XCOM 2
Long War Leader Pack
Praefator 6 Feb, 2016 @ 6:29pm
[BUG] Crash to desktop after going on a mission after leader training
[BUG] Crash to desktop after going on a mission after leader training

Repro steps:
1. Set a Magus Psi Operative to train for Leader
2. Choose 'Get Some' as the first bonus
3. Go on a mission (In my case, a Disabled UFO)

Expected results:
Being able to complete the mission

Actual results:
1. Game goes black, then crashes to desktop immediately after the Skyranger cinematic shows.
2. Game tries to re-launch on its own, then subsequently reports: The steam servers are too busy to handle your request for XCOM 2, Error code (41)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Quiet Raid 6 Feb, 2016 @ 6:55pm 
Im Having similar problems cant even play the new game anymore cause of Irresponsible developing. Weapon mods lost pcs mod lost. Other players report game saves lost. I cant even open from my load anymore. The game went from hero to zero because of a stupid mod. Anyone have fix for it yet? I dont even know if removing the mod well erase my progress and ive had a pretty good run without a leader. I need help now.
Praefator 6 Feb, 2016 @ 10:40pm 
For some reason it did not crash anymore.

Possible workarounds:
- Just went with auto-fill rather than manual squad selection
- Changed my Psi Operative leader's appearance a little bit
ShowCase 7 Feb, 2016 @ 1:29am 
Having the same problem mid game whole game long no problems now when i end an operation and go to evac i get the the game has stopped working bs-i have tried everything and i dont wanna start a new game
The_real_Diablo 8 Feb, 2016 @ 1:40pm 
Having the same problem as well. Game crashes to desktop immediately after the skyranger cinematic shows when finishing a mission. I reloaded a save before that and tried another mission. Same there. That's odd, because i was able to play ~20+ hours without any problems including using other mods.

Tried multiple workarounds as for example mentioned by DragonSupremacy:
-Auto-Fill squad
-Changed my leader's appearance a little bit
-Excluded the leader from squad
-Deleted the leader from my team

Nothing helped at all. It still crashes.

I also unsubscribed the mod. There comes another error message. Then I resubscribed the mod. But it still keeps crashing.
According to lots of post in the forum this mod causes a mayor game crashing bug.

This mod needs to be fixed !

I will try to do a new game, to see if this bug also affects new created games.
Last edited by The_real_Diablo; 8 Feb, 2016 @ 1:41pm
Advil 9 Feb, 2016 @ 1:58pm 
To everyone having the Crash to Desktop upon completing a mission issue:
All hope is not lost for your save. You can simply Unsubscribe or disable the Leader Pack mod, and then go grab the "Ignore Missing Content DLC" mod from the workshop and use its "Load Anyway" feature to bypass the missing required files error (caused by removing the faulty Leader Pack mod).

I was able to rescue my 25 hour save that was rendered unplayable by this issue. Hopefully this helps someone, and hopefully Long War Studios are able to track down and fix this bug themselves.
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 9 Feb, 2016 @ 4:39pm 
If someone can supply a save game with a 100% reproducible CTD and the exact steps to reproduce it, we'll take a look at it. Either PM johnnylump on the Nexus or on LongWarStudios.com, or post here. Thanks.
soydrakko 9 Feb, 2016 @ 5:20pm 
ExampleVoicePack this need to work the addon and fix all .
sunny 11 Feb, 2016 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by Long War Studios:
If someone can supply a save game with a 100% reproducible CTD and the exact steps to reproduce it, we'll take a look at it. Either PM johnnylump on the Nexus or on LongWarStudios.com, or post here. Thanks.

Savegame: http://puu.sh/n4fF7/0e92ae1c03.rar

mods used:
· Capnbubs Accessories Pack
· Leader Pack
· Muton Centurion Alien Pack

Just press Evac on the last soldier sitting on the Evac point, finish mission and you will get the crash.

Everything worked flawlessly so far, until now. My first mission that included a Psyker in my Squad, leader was someone else.

Removed the mod with the "Ignore Missing Mods" Mod for now and everything works again, so it can be rather safely assumed that it was in fact the Leader mod causing this problem.
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 11 Feb, 2016 @ 1:53pm 
Thanks, we're investigating.
TwisT 12 Feb, 2016 @ 9:28am 
Having the same issue.

I installed the Leader Mod when it was released and everything worked fine until I trained my first leader.

I started a mission with my leader already trained and game crashes when I try to evacuate all soldiers. I tried to reload a previous save to skip that mission but game keeps crashing at the end of every mission, no matter the type of mission.

I have 30+hours and I don´t want to start a new game...

Please, try to fix this.

Thanks.
sunny 12 Feb, 2016 @ 2:48pm 
Originally posted by TwisT:
Having the same issue.
I have 30+hours and I don´t want to start a new game...

Just use http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619141883
· Disable the Leader mod
· load the save
· remove the leader mod from the save
Just make sure you have no leader "in Training" else they will get stuck there forever.

You're welcome.
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 14 Feb, 2016 @ 7:30am 
Update: This appears to be tied to some unexpected behavior from the base game. Firaxis has been made aware for future patches.

What's occurring is the unit the leader abilities are attached to is getting destroyed somehow (which shouldn't ever happen, even if the unit is killed, as data is saved for the memorial wall). Unfortunately whatever went wrong happened before the savegame we have can trace. Can anyone who has encountered this issue describe any weirdness in their campaign (including weirdness you might have induced deliberately) ?
sunny 15 Feb, 2016 @ 12:28am 
I cannot report any other weirdness or strange behaviour regarding the mod at all. Except for the crash at the end of the mission.
Else there was nothing out of norm happening for me. Leader training went smoothly, with all notices and all time stuff. Skills just worked just fine in the missions.

My leader never died. For me it worked flawlessly until I got my first Psionic Soldier, however it could also be that that was just coincidence for the game breaking at exactly that point. But no matter how often I re-loaded pre-mission and went on different ones, they would always crash from now on.

I had another Captain in the Leader training around that time.

On a side note, a minor suggestion. The one Leader ability, to mark an enemy target, kinda does not blend in into the game very vanilla like.
Since you give the enemy a green buff like ability, while negative debuff stuff done to and by the enemy is always red. Some particle effect on the target would be nice too, e.g. maybe something like the red-holo target marker [Mark] Advent Officers use on you, if that is possible.
Last edited by sunny; 15 Feb, 2016 @ 12:32am
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 16 Feb, 2016 @ 5:06pm 
Hm, might be psi-related. Are those of you getting this heavy caps-lock users to speed up the game?
Youmuu 17 Feb, 2016 @ 4:01pm 
If I may shed some light on this, I had this mod installed but completely forgot about it in game. Meaning that I have not upgraded my GTS to train leaders nor utilized this mod in some way yet (Or not that I'm aware of) and I still had this same crash as other players here did. When I disabled this mod, things ran smoothly and I was able to progress with the rest of the campaign (Until I decided to add more mods and it happened again and I'm trying to figure out which of my other mods are also doing this)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50