XCOM 2
Long War Leader Pack
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 29 Aug, 2016 @ 8:57pm
Slowdowns with 8/29 Leaderpack update
So we're seeing reports that the LeaderPack update is associated with some players getting low fps in strategy and tactical. We're not sure what's causing it, so I'm starting this thread where people can report things like what troubleshooting steps they have taken and what mods they are running. Also, does it occur on new campaigns, or only existing ones? This will help us us to track down if it's a conflict with another mod.

Finally, if you are getting this error, we'd appreciate it if you found your launch.log, typically here:
\Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs

and emailed it to johnnylump(at)longwarstudios.com. Thanks!
Last edited by Pavonis Interactive; 30 Aug, 2016 @ 6:14am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 30 Aug, 2016 @ 1:54pm 
Update: We think we tracked it down to an inadvertent conflict with Toolbox. We're working on a fix.
Sunesha 31 Aug, 2016 @ 1:23am 
I got geomap lag with the latest leader pack in combination with the tool box. If deactivate the leader pack or tool box the lag disappear. This was not present in the older version(29th August update ). I'm using a alternative mod launcher, it reports a mod conflict. It showed conflicts before but as I didn't experience any issues with the long war mods, I didn't care. But alternative launcher showed different kind of conflict. I am a YouTuber as a hobby and am always keep track of my mods changes as it can impact my gaming videos.

I guess you guys found the problem. I am currently at my work but if you still need a log I can send it when I'm home
maudin88 31 Aug, 2016 @ 8:01am 
Did you guys change something on the Aug 29th update that would cause my Avenger menus navigation to lag? My setup was working fine until your updates took effect. Now I have a conflict I didn't have before between the tool box and leader pack

(Conflict found for 'UIPersonnel_SquadSelect':
Long War Leader Pack
Long War Toolbox)

Looking at the logs from the alternate mod launcher, I see lots of entries like this "ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'ItemState'
XComGameState_HeadquartersXCom Transient.XComEngine_0:XComGameStateHistory_0.XComGameState_3795.XComGam
Function XComGame.XComGameState_HeadquartersXCom:GetAllWeaponUpgradesInInventory:00C6"

Moving in and out of menus now is painful to say the least.

After removing leader pack, navigating avenger menus back to normal.
maudin88 31 Aug, 2016 @ 8:29am 
This is happening in an ongoing campaign for me. Lag happens on Avenger, strategic map and tacitcal map.
Last edited by maudin88; 31 Aug, 2016 @ 8:50am
commander cool 31 Aug, 2016 @ 11:36am 
yes your right, it has something to do with the toolbox. Only one can be active otherwise it lags the geoscope
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 31 Aug, 2016 @ 11:53am 
I think we've got a fix, just testing it today
Sunesha 31 Aug, 2016 @ 1:07pm 
Thanks for communicating with us users =)
Zigg Price 31 Aug, 2016 @ 2:18pm 
Awesome to hear the fix is coming. Top notch team and support, as always.
maudin88 31 Aug, 2016 @ 2:46pm 
I second that Anomaly of Awesome.
commander cool 31 Aug, 2016 @ 3:02pm 
Originally posted by Long War Studios:
I think we've got a fix, just testing it today
thanks long wars!
General Hawk 31 Aug, 2016 @ 5:08pm 
Thanks for the communication LWS! Same problem great you are on top of it.
Nitewolf 31 Aug, 2016 @ 5:36pm 
Originally posted by Long War Studios:
Update: We think we tracked it down to an inadvertent conflict with Toolbox. We're working on a fix.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Pavonis Interactive  [developer] 31 Aug, 2016 @ 8:12pm 
Okay, fix looks like it works. Barring us finding a problem, I'm going to release tomorrow morning (US time) so I can keep an eye on this thread during the day if anything else needs fixing. Thanks for your help and support everybody.
MadDog/LT 31 Aug, 2016 @ 8:39pm 
Looking forward to test the fix :)
Zyrrashijn 1 Sep, 2016 @ 2:35am 
Thank you guys in return for your ongoing amazing work on XCOM2.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50