Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Ploppable RICO
AJ3D  [developer] 2 Jan, 2016 @ 4:42pm
Report Issues Here
Hey guys!

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and played with the mod so far. There are lots of issues to work though, so I thought it would be easier to keep track of them all in a discussion thread, rather than the comments.

Garbage accumulation too high:
I've temporally turned this down.

Fire risk too high:
I've temporally turned this down.

Auto demolish mods are demolishing sub-buildings:
Fixed. Plops will survive with auto demolish mods.

A mod is causing the sub buildings to level:
This appears to be fixed.

Sub-buildings can become abandoned, and won't repopulate:
Fixed. Buildings can't become abandoned.

Null Referance error OnSave:
If your having this issue, try to delete all RICO plops, then save and reload.

Residential tab gets drawn on all unique building assets:
Fixed.

Building tooltips don't load on custom RICO panel:
Fixed.

Mod panel is hiding/disabling Sharp Junctions Mod panel:
Will need to look into this

Office, Industrial, Commerical leveling is broken, info panel display is wrong
Leveling removed.

Null ref error on scene load without Unlock All active.
Fixed.
Last edited by AJ3D; 20 Feb, 2016 @ 6:08pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 926 comments
david.thanh 4 Jan, 2016 @ 6:40pm 
Just started getting this error today on SAVE GAME:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]

Details:
No details
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Building.set_Info (.BuildingInfo value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PloppableRICO.save.OnSaveData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SerializableDataWrapper.OnSaveData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager+Data.Serialize (ColossalFramework.IO.DataSerializer s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ColossalFramework.IO.DataSerializer.Serialize (System.IO.Stream stream, Mode mode, UInt32 version, IDataContainer data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at LoadingManager+<SaveSimulationData>c__Iterator61.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
AJ3D  [developer] 4 Jan, 2016 @ 7:16pm 
Ok, I'm looking into it.

What assets are you subscribed too? All three?

I was getting this error with the Stuyvesant Town assets, but I thought I had fixed it. ;(

Did you subscribe to the asset, and then un sub?

Does this error occur on the first save attempt? or the second?

Thanks for taking time to test things.
Last edited by AJ3D; 4 Jan, 2016 @ 7:27pm
david.thanh 4 Jan, 2016 @ 7:29pm 
I have all three assets. The issue started when I subscribed to Stuyvesant (awesome asset btw). Did not unsubscribe. Love the ploppable residential. Perfect worker housing blocks around my forestry!
AJ3D  [developer] 4 Jan, 2016 @ 8:17pm 
Was this the only time this has happened?

Is your city at or near the building limit?

I may have made a dumb error that could cause things to crash every few hundred save attempts. Its a quick fix, and I hope this solves it.

The mod doesnt write anything to the save file, but it needs to run code when you save your city.
Last edited by AJ3D; 4 Jan, 2016 @ 8:20pm
david.thanh 4 Jan, 2016 @ 8:23pm 
When I disabled RICO the error didn't come up. When I re-enabled RICO it produced the same error. City is at 275,000 people and 23 tiles big.
AJ3D  [developer] 4 Jan, 2016 @ 8:40pm 
Ok, I've updated the mod with a potential fix. Reload your game, turn the mod on, and reload your city.

If you get a referance error on scene load, try pausing the game and deleting the plops. Ill reimburse you for the extra cost. ;)

crosses fingers that it should work
Last edited by AJ3D; 4 Jan, 2016 @ 9:22pm
david.thanh 5 Jan, 2016 @ 9:31am 
Same issue on save game. I unsubscribed to RICO and redownloaded/ subscrived on steam and restarted the machine just to be safe.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]

Details:
No details
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SimulationManager+Data.Serialize (ColossalFramework.IO.DataSerializer s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ColossalFramework.IO.DataSerializer.Serialize (System.IO.Stream stream, Mode mode, UInt32 version, IDataContainer data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at LoadingManager+<SaveSimulationData>c__Iterator61.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Originally posted by david.thanh:
Just started getting this error today on SAVE GAME:

Details:
No details
AJ3D  [developer] 5 Jan, 2016 @ 4:28pm 
Ok, I've taken another look at things, and there are a few other small issues. I've added some checks and debug output lines. I haven't been able to reproduce the error, but I can see in the code where things could go wrong. It might be a mod that is causing this.

Are you still having issues with the sub buildings being replaced with vanilla assets? That may have somthing to do with this.

Can you provide a list of the mods you use that change building behaviour? like level up control, themes mod, hardness mods...ect? Or maybe a screen grab of your content manager showing active mods?
david.thanh 5 Jan, 2016 @ 7:17pm 
Hey AJ Thanks for working on this with me!

Don't seem to have the issue with sub buildings being replaced anymore.

I don't think I have any level up control mods. I did have theme mods including "American Trailer Homes" but disabled it during the latest test.
Other mods I have activated:
-Unlimited $
-Unlock all
-Auto Buldoze
-25 spaces with the right price
-Larger footprints
-Multi Track Station
-Auto Line Color
-Traffic++
-Improved Public Transport
-Extra Train Station Tracks
-Sub Buildings Enabler
-No Pillars
-Fine Road Heights
-Network skins
-Road Anarchy
-Demand Master
-Network Extensions
-Traffic Manager Plus
-Skylines Overwatch
-Enhanced Garbage and Herse AI
AJ3D  [developer] 5 Jan, 2016 @ 7:39pm 
Thanks again for reporting things. i did do some things with the levling logic, so maybe that cured the lot replacement issue.

I'm making some fundemental improvements related to saving and loading, so things should be more robust.

I've added a bunch of checks, so if things do go wrong, it will atleast allow you to load and save the scene without crashing.

Should be up later tonight.
AJ3D  [developer] 5 Jan, 2016 @ 10:07pm 
I've totaly rewired the whole loading and saving code. It should be far more robust now. Let me know if things work ok.

Loading from main menu and loading from another scene should be ok. There are some differences between the two that I didnt account for.
david.thanh 6 Jan, 2016 @ 2:37pm 
All seems to be working fine now. Thank you!
AJ3D  [developer] 6 Jan, 2016 @ 3:24pm 
Originally posted by david.thanh:
All seems to be working fine now. Thank you!
Awesome, glad to hear things are working now. Thanks again for reporting issues. The mod is now much better due to your feedback... :)
Judazzz 7 Jan, 2016 @ 12:59pm 
Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error when saving as David.thanh did (just tried it 5 minutes ago) - I did unsub-resub before starting the game to be sure I had the latest version installed. But when I have the mod active the game simply refuses to save my city (get the same Null Reference error), and after I unsub it saves fine again. Your LaSalle Wacker and Housing Project assets are absolutely smashing as unique buildings (so just having them in my city doing nothing other than looking pretty), but it would be even more awesome if they were more than just eye-candy and actually worked as growables.
So let me know if you need any additional info.
AJ3D  [developer] 7 Jan, 2016 @ 1:39pm 
I've added another check to the saving, and it should now be skipped entirely if theres an error. Ill have to install Davids full mod list to see if I can reproduce things.

Did you try to save from a new scene, or an older save that had RICO plops? You may need to delete the old plops, and re plop like david had too. ;(

Is your mod list similar to Davids?

Thanks for reporting issues.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 926 comments
Per page: 1530 50