Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Bat Owl Player Model
TeoTeoTeo 3 Aug, 2015 @ 8:52pm
How do you make these models?
i'm really curious, i want to make my gta online character in gmod, i want to know how i can make mine, the porting rigging etc and if anyone else knows how to make something like this please tell me thanks :D i'm tired of using the hl2 citizens :P
Last edited by TeoTeoTeo; 14 Mar, 2016 @ 8:38pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
Super Chief  [developer] 4 Aug, 2015 @ 3:10pm 
Originally posted by TeoTeoTeo:
i'm really curious, i want to make my gta online character in gmod, i don't want to ask you to make it because why would you? right? i want to know how i can make mine, the porting rigging etc, to use in gmod and feel proud that i made it myself, and if anyone else knows how to make something like this please tell me thanks :D i'm tired of using the hl2 citizens :P
I use tool called openIV, i can export texture's and model's from GTA V pc version. For rigging i use blender 3D program.
TeoTeoTeo 4 Aug, 2015 @ 8:50pm 
Originally posted by Super Chief:
i'm really curious, i want to make my gta online character in gmod, i don't want to ask you to make it because why would you? right? i want to know how i can make mine, the porting rigging etc, to use in gmod and feel proud that i made it myself, and if anyone else knows how to make something like this please tell me thanks :D i'm tired of using the hl2 citizens :P
I use tool called openIV, i can export texture's and model's from GTA V pc version. For rigging i use blender 3D program.
ok that makes sense thanks for replying quickly :D but... what did you do before GTA V PC since i don't have Open IV for GTAV did you make models by scratch? or did you get the files from Console GTAV with a USB?
Last edited by TeoTeoTeo; 4 Aug, 2015 @ 8:51pm
Super Chief  [developer] 5 Aug, 2015 @ 3:37am 
ok that makes sense thanks for replying quickly :D but... what did you do before GTA V PC since i don't have Open IV for GTAV did you make models by scratch? or did you get the files from Console GTAV with a USB?
Actually they were ported to GTA SA, by someone. Then i ported the models from there to gmod.
TeoTeoTeo 5 Aug, 2015 @ 11:42am 
Actually they were ported to GTA SA, by someone. Then i ported the models from there to gmod.
ok, i can just get them from GTAV PS3/4 i'll figure out the rest, thanks :)
Last edited by TeoTeoTeo; 8 Aug, 2015 @ 10:26am
TeoTeoTeo 14 Aug, 2015 @ 3:35pm 
well can't find GTA Online character models clothings or anything anywhere! and since i don't have GTAV on pc it's impossible to get the models my self so i don't think i'll get my gta character in gmod anytime soon thanks anyways :steamhappy:
Spike 14 Aug, 2015 @ 8:35pm 

How do you export the models from GTA V? I have the PC version, I just don't know how to export the model files,but I do know how to export the textures, can you make a tutorial for it? Like .YDD to .MDL, and .YTD to .VMT
TeoTeoTeo 14 Aug, 2015 @ 8:54pm 
Originally posted by spike10164:

How do you export the models from GTA V? I have the PC version, I just don't know how to export the model files,but I do know how to export the textures, can you make a tutorial for it? Like .YDD to .MDL, and .YTD to .VMT
Super Chief mentions he uses openiv a program to see and mod models in R* games so if you get open iv you can take the models from gtav and use the model with the blender 3d program to rig them, but since i don't have gtav for pc i can't, hope this helps :P
Spike 15 Aug, 2015 @ 11:44am 
I know he uses OpenIV, but .YDD doesn't work in Blender? It's like trying to open a .MDL in Paint.NET, it just doesn't work.
TeoTeoTeo 18 Aug, 2015 @ 10:01pm 
I know he uses OpenIV, but .YDD doesn't work in Blender? It's like trying to open a .MDL in Paint.NET, it just doesn't work.
you could convert it with any converter on the internet if it's possible
Spike 18 Aug, 2015 @ 10:25pm 
Whenever I search it comes up with something else thats not .YDD
TeoTeoTeo 18 Aug, 2015 @ 10:48pm 
Whenever I search it comes up with something else thats not .YDD
hmm try to message super chief about it because he might not be subbed to this discussion anymore :/
Spike 19 Aug, 2015 @ 3:33pm 
I can't send him any messages, he said don't friend me if I don't know you (it says on his profile) and I need to message him but I need to friend him.
TeoTeoTeo 19 Aug, 2015 @ 4:15pm 
I can't send him any messages, he said don't friend me if I don't know you (it says on his profile) and I need to message him but I need to friend him.
guess we're at an impass... this sucks :\
Justin Onmark 31 Aug, 2015 @ 5:02pm 
yo does anyone know where to find your gta 5 online texture, and models in open IV
Spike 4 Sep, 2015 @ 3:41pm 
Originally posted by Raidboss:
yo does anyone know where to find your gta 5 online texture, and models in open IV
x64v.rpf/models/cdimages/streampeds_mp.rpf and then you do either mp_m_freemode_01 (Male online character) or mp_f_freemode_01 (Female online character)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 79 comments
Per page: 1530 50