Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Hover Engines
Mauvias 23 Dec, 2015 @ 12:16am
Cheat version or no Cheat version..
Seems a lot of comments about what would make a good cheat version of these. From full powerful one that could take you into orbit to ones that can hover a large ship just above the ground with little power use. SO.. what is the consensus?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Taco 25 Dec, 2015 @ 6:51am 
bro, cheat version all the way! :P
catdog13 3 Jan, 2016 @ 12:03pm 
I Cheaty way to move huge ships without having to go crazy with the thrusters would be awesome
VONMON 9 Jan, 2016 @ 7:28pm 
I'd be down for an unbalanced version.
DMATH 5 Feb, 2016 @ 12:51am 
Sometimes its good to break from reality, cheat version yess!
Folklore "Jones" 14 Feb, 2016 @ 9:49am 
at least some type of leveled system with higher cost of effective thrusters
Scanner 27 Feb, 2016 @ 8:23am 
No cheat version.
What to do? Well, think about it. The Hover Engine acts similarly to a ship thruster, and all of the normal ones (From Ion, Hydrogen, Atmospheric), all have a teir mod(s), so why not make a couple of these for the Hovers? (And, please, if you will, make a new version that is just circular, minus the bars, that'd be a great addon to weaken/and tier-mod)
BeanSlinger419 18 Sep, 2016 @ 2:51pm 
CHEATY im almost cheaty on every game I will do anything to cheat even if i lose my robloxs account just for robux but still CHEATY
XandreBlues 15 Oct, 2016 @ 3:37pm 
I was able to take a tiny ship with these from planet to space... yeah, the trip back was less successful. That was with the current version. A little more oomph would be nice. Speed mods help defy the 7000meter (atmo) limit (once you're fast enough, it doesn't really matter anymore as long as you're going up... when you return... oops not so much)
Typically, with standard atmosphere and ion thrusters, small or large ship, you can get to space easily. You really need that extra speed to carry the difference.
These engines work regardless but other thrusters are still necessary for a full sphere of use.
I say kick em up a notch. ;)
mementh 16 Oct, 2016 @ 5:48am 
why not have both options?

it is low power half or so of atmo since its more "efficient" but it can't go above say 100 meters?

a option to kick it to high gear and it uses 4-5x power to get to orbit and works in space but uses more then thruster power would up there.

or make them two diffrent systems but with those options.. that way you can have them both on the vehicle?
BeanSlinger419 16 Oct, 2016 @ 8:42am 
Originally posted by mementh:
why not have both options?

it is low power half or so of atmo since its more "efficient" but it can't go above say 100 meters?

a option to kick it to high gear and it uses 4-5x power to get to orbit and works in space but uses more then thruster power would up there.

or make them two diffrent systems but with those options.. that way you can have them both on the vehicle?
... actully this is a cool idea but for the cheated / unbalenced thruster you will need warp drive components for the cheated thruster

nibs 27 May, 2018 @ 2:22am 
Would it be possible to have a conveyor port on them? Then have upgrade modules that can be attached via the conveyor system. That means few base modules and individuals can upgrade to whatever power output they'd like by adding more upgrade modules.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50