Unturned

Unturned

Overgrown 2
Nocturnalx36 13 Jun, 2016 @ 6:30pm
Rubberbanding and other issues.
Gotta say, I am a fan of the map. But I have a couple of gripes / questions / bug reports.

A lot of the custom buildings and what not cause major rubberbanding when I walk in then. Its gotten me killed multiple times.

Immunity items (anti-biotics, vitamins, etc) are very rare. I don't know if this has to do with server settings or if it was intentional with the map design / loot table. But after 20 hours on your map i've literally found one immunity item.

Loot in general in custom buildings / housing is nearly non-existant. Again, idk if this is intentional, a bug, or a map setting, but most of the custom buildings have literally or next to nothing in them.

EXP gains are too low. Again, idk if this is a server setting or intentional. But all zombies, military or civilian, only give 3 exp. It makes it even more frusturating when you die from lack of anti-biotics because of lack of spawns.

Blow torches and Chainsaws seem almost impossible to find. In vanilla I can find both fairly quickly. But on this map I have found a total of 1 blow torch and am yet to see a chainsaw despite nearly religious looting of farms and industrial zones.

Again, i have no idea how much of this is game related - bugs - server settings - or intentional design. But I feel like they are things worth bringing up. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

EDIT: Also, I am yet to see a single Alice Pack.
Last edited by Nocturnalx36; 13 Jun, 2016 @ 7:14pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Lulwut 13 Jun, 2016 @ 7:11pm 
I've found something of a fix for the item issue. If you set the spawn rate (either for singleplayer or your server via the json file in the server folder) to quite high, even the max of 1, you will get a lot more spawns. I mean, the issue then may be over spawning of items but with this enabled at least there is a reasonable amount of other equipment. Maybe a temporary fix but it seems to do the job.
Maximus 13 Jun, 2016 @ 8:44pm 
iv seen alic packs from zombies spawnans. also the anti-medicine is found in pharmacies iv founda ton there ie: vaccines. i play on normal and hard and loot is OK but can be more realistic why? becuase it took me 1 hour to find a gun in a military base.... i mean in a military base shouldnt there be tons of guns not 1 per hour? also many vehicles are falling thro the ground. i had helis on roofs but they fall right thro 7 floors when i dissconect.
spungar 13 Jun, 2016 @ 8:45pm 
Now I don't want to play on the map... until an update is released for the map.
Maximus 13 Jun, 2016 @ 8:47pm 
why? this map is the best the only problem is helis and loot but just spawn in items if you need to.
Nocturnalx36 13 Jun, 2016 @ 8:52pm 
Originally posted by maximus:
why? this map is the best the only problem is helis and loot but just spawn in items if you need to.

