Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Assassin's Artifact
jjdefender 4 May, 2016 @ 8:03am
Mandatory stat discussion
Hi. I was thinking up a new knife idea...
Deal 4-5 backstabs to charge raid ritual
-25% attack speed
+10% movement speed
+ 15% fire and explosive damage vulnerability
RAID RITUAL: when charged, right click to summon poison gas in an area, enemies effected have 20% slower movement speed, and take 3-5 damage second, all lasting around 5-8 seconds
It's a dumb idea that probably won't get added, but you guys could do better
(Remember to keep the stats balanced 9_9)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
jjdefender 4 May, 2016 @ 8:05am 
I misspelled damage a second >_>
Py-Bun #fixTF2  [developer] 4 May, 2016 @ 8:37am 
turns people into obsidian
jjdefender 4 May, 2016 @ 10:33am 
Obsidian statues like the spy-cicle? That would be cool :D
Tasty Earlobes 4 May, 2016 @ 11:32am 
It would be awsome
poision gas is utterly pointless. i know this is an ancient obisdian knife, but we need to step out of the stone age with useless game mechanics here. I have a stat idea for this weapon that is simple, and not utterly useless (5-8 seconds of low damage + slowness wont do jack to a team or even one player)

My stat idea-

-25 health (similar to the big earner)

35% faster cloak recharge time

Secondary fire: Curse of death (can only be cast while cloaked, and costs half your cloak to cast)

Highlights a single target making them visible from anywhere on the map (similar to the glow effect when you see players in spectator mode) and increases damage dealt to them and by them by 20%. directly backstabbing this target spreads the effect to any enemy player within sight of the target.

The effect is removed when the spy who cast it dies (deadringers included) cannot be cast on ubered targets, and cannot be cast on targets with any other status debuffs (madmilk, jarate, fire etc) and is removed when the effected target dies

the entire idea behind this is to create isolation and paranoia amongst the enemy team. while being able to do 20% more damage is nice, you would be a glass cannon, and the possibility of spreading that same burden to the rest of your team would create issues. since a spy can only curse one player at a time, and the curse can only spread when that spy sucessfully backstabs the marked target near other enemies, it would be very difficult to exploit.

Furthermore, effective use of this weapon hinges on the skill of the spy using it, and the team hes using it against. Knowing that an unseen enemy spy in the room has marked you for death would cause unforseen recklessness and suicidal actions. for example knowing that the entire enemy team is watching you moving around and building your sentry would create huge security concerns. this only further solidifies the purpose of the spy class, to disrupt and sabotage from the shadows.

Likewise, it also adds a benefit to the cursed target, for example, who wants to fight a direct hit soldier with a 20% damage bonus? but then you have to think, who wants to be that direct hit soldier who can die from a couple shotgun blasts? This curse requires the player to make wise decisions. as an example: do you target the pyro who never dies much anyway? the scout who is constantly capping? how about the engineer crouched behind his sentry nest and teleporter in your sewers? who would be most effected by the curse, and a sucessful backstab? the choice is up to you, but the results are likely not.

I hope you all consider my ideas.
its about danm time we get some new spy weapons, consider my design a step in the right direction

TLDR how about a curse of death instead? increases damage dealt by and damage done to a single marked target, and can be spread to nearby enemies via sucessful backstab. also highlights them for all players to see.
Twilight_Jester 4 May, 2016 @ 3:01pm 
i small a reskin, knowing our luck it's a reskin of the Conniver's Kunai, or the Big Earner. -w-
Sledge 4 May, 2016 @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by NZ3:
Secondary fire: Curse of death (can only be cast while cloaked, and costs half your cloak to cast)

Highlights a single target making them visible from anywhere on the map (similar to the glow effect when you see players in spectator mode) and increases damage dealt to them and by them by 20%. directly backstabbing this target spreads the effect to any enemy player within sight of the target.

Great concept, and I have my own idea built on this concept.

My Idea (Slightly Stealing)

On Backstab : Mark all nearby enemies for death for a short time
On Backstab : -10% movement speed on user for a short time
Backstabbed enemies will scream louder than normal
25% Slower Swing Speed
Takes longer to fully cloak

The idea is that once you get a backstab, you will be encouraged to whip out your revolver to kill the surrounding enemies. Running away will be a difficult option, due to a slower movement speed, longer cloak time, and a louder sound. This will also be a great weapon to use against medics, since backstabbing their pocket will mark the medic, and you will deal 80 damage shots to him with the stock revolver.

TL:DR ; A knife that marks nearby enemies for death but penalizes you in the escaping department.
Originally posted by Sledge™:

Great concept, and I have my own idea built on this concept.

