Dota 2
The Next Generation - Hero Concepts
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
SwordBacon  [developer] 15 Oct, 2016 @ 6:23pm
Item Suggestion Thread
I'll be adding some custom items soon and would like to hear your suggestions!
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
TruMediaMix1 3 Feb, 2017 @ 2:11pm 
I've been creating ideas for stuff for a MOBA I want to make when I graduate. I'm not afraid to share any of my ideas if it'll help you, however. :)

Many of the items that'll be bought with gold in my MOBA will have many similarities and minor differences, but they are purposely designed this way so that players could play their heroes in different ways. Some of these items are even downgraded/upgraded versions of items that currently exist in Dota 2 (i.e my Solar Shield can be upgraded into Radiance). I do plan on releasing it as a Dota 2 mod first if I can.

Here are some of my items that you can use if you want:

Solar Shield - Radiance's younger brother.
*Emits an AoE that damages enemies. This can be toggled.
(Null Talisman + Stout Shield + Perseverance + Recipe)

Radiance (Modded) - Sun-based version of Shiva's Guard!
*Can be activated to release an energy blast which deals damage and Blinds and "Burns" enemies caught in the blast.
*Burnt enemies will take Magical damage over time.
*Emits an aura that reduces the Armor of nearby enemies and causes some of their attacks to miss.
(Solar Shield + Demon Edge + Hyperstone)

Lunar Shield - Now Selemene, don't get jealous!
*During nighttime, the user's Armor is improved.
*During nighttime, the duration of Disables is reduced by 1/3. This doesn't include Channeled Disables (Fiend's Grip).
(Bracer + Stout Shield + Perseverance + Recipe)

Luminance - As it should suggest, there'll be plenty more to come from the 'ance family!
*Shares the capabilities of the Lunar Shield.
*During nighttime, the user's Spell Resistance is increased by a flat 10%.
*Can be activated to release an energy blast that exposes all invisible objects or enemies (I.e Wards and Riki mains). It's sorta like Dust, but the cooldown is longer and can't Slow exposed enemies.

I hope you like these ideas! I hope I'll be able to make my mod one day. :)
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50