The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Shadow Scale Set
Sebastian  [developer] 28 Apr, 2015 @ 4:56pm
About Updates
As I have written, this version will not be updated. I personally decided to not do Skyrim mods after "communication" with the Skyrim community. But perhaps the mod will be updated by other modders - with whom we did this. And it will be loaded no longer by me. But maybe I'll participate in what some minor improvements.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
BTTrinity 28 Apr, 2015 @ 5:36pm 
Well keep us posted on updated versions please. Id prefer you and your team to finish the mod yourselves.. Its a very creative look, by far my favorite rogue look since ive started playing ES series back in 06 and it would be a shame for you to give up on it. I dont know how you would leave something like this behind and let someone else take the credit for your work.
Last edited by BTTrinity; 28 Apr, 2015 @ 5:37pm
Locan 28 Apr, 2015 @ 5:50pm 
Love the set. It would be a shame if it wasn't updated.
Nefnoj 28 Apr, 2015 @ 6:21pm 
It's a shame that Valve's experiment didn't work out the way anyone hoped and that you were caught in the cross-fire. I can't wait to see what the other modders come up with!
Noodle 28 Apr, 2015 @ 7:33pm 
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with the Skyrim modding community. The Steam fiasco wasn't good for anyone. The armor set you made is one of the best I've seen though, so I wish you would consider coming back to the modding community. The Nexus is a much more supportive community, and I think many people would be willing to make donations for your work there.
Ubiquity 28 Apr, 2015 @ 7:34pm 
although im not a fan of paying for mods in general in, I totally thought about buy this set. sad to see your creative efforts not being used in skyrim do to those "communications".
Damian Sicarius 28 Apr, 2015 @ 9:03pm 
I would be happy to donate if and when the button is put in place I had planned to buy this when the small quest for the armor was finished.
Internet Explorer 28 Apr, 2015 @ 11:28pm 
really sad about this ordeal that Valve has made. it could've really helped you modders out there if it wasn't for it being poorly handled and rushed.

they should really have asked the community beforehand as anything drastic will scare anyone. EA also did not help with all the "extra" content must be bought.

it really is a shame. if only ALL mods required to be "bought" but the buyer will set a price from $0.00 to whatever they wish to put in.
Che 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:32am 
Originally posted by zstan:
You could have just said "i'm not longer getting 25% cut for creating this mod, and am abandoning it, peace nerds"

you are truly a 1 of a kind faglord
Yeah, right, and they didn't waste lots of time developing the mod (and learning before) and never got such "constructive" and simply "fair" feedback containing shi*storms of petty insults like yours. That's the "communication" he was talking about. They worked hard to provide a quality content and it's their right to charge for their work, but hypocritical "modding community" of not even moders, but consumers doing nothing started self-righteous crusade. Of course he doesn't want to continue, when people just complain and b*tch about. And after such treatment they still reuploaded the mod. Drop your benevolent facade.
Last edited by Che; 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:35am
Notshauna 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:42am 
I didn't and still don't agree with paid mods, too many variables to make a effective business plan off of them, but anger at those who tried to sell their mods is utterly uncalled for. Trying to make money of your work isn't being greedy, it's honestly surprising so few modders tried to start selling mods. It will blow over, the anger towards the modders is more or less childish kicking and screaming give it a week and no one will care that you tried to sell this mod. I can't imagine the harassment you or the other modders recieved over this but, I hope it'll stop in time, and so will the frustration over it. Good luck in all future projects and if you choose to return to this mod, I for one, will not be anything but pleased.
boy 29 Apr, 2015 @ 4:35am 
Originally posted by ChebuRat0r:
You could have just said "i'm not longer getting 25% cut for creating this mod, and am abandoning it, peace nerds"

you are truly a 1 of a kind faglord
Yeah, right, and they didn't waste lots of time developing the mod (and learning before) and never got such "constructive" and simply "fair" feedback containing shi*storms of petty insults like yours. That's the "communication" he was talking about. They worked hard to provide a quality content and it's their right to charge for their work, but hypocritical "modding community" of not even moders, but consumers doing nothing started self-righteous crusade. Of course he doesn't want to continue, when people just complain and b*tch about. And after such treatment they still reuploaded the mod. Drop your benevolent facade.

i retract my original statement
there are other faglords
many, many more faglords
Che 29 Apr, 2015 @ 5:24am 

there are other faglords
many, many more faglords
Uuhuhuhu, i see you're a real charmer and also have a pretty f*cked up notion of a fair play. Ok, buddy, whatever your bending-rules arrogant ass says ;) .
BTTrinity 29 Apr, 2015 @ 5:37am 

there are other faglords
many, many more faglords

The guy who has two bans for cheating in a VAC Secured server is calling everyone else faglords? Speak for yourself if you're not already, people like you are the reason this mod isnt getting finished, and as someone who had nothing to do with the creation of the mod you should learn your place before talking like you know someone elses.
BTTrinity 29 Apr, 2015 @ 9:46am 

Originally posted by Trinity:

The guy who has two bans for cheating in a VAC Secured server is calling everyone else faglords? Speak for yourself if you're not already, people like you are the reason this mod isnt getting finished, and as someone who had nothing to do with the creation of the mod you should learn your place before talking like you know someone elses.

People like the person that made this mod are the reason it's not getting finished.
What do I have to do with any of it?

also your a faglord
faglord

Lol funny guy you are,

If you dont know what I meant by my previous quote then ill let you sit and figure it out. So please have fun with the WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN a DLC quality mod, sucks that people like you had to come and complain about him wanting to make money for the hard work he was gonna put into the armor some of us paid for.
Last edited by BTTrinity; 29 Apr, 2015 @ 9:47am
Upierczi 29 Apr, 2015 @ 12:05pm 
How much money did you lose by the removal of the paid mod system on Steam? I remember that you mentioned of inviting artists.

Originally posted by Sebastian:
As I have written, this version will not be updated. I personally decided to not do Skyrim mods after "communication" with the Skyrim community. But perhaps the mod will be updated by other modders - with whom we did this. And it will be loaded no longer by me. But maybe I'll participate in what some minor improvements.
Nomad_One 29 Apr, 2015 @ 12:39pm 
I'm sorry this paid mod thing didn't work out or last. I was really willing to give my support to this mod. If Steam implements a donate button of some sort, I am willing to donate and support this mod in the future. Right now, I just want to thank you for still posting this. Even that alone is gift.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Per page: 1530 50