My Idea (Slightly Stealing)

On Backstab : Mark all nearby enemies for death for a short time
On Backstab : -10% movement speed on user for a short time
Backstabbed enemies will scream louder than normal
25% Slower Swing Speed
Takes longer to fully cloak

The idea is that once you get a backstab, you will be encouraged to whip out your revolver to kill the surrounding enemies. Running away will be a difficult option, due to a slower movement speed, longer cloak time, and a louder sound. This will also be a great weapon to use against medics, since backstabbing their pocket will mark the medic, and you will deal 80 damage shots to him with the stock revolver.

TL:DR ; A knife that marks nearby enemies for death but penalizes you in the escaping department.

You might as well just strap a bomb to the spy and send him in. while i see the reasoning behind it, you and i must both agree, your stat suggestions would make this weapon into a pre nerf phlogistinator for the spy class.

I respectfully adknowledge your ideas on the subject, but as far as the overall concept and design for spy, im afraid a crowd control mark for death would put this in the imb4 pile.
jjdefender 5 May, 2016 @ 3:10am 
poision gas is utterly pointless. i know this is an ancient obisdian knife, but we need to step out of the stone age with useless game mechanics here. I have a stat idea for this weapon that is simple, and not utterly useless (5-8 seconds of low damage + slowness wont do jack to a team or even one player)

My stat idea-

The effect is removed when the spy who cast it dies (deadringers included) cannot be cast on ubered targets, and cannot be cast on targets with any other status debuffs (madmilk, jarate, fire etc) and is removed when the effected target dies

the entire idea behind this is to create isolation and paranoia amongst the enemy team. while being able to do 20% more damage is nice, you would be a glass cannon, and the possibility of spreading that same burden to the rest of your team would create issues. since a spy can only curse one player at a time, and the curse can only spread when that spy sucessfully backstabs the marked target near other enemies, it would be very difficult to exploit.

Furthermore, effective use of this weapon hinges on the skill of the spy using it, and the team hes using it against. Knowing that an unseen enemy spy in the room has marked you for death would cause unforseen recklessness and suicidal actions. for example knowing that the entire enemy team is watching you moving around and building your sentry would create huge security concerns. this only further solidifies the purpose of the spy class, to disrupt and sabotage from the shadows.

Likewise, it also adds a benefit to the cursed target, for example, who wants to fight a direct hit soldier with a 20% damage bonus? but then you have to think, who wants to be that direct hit soldier who can die from a couple shotgun blasts? This curse requires the player to make wise decisions. as an example: do you target the pyro who never dies much anyway? the scout who is constantly capping? how about the engineer crouched behind his sentry nest and teleporter in your sewers? who would be most effected by the curse, and a sucessful backstab? the choice is up to you, but the results are likely not.

its about danm time we get some new spy weapons, consider my design a step in the right direction

TLDR how about a curse of death instead? increases damage dealt by and damage done to a single marked target, and can be spread to nearby enemies via sucessful backstab. also highlights them for all players to see.
Now we are talkin
jjdefender 5 May, 2016 @ 3:12am 
And yeah I overnerfed my stats 9_9 thnx for pointing out
Tasty Earlobes 5 May, 2016 @ 8:57am 
I acctualy like the idea of a reskin for the connivers kunai, but i also want a knife that turns people into obsedian

The effect is removed when the spy who cast it dies (deadringers included) cannot be cast on ubered targets, and cannot be cast on targets with any other status debuffs (madmilk, jarate, fire etc) and is removed when the effected target dies.

Added: turns backstabbed targets into obsidian statues

puke man 5 May, 2016 @ 2:19pm 
I think good stats would be
+15% Faster attack rate.
On hit: Bleed apponent for 5 seconds.
On Backstab: Deal 75 Damage and give apponent bleed for 10 seconds
On Backstab: Heal 15 Health.
On backstab with enemy medic: Store 5% Ubercharge up to 100% Uber.
On alternate attack with friendly medic healing you: Give stored Ubercharge.
-40% Damage.
-10% Slower backstab rate.
-1 Health drained per second while deployed.
Last edited by puke man; 5 May, 2016 @ 2:21pm
Viemärirotta 6 May, 2016 @ 4:20am 
On Backstab: Target gets to develop a Fallout game with Obsidian.
Last edited by Viemärirotta; 6 May, 2016 @ 4:20am
Py-Bun #fixTF2  [developer] 6 May, 2016 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by Viper:
On Backstab: Target gets to develop a Fallout game with Obsidian.
^
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50