Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Boreal Bay
MrMiyagi 26 Jun, 2015 @ 8:25am
Question about mod
Hey, I started a discussion so that I don't clog up your comments section. I read through the comments on the terrain color change mod. I'm a bit confused as to what the right way to go is, after reading others' comments.
1. Can you tell me how your experience with the mod was? Was it easy and issue-free?
2, Should I save all the original terrain colors just in case it messes things up?
3, Do I need to put in all the different colors into that mod's folder, or will just putting in your snow as sand_terrain work?

Thanks so much for helping me out, and again this is a gorgeous map!
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Oleksandr  [developer] 26 Jun, 2015 @ 9:38pm 
Hey no problem, I'm happy to help!

1. My experience was pretty straightforward. The only texture I edited to make this map work was the default sand texture. The only issues I've run into so far is that you may have to create the Mods\TerrainTextureReplacer folder yourself. Additionally, I just found out steam added some funky black bars to the texture image, so I've rehosted the texture on imgur and edited the instructions to reflect that.

2. You don't need to. If you want to restore the original textures, just delete the sand_texture.png file in your Mods\TerrainTextureReplacer folder, or rename it to something else.

3. You only need the sand_texture.png file. Any missing texture will just use the default textures you're used to.
MrMiyagi 27 Jun, 2015 @ 2:38am 
Awesome!! Thank you so much for your advice and help! If I use the snow on a new map, definitely going to mention your map here - great work, again. I've been waiting to make Mount Fuji ;)
Last edited by MrMiyagi; 27 Jun, 2015 @ 2:41am
Soviet Sanvich 2 Jul, 2015 @ 10:27pm 
I can't seem to find the appdata folder, I can only get to "C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE", after that there is no appdata folder.

I can access "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities_Skylines" though.

MrMiyagi 3 Jul, 2015 @ 10:12am 
Ah, "Appdata" is a hidden folder, Soviet Sanvich. Right click when inside that folder ("your name"), and select "show hidden folders". That should do it
Soviet Sanvich 3 Jul, 2015 @ 5:07pm 
Ok, thank you for that!
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50