1:20pm 
Uh-mah-zing.
Dj3ntPickl3 25 Jul, 2016 @ 6:10pm 
could you make a version with a more "Kid Friendly" pet plz. Thank you
ZeDr'Bunclé 27 Jul, 2016 @ 11:00am 
Can I suggest a sound change for when Felins take damage? I believe the current one to be odd and annoying, and it does not sound like a cat.
Kawa  [developer] 27 Jul, 2016 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by ZeDrTipsyTasty:
Can I suggest a sound change for when Felins take damage? I believe the current one to be odd and annoying, and it does not sound like a cat.
It's funny cos I distinctly trawled the sound archives for cat noises.
Vargkungen 27 Jul, 2016 @ 11:59am 
And I must say that I thought it was very appropriate.
Nyoomin Zoomin 27 Jul, 2016 @ 1:21pm 
It seems that some of the gaurds (Apex and Florian so far) are missing quotes entirely, which makes them kill themselves. A mod I used in the beta had a similar problem, though it effected all non-merchant, non-outpost NPCs.
Last edited by Nyoomin Zoomin; 27 Jul, 2016 @ 1:23pm
Kawa  [developer] 27 Jul, 2016 @ 1:51pm 
Originally posted by wheeledtank:
It seems that some of the gaurds (Apex and Florian so far) are missing quotes entirely, which makes them kill themselves. A mod I used in the beta had a similar problem, though it effected all non-merchant, non-outpost NPCs.
I don't quite understand the issue here. For one, apex and floran characters, being vanilla, have fallback dialogue for unrecognized targets, so guards'll have something to say no matter what you are. The same goes for the felin towards other species, in that they have a "default" response block. So yeah I don't understand your issue.
Nyoomin Zoomin 27 Jul, 2016 @ 2:10pm 
I don't really know how else to explain it. It seems that gaurds just die sometimes when I go near them. Oddly enough, it is only gaurds; everyone else is uneffected. It could be just a regular bug in the game
Kawa  [developer] 27 Jul, 2016 @ 2:12pm 
Originally posted by wheeledtank:
I don't really know how else to explain it. It seems that gaurds just die sometimes when I go near them. Oddly enough, it is only gaurds; everyone else is uneffected. It could be just a regular bug in the game
Got log?
Nyoomin Zoomin 27 Jul, 2016 @ 2:59pm 
[16:18:33.241] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /dialog/guard.config:hail, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /dialog/guard.config:hail
Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /dialog/guard.config

If you need the whole thing, I'll find a way to send the current one
< >
Showing 1-15 of 105 comments
Per page: 1530 50