Dota 2
Goodkind - Courier
Bossmang 20 Dec, 2015 @ 8:03am
Isn't Goodkind a girl?
I heard something about it, but on this model she looks like a dude?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Kimat 20 Dec, 2015 @ 3:16pm 
it`s a boy
RisingTide 20 Dec, 2015 @ 6:31pm 
artist who did the comic i think said Goodkind is a girl
Innecto²³°°  [developer] 21 Dec, 2015 @ 1:17am 
Hi there, I'll try to find out more about the matter of Goodkind being a girl or a boy.

The comic is a bit tough to read, because Goodkind looks different in almost every pannel.

In the cover picture of the comic Goodkind looks feminin/girly, but in the following pages he looks mostly male. Sometimes he has prominent "girly" lips and in otheres he has no lips. But his body and the way it is drawn does not speak "female" to me but thin, young male elf since he is a scribe, not a warrior -pretty much like Arthur (Wart) from the Disney movie "The Sword in the Stone" from 1963.

but i'll look into it ;-)
Bossmang 21 Dec, 2015 @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by Innecto23°°:
Hi there, I'll try to find out more about the matter of Goodkind being a girl or a boy.

The comic is a bit tough to read, because Goodkind looks different in almost every pannel.

In the cover picture of the comic Goodkind looks feminin/girly, but in the following pages he looks mostly male. Sometimes he has prominent "girly" lips and in otheres he has no lips. But his body and the way it is drawn does not speak "female" to me but thin, young male elf since he is a scribe, not a warrior -pretty much like Arthur (Wart) from the Disney movie "The Sword in the Stone" from 1963.

but i'll look into it ;-)
Good to hear. To be honest, I was thinking that Goodkind is a boy, too. But then I saw a comment somewhere (Reddit, or Community hub - I don't remember) proving that Goodkind is a girl. So it's really complicated about this character.
Bossmang 21 Dec, 2015 @ 12:47pm 
Originally posted by Tem Tress:
https://twitter.com/TheDanidem/status/670349212417150976

Does this help?
That's the one! Awesome!
Love 21 Dec, 2015 @ 1:17pm 
Originally posted by Tem Tress:
https://twitter.com/TheDanidem/status/670349212417150976

Does this help?
But that person only did the cover art, right?
from the comic, it sounds like a pessimestic overly sassy male, but the character fits really well with the feminine face from the above link whether goodkind is truely male or female (since elves facial features beling delicate suits them way too well. Otherwise, great job on the model and animations.
VANCOUVERVENICE 22 Dec, 2015 @ 8:21am 
I personally wont upvote unless you change it to be more feminine, it looks kind of strange right now, I applaud the work you put into it though.
On another note, I think the ears are too big, they stand out much more than they did in the comics.
Felderkai 22 Dec, 2015 @ 12:05pm 
I would have to agree. I'm pretty sure goodkind is a female
Junebug 22 Dec, 2015 @ 12:28pm 
Wouldn't it be best to make the courier androgynous, Boy or girl i see goodking with the features of both, and making the coureir this way would please both camps.
Silvian_Bruno 22 Dec, 2015 @ 2:46pm 
I feel like, if Dota wanted Goodkind to have a definite, binary gender we would probably have learned it by now. Everything everyone calls Goodkind in Lost Castle is gender neutral, so honestly I feel like this design is fine the way it is.
Dky.airez 22 Dec, 2015 @ 4:47pm 
█▄░▄█░█▀▀░█▀▀▀░ █▀█
█░█░█░█▀░░█░▀█░█▀▀█
▀░▀░▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀
█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀░▀░░▀
█▀▀░█▀█░█░█▀▀
█▀░░█▀▀░█░█
▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀▀▀
░░░░░░██▄
░░░░░░█░█