Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

[INCOMPATIBLE] Network Extensions Project (Newest Version in the Description)
Katalyst6  [developer] 24 Jul, 2015 @ 10:19am
Teaming
Send me a message here, if you want to participate
Last edited by Katalyst6; 26 Jul, 2015 @ 10:33am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Number One 26 Jul, 2015 @ 5:57pm 
Awesome mod idea, btw. The alley road is a nice addition, but they shouldn't be zonable imo because they cut through a block of buildings. What I meant is like a normal small road but with paved brown and/or grey bricks texture. I would be two-way but without stripes in the middle and has a little slower speed limit. If you like my idea I could make a texture template for the bricks if you like. I would only need to know the pixel size and format. I don't know how to mod it in the game. These roads are common in suburban and rural areas in my country, Netherlands.
Number One 26 Jul, 2015 @ 6:01pm 
Here's an example of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/SqsYexo.jpg (minus the sand)
Last edited by Number One; 26 Jul, 2015 @ 6:01pm
Katalyst6  [developer] 26 Jul, 2015 @ 7:57pm 
I like your ideas of "Not zoneable", without stripes and slower limits, I'll put in on the Specs sheet!
I'll try doing one zonable and another one not zoneable.
Although, about the brick texture, I am not sure to go that way. The reason is really simple since I want to release new functionnalities before, and then, add textures via configuration.

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciated!.
Number One 27 Jul, 2015 @ 1:17am 
Okay, you're welcome. Send me a message if you need custom textures if you don't have any. I'm good with Photoshop.
sniggledigit  [developer] 27 Jul, 2015 @ 10:47am 
Ok got your message. Please tell me of the tricks of the trade. I have 3dsmax and photoshop. I am also a web developer by trade.
Katalyst6  [developer] 27 Jul, 2015 @ 12:38pm 
Ok, the next target will be the RHW.
I'll need an iconset and a lot of road textures, I'll make the templates tonight, you will just have to fill them in with your imagination.

Make sure you have a github account if you want to chip in, I'll add you as a contributor.
sniggledigit  [developer] 27 Jul, 2015 @ 8:01pm 
I am andreharv on github.
geecko 28 Jul, 2015 @ 3:48am 
I'm in for new roads, signs... anything that could be modeled. Any info on how road stubs work in the game? Things like how long one default segment should be, how it deforms/curves and so on. That'll help me understand how to make new road meshes.
Katalyst6  [developer] 28 Jul, 2015 @ 4:40am 
@Lazarus*Man I have added you as a collaborator, now we are working on the 2LHighway (RWH).
The ground asphalt texture is currently been worked on, we need help on icons and really soon (tonight) all the other texture (bridge, tunnel).
If you have anything on mind, let me know.

If we have enought throughput, we will be able to start the AlleyRoad really soon.

@what_if / @Lazarus*Man BloodyPenguin seems to be working on something that might help us extracting the current game meshes, that will provide us the exact size of the meshes, so I'm waiting for that right now.
geecko 28 Jul, 2015 @ 4:59am 
Ok cool, I got some road textures to share. I'll send you a .zip file on Github.
sniggledigit  [developer] 28 Jul, 2015 @ 5:52am 
That's great. Dimensions were my next question. I will take a look at what you guys have when I get home from work. Thanks
Katalyst6  [developer] 28 Jul, 2015 @ 6:12am 
@whatif_85 I am eager to see what you have!
Also, create yourself a 'Working Directory' (WD) like Alphawaffle did, it is going to be easy to find stuff afterward! =)
sniggledigit  [developer] 28 Jul, 2015 @ 7:16pm 
Ok added first attempt at an icon it is in Shared/Textures/Highway2L/rhw_2ln_icon_normal.png

I wanted to see what you think before I make the other variations (highlighted, grayed out, etc)
Katalyst6  [developer] 28 Jul, 2015 @ 7:35pm 
Holly geez, good job! =))
Should we put the Network Extensions icon under every new road? I think it's a great idea, but if so, you will have to touch up the 6L Highway...
sniggledigit  [developer] 28 Jul, 2015 @ 7:43pm 
Let me see if it is feasible and I will get back with you soon. Also, area all of these icons going under the highway tab? Or are we going to have a new tab like the German Road mod?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50