Realistic Ships
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 10 Sep, 2016 @ 2:48am
Bug Reports
Kindly post your bug reports here.
Last edited by Tal Ara'nh; 17 Jun, 2017 @ 2:07am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 171 comments
Somehow ended up with seven heavy dreadnaught options (both auto-built and in the creator menu). Given that only one of them had models for the ship sections while the rest had a brightly-colored placeholder image of an open, upside-down box, I'm guessing that I somehow ended up getting access to other ship styles' versions of the super dreadnaught in addition to my own. I was playing it together with downscaled ships, the performance version of stellar warpaints and the relevant compatibility patches for both. Nothing else I use touches ship types or models. ZBeautiful Battles was on, too, but I doubt that was responsible.

This was a new game, I should add. I didn't activate the mod halfway through.
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 10 Sep, 2016 @ 5:14am 
@✦ Officer Hot-Pants ✦

That is correct. Each heavy dreadnought per ship culture (arthropoid, mammalian, etc) has a species-specific tech requirement. That tech is also tied to the ship culture you chose at the start of the game and is automatically given when you reasearch spaceport 6 tech.

Since the tech is tied to your chosen ship culture, you should only have one of those techs given to you. If you are arthropoid, you're only supposed to get arthropoid eng. etc, so only the arthropoid heavy dreadnought should be available for you.

If you can see in the ship builder all heavy dreadnought versions, that means you most likely have all species-specific techs. I need to figure out how that happened.

Those techs cannot be reverse engineered from wrecks so it is unlikely you got those techs from wrecks. Can you please check if you have all species-specific techs? You also mention you only activated it halfway through a new game. Did you already have spaceport 6 tech at the time you activated my mod? Did you by any chance used the "research_technologies" console command?
Last edited by Tal Ara'nh; 10 Sep, 2016 @ 5:36am
Pontifex Maximus 15 Sep, 2016 @ 12:30pm 
I can't seem to get any of these ships to show up in game. My error log says the game could not find the entity for the ship. Not sure what's happening here.
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 15 Sep, 2016 @ 11:40pm 
@RavenCurow

May I know what graphical culture you selected for your game? Are you using other mods that add new ship classes? Can you tell me what entities are reported to be missing?

Battlecruisers and support cruisers become available at spaceport level 5 while dreadnoughts and heavy dreadnoughts at spaceport level 6.
Last edited by Tal Ara'nh; 15 Sep, 2016 @ 11:42pm
Pontifex Maximus 16 Sep, 2016 @ 12:21pm 
I am using this with stellar warpaints with the compatability patch for it. From what it looks like the entities for all the dreadnaughts show as missing, but then its checking for ones that don't exist. Like I noticed in the files that each race has dreadnaught a-g. Mammels have a, but its trying to find a for other races as well. I'm not sure if that's mucking it up or not. I'm also using a mod that adds more levels to the starport so that may be a problem. I wouldn't think so though cause level 6 is still there.
Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; 16 Sep, 2016 @ 12:21pm
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 16 Sep, 2016 @ 2:05pm 
@RavenCurow

I have the stellar warpaints mod and I am not encountering your issue at the moment. Could you tell me what was the mod that modifies starport levels?

If you are using a graphical culture from the stellar warpaints mod, it is possible the compatibility fix is not loading properly on your end. Can you please try the following:

1. Navigate to your steam installation folder and check if you can find a realships_cf_sw.zip file in the following folder:

Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\281990\756609492

2. If you can't find it, kindly try unsubscribing and resubscribing to the compatibility fix.
3. Try a new game and choose a vanilla graphical culture. Let me know if you have issues even with the vanilla ones.
4. Try disabling all other mods except my mod, stellar warpaints, and the compatibility fix and try a new game and select the exact graphical culture you used in the game you were having issues with and do the following:
  • Press ~
  • Type: research_technologies and hit enter. This will give you ALL non-repeatable techs.
  • Press ~
  • Check if you can build the ships.
Take note, you will have 7 different heavy dreadnoughts if you use this tech hack. If you chose an arthropoid graphical culture, you should see the heavy dreadnought for it with correct 3d models. The rest of the heavy dreadnoughts will not. This is expected and only happens because of the tech hack.

