XCOM 2
Tommy Wiseau Voice pack
Vasya Cobra  [developer] 16 Sep, 2017 @ 7:07am
WotC Support / How to make my mods work with the special classes
So I have had many comments posted on my mod pages asking about War of the Chosen support. The short answer is all my mods are compatible with WotC but they do not support the WotC exclusive soldier classes (Reapers, Skirmishers, Templars) nor do they support SPARKs.

All of my mods are compatible with WotC for base game (vanilla) soldier classes. The game's launcher will have a small yellow triangle next to the mod's name which will say "incompatible" on mouse hover. Ignore this and continue and the mod will work just fine.

You will not be able to assign these mod voices to WotC exclusive classes or SPARKs, however my mods can very easily be made compatible with these classes through the use of a text editor.

Why have I not done this myself?

Because doing this breaks the mod for base game soldier classes. You can either use the mod for WotC classes or for base game classes, not both. I have decided to maintain compatibility for base game classes, so when you download my mods that is who it will work with. But I have written the following guide to allow you guys to easily make my voice packs function with the DLC soldier classes:

How do I make the mod compatible with SPARKs/WotC classes?

Firstly you need to locate the mod folder on your hard disk. Locate your Steam install folder then follow the path \SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\

Inside this folder will be a bunch of seemingly randomly numbered folders. For my mods, the following list should help:

• 622344275 - Arnold Scwarzenegger
  • 627006026 - Darth Vader
  • 627246704 - Bob Ross
  • 631940398 - Ainsley Harriott
  • 633226160 - Tommy Wiseau
  • 642903979 - Tony Montana
  • 646581567 - Clint Eastwood
  • 650101867 - Shodan
  • 653286255 - Francis York Morgan
  • 672837968 - Emperor Palpatine

Enter the desired folder and then open the "Config" folder. Inside will be an "XComContent.ini" file. Open this with a text editing application (e.g. Notepad for Windows). In the text editor you should see the following:

(the following example text is taken from the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice pack. Depending on which voice pack you are editing some of the text inside will change but do not worry - you will only be adding on a small piece of text at the end of the lines, you do not need to understand the bulk of what is written here)

[XComGame.X2BodyPartTemplateManager] +BodyPartTemplateConfig=(PartType="Voice", Language="russian", Gender=eGender_Male, TemplateName="Voice_Arnold", ArchetypeName="Voice_Arnold_Data.Voice_Arnold") +BodyPartTemplateConfig=(PartType="Voice", Language="russian", Gender=eGender_None, TemplateName="Voice_Arnold", ArchetypeName="Voice_Arnold_Data.Voice_Arnold")

The lines beginning with "+BodyPartTemplateConfig=" are what we are interested in. Why two of them though? The top line allows the voice mod to be used with male soldiers through the "Gender=eGender_Male" part. Why don't you try changing that to "Gender=eGender_Female". Notice how the mod is now only selectable for Female soldiers? Pretty basic stuff. Remember to change that back if you don't want a feminine Schwarzenegger. The second line is now effectively useless. Previously SPARKs could be assigned voices by setting that gender to "None" as seen in code above. Now due to some Firaxis updating that unfortunately no longer works.

So lets say you want one of my mods to work with all the DLC/expansion classes (ie SPARKs, Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars). You would do the following:

+BodyPartTemplateConfig=(PartType="Voice", Language="russian", Gender=eGender_Male, TemplateName="Voice_Arnold", ArchetypeName="Voice_Arnold_Data.Voice_Arnold", CharacterTemplate="ReaperSoldier") +BodyPartTemplateConfig=(PartType="Voice", Language="russian", Gender=eGender_Male, TemplateName="Voice_Arnold", ArchetypeName="Voice_Arnold_Data.Voice_Arnold", CharacterTemplate="SkirmisherSoldier") +BodyPartTemplateConfig=(PartType="Voice", Language="russian", Gender=eGender_Male, TemplateName="Voice_Arnold", ArchetypeName="Voice_Arnold_Data.Voice_Arnold", CharacterTemplate="TemplarSoldier") +BodyPartTemplateConfig=(PartType="Voice", Language="russian", Gender=eGender_None, TemplateName="Voice_Arnold", ArchetypeName="Voice_Arnold_Data.Voice_Arnold", CharacterTemplate="SparkSoldier")

Notice you are only adding CharacterTemplate="_______Soldier" to the end of each line. You don't need to edit anything else in the line of code. They should all be self explanatory, adding CharacterTemplate="TemplarSoldier" to the end of the line will make the mod work with the Templar class. You get the picture. Save your changes to the file, then try running the game. It should now work with whichever special class you named in the code.

As I have already mentioned, this will end the mod's compatability with base games soldier classes. Want to revert back? Take that bit of code out, save the file and play. Simple!

If Firaxis changes the way mods work in the future and allows all classes to be compatible at the same time I will of course make the necessary changes to the mod to support that. For now, this is a very simple fix to allow you guys to use my mods with the DLC classes.

I hope it's useful and if anything above is not clear then leave a comment below and I will try to assist.

Cheers
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Dave1805 27 Nov, 2020 @ 4:23pm 
Hello, how do I make the mod work with war of the chosen?
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50