Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Playable Pets
Leo Coxington  [developer] 14 Feb, 2016 @ 12:50am
General Suggestions
This is not a suggestion thread for what mobs should be added, theres a thread already for that.

If you have an idea on what might make this mod more fun and/or balanced, place them here.
Whether it be a simple stat change or a new perk altogether.

The intention of the mod is to give players a fun coop experience that doesn't make the game too easy or difficult, while keeping each mob unique and fun to play as.

Note: The giants mob are a special exception .The giants won't be changed much as I feel that giants should be and feel like giants and its why I added configurations to enable/disable them.
Last edited by Leo Coxington; 20 Dec, 2016 @ 4:36pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 300 comments
mekyses 14 Feb, 2016 @ 2:40am 
pls add mole
chodl 14 Feb, 2016 @ 3:15am 
pls add mole
MaxTheMan1232 14 Feb, 2016 @ 3:53pm 
Maybe for the warg it moves as fast as hounds? I have never met a warg in DST so I don't know how fast it actually is.
Leo Coxington  [developer] 14 Feb, 2016 @ 4:15pm 
Thats the speed he actually moves. I don't think its a good idea to make him faster given how powerful he is.
Avaloth 15 Feb, 2016 @ 1:10am 
Hello, it is possible to make wormholes usable by player mobs/pets?
Last edited by Avaloth; 15 Feb, 2016 @ 1:12am
Leo Coxington  [developer] 15 Feb, 2016 @ 1:49am 
It should be possible, I'll see what I can do.
Zetan 15 Feb, 2016 @ 10:53am 
Great mod! I've been playing as a hound with my wife and it's a ton of fun. It does feel a bit easier than a normal 2-person game, with the natural weapon, the lack of any sanity loss, etc. One possible balancing factor I thought of (which would also add a bit to "realism") was to make sleep mandatory.

As it is right now, I can go without sleep practically indefinitely with no ill effects. Health regeneration is fast enough that I've never wanted to actually sleep. But even a faithful guard dog needs to rest sometimes!

I propose you replace the sanity meter (since, as far as I can tell, it never goes down) with an "alertness" meter. If you wanted to get fancy, you could make the graphic an eye which gradually becomes closed as the meter goes down. Have it going down constantly; maybe at a rate where if you don't sleep at all, it will totally run out in 5 days. While sleeping, it should recharge at twice the rate it falls while awake (to simulate a normal 8-hour rest for every 16-hours awake cycle).

If it runs out, you die. As it gets lower, your speed and damage both drop gradually, making you less and less effective as you get tired. Maybe start these ill effects when it's about 1/6 down, since that will be 20 hours straight of being awake. And you could maybe do something like if you're at less than half and you go to sleep, you can't wake up again until it's above half.

(Small ulterior motive, I think the hound sleeping animation is cute, and want to see it more. ;) )

Anyway, it's obviously your mod, so if you don't like these ideas or they're too complicated to easily implement, keep doing things your way; I'll be happy and keep using it regardless. :D Thanks for all your hard work!
Leo Coxington  [developer] 15 Feb, 2016 @ 11:23am 
Not a bad idea! Making sleep important would help balance the mod out. Might not make an entire meter for it but I could use sanity for these effects. I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with. Thanks!
Zetan 15 Feb, 2016 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by Leonardo Coxington:
Not a bad idea! Making sleep important would help balance the mod out. Might not make an entire meter for it but I could use sanity for these effects. I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

Ah, yes, I guess just using sanity makes more sense. :D Glad you like the idea, and thank you!
Sleep deprivation should definitely be a thing, but I think that it should just drain sanity. Shadow creatures are a thing, after all.
EDIT: smallbirds need to be buffed. They are the most limited of the groups available, and are entirely reliant on good fortune/another person to survive. At least allow them to eat butterfly wings!
Last edited by Meet the Zombie Soldier; 15 Feb, 2016 @ 4:14pm
doomflea 15 Feb, 2016 @ 6:23pm 
Tallbird goes hungry, perhaps? And maybe if you're a smallbird or mossling, starting as an egg? And for sleep deprivation, if you're hungry all the time you go more insane/get sleepier?
Chrome 16 Feb, 2016 @ 12:11pm 
Hey, I think you should nerf the catcoon a bit, he does 70 damage xd
Leo Coxington  [developer] 16 Feb, 2016 @ 12:14pm 
All mobs do 2x of the original base damage to other mobs. Thats why the damage is high, its to help make it where a mobplayer's attack aren't outclassed by a player with a spear. The damage is reduced massively when mobs attack other players (by 75%).
Last edited by Leo Coxington; 16 Feb, 2016 @ 12:18pm
Chrome 16 Feb, 2016 @ 12:17pm 
ooh, okay
Ickery 17 Feb, 2016 @ 1:18pm 
How about having an branching(or if too complex, a basic) evolution system? For example, everyone starts off as a basic spider and by leveling up, you can branch towards wolf or pigman or spider warrior. Then the next one would be merman/ice hounds/spiderdweller, etc.
Last edited by Ickery; 17 Feb, 2016 @ 1:33pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 300 comments
Per page: 1530 50