Space Engineers

Space Engineers

(DX11)Stairwell
astrocom 24 Mar, 2016 @ 7:13pm
Suggestion
I, for one, would love a glass version of these.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Alciya Dragonash 25 Mar, 2016 @ 11:34am 
better yet: Illuminated stairs. have them produce small amounts of light, or give them 'glowstrips' or somesuch.
Professor Nipples 25 Mar, 2016 @ 11:47am 
+1 on some type of accent lighting on the stairs. What a great mod, can't believe it's not vanilla with the lack of ladders and impossible MP vanilla elevators.
Racerexia 26 Mar, 2016 @ 10:39am 
There is a ladder mod, but this is nicer, as for the lights, I was hoping to see both star-landings to be illuminated?
astrocom 26 Mar, 2016 @ 9:49pm 
Actually, guys, from what I've seen in other mods, it may not be possible to have a block that emits light radially that also has a colission mesh. I'm not a modder myself, though, so I"m not sure.
red234 27 Mar, 2016 @ 5:23am 
I would second the lights on the stairs as well. Another point would be making half a stair well, so you can have 2 directions leading into one stair case, like this bold one:

_
/_
_\
/ \

I tried
Last edited by red234; 27 Mar, 2016 @ 5:24am
Darth Biomech  [developer] 4 Apr, 2016 @ 5:49am 
You guys obviously didn't even downloaded the mod, did you? It INCLUDES version with lighting since 22nd.
SievertChaser 4 Apr, 2016 @ 11:02am 
Originally posted by Darth Biomech:
You guys obviously didn't even downloaded the mod, did you? It INCLUDES version with lighting since 22nd.
Loading the game takes time. Throwing up ideas does not.
EnjoyCoke 6 Apr, 2016 @ 10:52am 
I love the glass-idea.
Small, steel frame - platform consists of two glass panes so it'll actually be 2x½x½ (if makes sense? Y-axis is only half a block, then steel bar/ frame, then another glass, middle of the 'block' is also with a steel bar, like a big cross with four small windows in it), and ladder/ staircase itself consisting on steel-frame with glass steps.
can you make this? Am I making sense? Am I the only one who'd think this would look badass-as-♥♥♥♥?
astrocom 9 Apr, 2016 @ 1:18pm 
I thought I checked for one with built in lights, but then one was there after all. I'd still like a glass version, since fewer light sources seems to mean better performance.
Engi 20 Apr, 2016 @ 8:59am 
Originally posted by dennis.danilov:
Loading the game takes time. Throwing up ideas does not.

It may not take your time but it does take his time because he gets notified every time someone makes a comment. And when comments are ignorant because you've never actually use the mod it probably gets really annoying.
get in description 21 Jun, 2016 @ 11:21am 
Originally posted by Alciya Dragonash:
better yet: Illuminated stairs. have them produce small amounts of light, or give them 'glowstrips' or somesuch.
agreed
astrocom 21 Jun, 2016 @ 1:40pm 
the mod includes lighted stair blocks, there just aren't any pictures included so you don't know that until you actually use the mod.
SievertChaser 21 Jun, 2016 @ 1:48pm 
:steamfacepalm::steamfacepalm::steamfacepalm:
Darth Biomech  [developer] 22 Jun, 2016 @ 10:27am 
> there just aren't any pictures included
Literally second from the start picture demonstrates stairs with light...
astrocom 22 Jun, 2016 @ 1:27pm 
@Darth Biomech, well yes I noticed that shortly thereafter, but when I commented on Apr 9th there was not, I'm pretty sure.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50