That defeats the purpose of the game.
Mega Glub 13 Jun, 2016 @ 9:25pm 
For the anti-body lack, try to find some pink berries and mass farm them. Pink berries are natural cures on custom maps without any drawbacks (last I checked).
Nocturnalx36 13 Jun, 2016 @ 11:07pm 
Think I may be done with this map for awhile. Just lost a bunch of good gear and all of my skill points after falling through the building on the oil rig and getting killed by a horde of zombies which were stuck there too. Fix the buildings please.
Maximus 14 Jun, 2016 @ 8:18am 
@theblackpumpkin i know i usally only spawn in a colt and 1 canned bacon so im not to OP but at least i have a fighting chance. all my spawns seem to be in the middle of cities.
Ok, so the loot spawns and stuff can wait and maybe they are balanced and maybe they are not, but the fact remains (the reason why this discussion was started) that rubberbanding is an huge issue, whether at be at the hazmat factory, or just the castle, the rubberbanding is a frequent issue that I believe needs to be addressed. Not to say this map isnt awesome, becuase it is.
I said issue and frequent like fourty times, welp. :steamfacepalm:
Jorge 24 Jun, 2016 @ 8:20am 
Originally posted by BossasaurusRex123:
For the anti-body lack, try to find some pink berries and mass farm them. Pink berries are natural cures on custom maps without any drawbacks (last I checked).
Crushed Indigo* :)
Jorge 24 Jun, 2016 @ 8:27am 
The issue is not caused by "rubberbanding". Rubberbanding is caused by packets not reaching their destination through your internet. The real problem is due to clipping and placement issues. Some of these may be unavoidable while others may be easy to fix like lowering the house and its objects lower to the ground/into the ground more.
The loot table has no problem, immunity items and just fine and I find them frequently. Try looking more into hospitals and pharmacies. IMO I like how some things are harder to find.
EXP gains have always been around 3-4 EXP per zombie kill if I remember correctly and even if it IS lower on Overgrown 2, that doesnt mean its bad. It means you cant max out every skill and be set after killing all the zombies in one city.
Blowtorches and chainsaws SHOULD be rare because they are both very important and useful. This also goes together with what I was saying about the immunitry items. Plus, I think it is a good thing to have to search a certain place for one certain item. It makes it more realistic and it makes it harder, in a fun way.
Nocturnalx36 24 Jun, 2016 @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by TheVandal:
The issue is not caused by "rubberbanding". Rubberbanding is caused by packets not reaching their destination through your internet. The real problem is due to clipping and placement issues. Some of these may be unavoidable while others may be easy to fix like lowering the house and its objects lower to the ground/into the ground more.
The loot table has no problem, immunity items and just fine and I find them frequently. Try looking more into hospitals and pharmacies. IMO I like how some things are harder to find.
EXP gains have always been around 3-4 EXP per zombie kill if I remember correctly and even if it IS lower on Overgrown 2, that doesnt mean its bad. It means you cant max out every skill and be set after killing all the zombies in one city.
Blowtorches and chainsaws SHOULD be rare because they are both very important and useful. This also goes together with what I was saying about the immunitry items. Plus, I think it is a good thing to have to search a certain place for one certain item. It makes it more realistic and it makes it harder, in a fun way.

I played the map for a good 40 hours without finding a single immunity item, chainsaw, or blowtorch, that means there is a problem, i know where to search, its isn't user error. The only way I've gotten immunity items to start spawning is by switching it to a gold server.

As for the rubberbanding issue. The term we use to describe it matters none, I know what "rubberbanding" is caused by, that doesn't change that the effect of the clipping is virtually the same as rubberbanding in effect.

As EXP is concerned, i've found that all of the custom maps have that "issue". 3 exp per kill and 5 for trees where as official maps are 4-5 for zombies and 6 for trees. It's not a huge difference, but you acting like that extra 1-2 exp is going to let you max out all of your skills in one run of a city is way off base.

EDIT: Not to mention, realism shouldn't even enter into the conversation when we're talking about Unturned. Its not a realistic game. If I wanted realism I'd be playing Arma.
Last edited by Nocturnalx36; 24 Jun, 2016 @ 12:01pm
Sirion 30 Jun, 2016 @ 12:03pm 
Yea, well. The map is pretty epic, but indeed the rubberbanding in the modded buildings is terrible.

Basically for those who are confused:
Rubberbanding is like the glitch that if you're walking on a vehicle/building/whatever and you're being pulled back/bouncing up and down so you basically can't move or move very slowly.

Clipping is something way different. Clipping is like you walk THROUGH objects or fall THROUGH a floor or anything. Rubberbanding doesn't make you fall through anything, as far as I am aware of.

But to get back to the topic: The worst issue I'm having with this buggy, but still very epic map, is that the modded buildings makes you rubberband this much. This is caused by Fiffe's mod itself. It hasn't been updated for a while and still uses the old measures and old data that was used before rubberbanding even occured on Unturned. I think there isn't much to be done about it right now, except removing Fiff's Objects or replacing it with another one. I've had tons of modded objects on another map, and I never have problems with those.
I think: "Updated on 21 sep 2015 at 3:56pm" (Fiff's Objects 2.2) is saying enough.
Nocturnalx36 30 Jun, 2016 @ 7:50pm 
You're right, but I would think that the map creator would have tested the map first. Don't get me wrong, I think its an absolutely awesome map. But if Fiffs isn't going be updated then the map really needs to be redone with vanilla buildings.

Again, I love the map, and if fiffs gets updated, thats great, but as it is now, I can't play it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50