Space Engineers

Space Engineers

(DX11) Block Combinations
Engi 19 Apr, 2016 @ 11:24am
Suggestions
-Light and sensor combination (not possible?)

-Catwalk with 2 parallel sides with overhead light using split pillars running up the sides of the block and a split pillar overhead to mount the light on so you can use existing shapes so it matches other blocks. Or you could do a simple upside down U shape frame to mount the light on...edit: have a mount point on top of this block so you can suspend it or have another catwalk above for multiple catwalk decks.

-Catwalk with light imbeded in the bottom of the catwalk so it shines down below the catwalk.

-Passanger seat with light on the back or top of head rest.

-Catwalk with two sides opposite each other, like standard then a button panel for a third side to make a "peninsula" catwalk with function.

-Button panel with half LCD/Text panel attached to the top of the button panel. (Not possible?)
Last edited by Engi; 20 Apr, 2016 @ 12:11pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Kip Wilson 19 Apr, 2016 @ 10:20pm 
Armor block with interior light :)
Digi 20 Apr, 2016 @ 12:15am 
AFAIK It's not possible to mix 2 functional types, like sensor and light.
The blocks are basically one type but the model has a decoration block included.

But while I'm here: interior light with interior wall would be nice too.
Anaki 20 Apr, 2016 @ 3:54am 
If I may jump on this suggestion/request bandwaggon for a moment, I'd like to request a couple blocks of my own.

These being, a hallway comprised of two Steel Walkway Plates (1x1x1)
Example: http://imgur.com/9DMc9Z0

The same hallway with an interior light on the 'ceiling'
Example: http://imgur.com/yOBEhSW

And finally a single Steel Walkway Plate with Interior Light on the 'ceiling'
Example: http://imgur.com/kMBb6cu

I noticed in the comments that you've recently added 8 new blocks, since I originally subscribed but, I've not had a chance to check them out yet, so I appologise if my suggestions have already been covered.
BB|Hyperforce 20 Apr, 2016 @ 9:02am 
Here are some suggestions:

Hallway with catwalk bottom
Hallway with door at end (and catwalk bottom)
Hallway corners / intersections with catwalk bottom (I know this would require a bit of modeling)
Last edited by BB|Hyperforce; 20 Apr, 2016 @ 9:05am
Engi 20 Apr, 2016 @ 2:24pm 
-Flight seat with inverted 2x3 and 3x3 window like your 1x1 inverted. Don't think you need the non inverted window as I'm not sure why anyone would want to look Into the tinted side. This way we can double pane our front view large windows for additional durability.

Other than the catwalks with split pillars (from your pillars mod) for over head lights and so you can stack catwalks for multiple decks and catwalks with light below them and the above large windows with flight seats, you have pretty much done all the single function combinations you can. I can't think of any others. Nice work on this. Totally improves interior designs.

If you've got spare time maybe reduce the glare on the stock flight seat fake lcd screens so we can actually see past it and out of the window. Or remove them and the center console all together so we can actually see down.
SgtWolf 20 Apr, 2016 @ 8:26pm 
A clear LCD would be cool quite annoying to see the yellow.
Ulsmi 21 Apr, 2016 @ 12:17am 
is it only me? or anyone else is missing a 45° Catwalk? putting a "Corner" on top of a Slope is so damn ugly....
Anaki 21 Apr, 2016 @ 12:37am 
Agreed @Ulsmi, however that would require some custom modelling which I'm not sure is Eikester's intention with this mod pack but, you know what they say about assumptions.

In regards to combining a door with a hallway @KC Pilot, I played around with it last night and determined it would require a custom model in order to satiate my OCD (♥♥♥♥ just doesn't line up cleanly), the 'wings' on the door model also poke out the sides (as you'd expect) making it a predictable nightmare.
Anaki 21 Apr, 2016 @ 12:39am 
The above are simply observations, I have no authority over Eikester's work, nor do I try to claim any, this is simply rhetoric.
Aixplainer 21 Apr, 2016 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by Kip Wilson:
Armor block with interior light :)
Amen to that! I would love to have such a block.
Also an interior block with light.
no one 21 Apr, 2016 @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by Digi:
AFAIK It's not possible to mix 2 functional types, like sensor and light.
The blocks are basically one type but the model has a decoration block included.

But while I'm here: interior light with interior wall would be nice too.

By this logic, would a medical bay + interior light be impossible to create?
jarhead 24 Apr, 2016 @ 2:53pm 
I have an idea:
medical bay with (4) catwalks under it and 2 behind it on one side
(do this with 3 varients so 1st is 2 on side one, 2nd on side two, and 3rd on both sides but all three have 4 under it)
Engi 24 Apr, 2016 @ 3:16pm 
Originally posted by jarhead:
I have an idea:
medical bay with (4) catwalks under it and 2 behind it on one side
(do this with 3 varients so 1st is 2 on side one, 2nd on side two, and 3rd on both sides but all three have 4 under it)

to make it airtight?
jarhead 24 Apr, 2016 @ 3:24pm 
yes
jarhead 24 Apr, 2016 @ 3:25pm 
but also to make it more usable when mounted on top of a refinery
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50