Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Spongebob Squarepants: Squidward and the Squidwardia Civilization (BNW Only)
PHXHRC  [developer] 8 Feb, 2016 @ 2:07pm
Unique Diplomacy Error?
Attrinh1994 is having a error dealing with Squidward's Unique Diplomacy not showing up. I made this discussion for attrinh1994 to post what mods their using.

If I can't solve it, try to go to CivFanatics.[forums.civfanatics.com] They might be able to solve your problem.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
RoxyRiku94 15 Feb, 2016 @ 2:27pm 
Did you got my message I sent you on Civfanatics? I was busy in the meanwhile, so I haven't been able to check up the Unique Diplomacy Error yet. I might check it while I'm doing the Diplomacy files for my own civ, though.
PHXHRC  [developer] 15 Feb, 2016 @ 3:06pm 
@attrinh1994

I forgot to mention this, but one helpful way to check for errors is by enabling logging. Look for the config.ini file in the Sid Meier's Civilization 5 folder (Located in C:\Users\Your name\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5). Then, in that file look for ValidateGameDatabase and LoggingEnabled and change the 0 to a 1. That way, you'll be able to look for errors in the C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs.
The ones that you'll need to look at are the database.log, xml.log and the lua.log (If there's any Lua errors).

Click here for more info.[forums.civfanatics.com]
RoxyRiku94 16 Feb, 2016 @ 10:49am 
Actually, I enabled Logging already, but I haven't noticed the XML.log and Lua.log files. I did notice some errors in the Log Files, but I don't think that they relate to the UniqueDiplomacyUtilsV3.lua file:

XML.log:
[9423.755] Tag (TXT_KEY_LEADER_SAILORMOON_GREETING_HOSTILE_HUMAN_FEW_CITIES-1) contains invalid character (-)
[9423.755] Tag (TXT_KEY_LEADER_SQUIDWARD_K-ON_FIRSTGREETING_1) contains invalid character (-)

Lua.log:
[9747.270] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Huu Hanh Trinh\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\DiploList.lua:39: attempt to index field 'OuterGrid' (a nil value)
[9747.270] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Huu Hanh Trinh\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\DiploList.lua.

It's like, that the UniqueDiplomacyUtilsV3.lua file stopped working entirely. But maybe you have something that I might've missed out.
Typhlomence 16 Feb, 2016 @ 6:16pm 
Hi, I came in here since RoxyRiku94 linked to this discussion while talking about an issue with Bowser.

I just tried a game with Squidward (downloaded via Steam Workshop Downloader today) as the AI, playing as Montezuma, to see if I got the unique greeting, and I did. So Squidward_UniqueDiplomacy.lua and UniqueDiplomacyUtilsV3.lua should be working.

Like PHXHRC says, though, a mod list would be useful too, to see if there's any conflict. While I did go out of my way to rename UniqueDiplomacyUtilsV3.lua (I was the maker of that Lua utility script) each time I released a new version so that it shouldn't conflict with mods with older version's, Firaxis' implementation of "include()" is odd, so it may be getting overwritten by an older version if Attrinh1994 is using a mod that has one. Either that or someone might have modified UniqueDiplomacyUtilsV3.lua in their mod and it's causing Squidward to break.
RoxyRiku94 5 Mar, 2016 @ 1:31pm 
Sorry to bring this up again, but it seems that despite disabling all other mods than your Spongebob Civs, the Unique Diplomacy's still not working. I'm not sure if this is related to your bug, but I noticed that some of your Spongebob Civs use an older UniqueDiplomacyUtils.lua version (V2 to be sure, while the newest version Spongebob uses is V3). I've also reinstalled the Civ V version and the error still persists X(
PHXHRC  [developer] 5 Mar, 2016 @ 3:21pm 
Strange... I wish I knew how to fix it...
RoxyRiku94 5 Mar, 2016 @ 10:30pm 
I wish I also knew how to fix it... Then again, Vice Virtuoso's Neptunia civs seem to work fine (at least the Main Goddesses, will pick up Plutia soon), but Uni's dialogue also seems weird as when I play as Noire, she doesn't recognize me at first but when I declare war on her, she does! I'm really helpless...
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50