In the future, I will include a scripted event in the mod (which I already use for internal bug testing) which will only give spaceport 2 thru 6 techs so we can avoid this instance where all 7 dreadnoughts become available.

Let me know how it goes.
Last edited by Tal Ara'nh; 21 Sep, 2016 @ 11:01am
Pontifex Maximus 19 Sep, 2016 @ 2:13pm 
I've never used the Stellar Warpaints graphical cultures as I thought they didn't work. I figured they were there cause the graphical culture, city sets, and ships sets were tied together so he couldn't do one without the others. I've been using the vanilla cultures the entire time.
Pontifex Maximus 19 Sep, 2016 @ 2:27pm 
By correct 3d model do you mean that the models don't show up? Cause I did what you suggested with the red mammalion warpaint and I got them to show up, but only two showed the models. If that's intended and only happens with the console command then the problem must be on my end.
Pontifex Maximus 19 Sep, 2016 @ 2:35pm 
Well my friend I may have spoken too soon. I turned all my mods back on and used the tech hack and they are still there. Apparently I may not have researched far enough down the tech path to find them. Sorry for the trouble.

EDIT: Before I rule a non issue, I just wanted to make sure that its the tech hack that's causing some of the ship models to not appear correct? LIke they are in the ship designer, but the model not there. Some of the models are not correct for the graphical culture like you mentioned, but some don't show up at all. Just wanted to make sure that this was because of the hack.
Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; 19 Sep, 2016 @ 2:41pm
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 20 Sep, 2016 @ 10:27am 
@RavenCurow

Yes, the tech hack will result in multiple heavy dreadnoughts and yes, 2 out of 7 will have 3d models when you use the hack. The first would be your chosen graphical culture and the other would be the fallback vanilla mammalian heavy dreadnought (but turrets will follow your chosen graphical culture). The others will show a blank or a cube placeholder.

Playing it normally should not result in having all 7 heavy dreadnoughts available since you shouldn't use the tech hack in a normal game. We only did it in this case to help troubleshoot the issue.

Bottom line is once you have researched spaceport level 6, all ship classes should unlock.
Last edited by Tal Ara'nh; 21 Sep, 2016 @ 10:53am
Gamerofwar99 27 Sep, 2016 @ 7:05pm 
This is an adimitadly small, but can there be new symbols? Like when you look at a fleet, can there be new diamonds to show how many battlecruisers, or dreadnaughts there are?
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 28 Sep, 2016 @ 11:09am 
@nazi super weapon

I have not tried making .dds files from scratch but I will see what I can do about it.
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 3 Oct, 2016 @ 10:57am 
@nazi super weapon

Mod updated with new icons for the new ship classes, thanks for your feedback. :-)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/267226724949554622/06323280C472AA40DE1F5C9C961FB7E396FAB6DD/

It took me some time to figure out how to "widen" the space allocated for the icons so they don't overlap one another. Thanks for the suggestion, I hope you like it.
Last edited by Tal Ara'nh; 3 Oct, 2016 @ 11:30am
HoChiMinh/Maxxer 24 Oct, 2016 @ 6:03pm 
ok, not sure if this is known or not, but after using your mod on a already existing empire, i started a new one, and instead of getting 3 corvettes i got 3 battlecruisers.
Tal Ara'nh  [developer] 25 Oct, 2016 @ 1:11am 
@The Gilbus Spy

I am pretty sure the mod only adds 1 battlecruiser class so if you are seeing more than one, it could be from other mods. If other mods use a unique ship class name for their battlecruiser, then yes, it will come up as a separate entry from mine in the ship design screen.

Can you tell me if you have other ship mods installed?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 171 comments
Per page: 1530 50