The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Protest sign:No paying for mods
Moist Palms 25 Apr, 2015 @ 4:14am
VALVE MUST STOP PAID MODS OR MODDING WILL DIE THIS IS WHAT I FEARED WOULD HAPPEN (im not kidding i really did) #FREETHEWORKSHOP
WE MUST STOP VALVE THEY ARE CHARGING US FOR MODS THEY ARE DEPRIVING US OF WHAT MAKES PC GAMING SO GREAT VALVE ARE MY FAVOURITE GAMING COMPANY THEY DENIED EA THEY STOOD STRONG AND MADE+SOLD GREAT GAMES BUT NOW THEY ARE BECOMING EA THEY ARE LITERALY STEALING THE MONEY FROM OUR WALLETS WE MUST STOP THEM BEFORE THEY START CHARGING US FOR GMOD OR L4D2 MODS VALVE MIGHT EVEN STOP NEXUS WORKING WITH SKYRIM AND KILL THE MODDING COMMUNITY FOR EVER NOT ONLY ARE VALVE BECOMING GREEDY THEY ARE MAKING PEOPLE GREEDY SOON PEOPLE WILL START CHURNING OUT MODS THAT SAY THEY ARE GREAT BUT ARE CRAP AND WILL COST INSANE AMMOUNTS OF MONEY WE MUST SAVE THE FREE MODS AND MAKE MORE OF THEM BEFORE PEOPLE START CHARGING FOR EVERY MOD THEY MAKE THE FREE MODS MUST LIVE ON POST COPY AND PAST THIS TO THE STEAM WORKSHOP WE MUST STOP THE GREEDY VALVE EMPLOYEES #FREETHEWORKSHOP
< >
Showing 1-15 of 219 comments
Moist Palms 25 Apr, 2015 @ 4:32am 
LOL THATS TRUE

Kefleon 25 Apr, 2015 @ 4:33am 
Well, looks like i'll be sticking to Nexus. At least Falskaar is free
Morifan 25 Apr, 2015 @ 4:38am 
░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army to fight the war against Paid Mods.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ...\☻/︻╦╤─ Copy and paste him all over the work shop so he
Il███████████████████].▌ Defeat Greedy Valve Employees!!!
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... / \
Last edited by Morifan; 25 Apr, 2015 @ 4:38am
Blou 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:09am 
Ah freakin men
Claude Augustine 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:12am 
as if valve didn't get enough money as it is, now they have to get more? why?
mods should be free, otherwise what is the point in it?
ShavedAlpaca 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:13am 
A compromise would be a donate button whilst keeping the mods free.

Like the Pay What You Want option currently in place excpet you actually can pay what you want, not some predetermined bollocks.
I have always been a firm believer that a modder should have a donate button where you could thank him/her as you see fit. If the guy who made ingots weigh zero has made your skyrim experience so much better that you want to give him 20 €, you should be able to do it, if you think 1€ is reasonable, give him that. Mods have always been created because of passion, but that doesnt mean you should be rewarded for your work.
Give the people the option to pay what they want, if the mod is good enough it will make you serious money, if your mod isnt good, it wont, even if you think those 2 months worth of work should get you 1000€...
Freedom of choice should prevail. And if you are making mods specificaly for monetary gain they arent mods anymore, but unofficial DLC with dodgy uncoordinated support in case of an official patch (this applies to more recent games that might be struck with this Zero effort DLC Valve moneymaker hammer)
Phoenix 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:14am 
wait is valve getting the money for the mods if so they hella shouldnt the money should either go to THE MODDERS or not exist at all, valve SHOULD NOT make money off of other peoples hard work and devotion to the modding community
Phoenix 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:15am 
it seems like the steam modding community is about to die
NotGodlike 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:16am 
The modding community dies because of valve's greedynes! Same thing already happened with tf2 and other games by Valve. Im also fearing that in the future all of the steam workshop mods will be paid. Same thing might happen with gmod, portal 2...
Phoenix 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:18am 
but skyrim isnt a valve game it belongs to bethesda and the mods belong to the community not gabe and his army of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
NotGodlike 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:24am 
I think they made a deal with Bethesda (im not really 100% sure). Now they allowed modders to make and publish paid mods so that they could get some money. They might do the same thing for other games, but we'll never know.
Den Mart 25 Apr, 2015 @ 5:45am 
pay for this, pay for that, ♥♥♥♥ this ♥♥♥♥... im getting rid of all my mods and im not going to buy any new game on this ♥♥♥♥♥♥ greedy system until they take this modding paying scheme out .
Steel dog 25 Apr, 2015 @ 6:19am 
░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army to fight the war against Paid Mods.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ...\☻/︻╦╤─ Copy and paste him all over the work shop so he
Il███████████████████].▌ Defeat Greedy Valve Employees!!!
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... / \
HunterKiller 25 Apr, 2015 @ 6:45am 
Originally posted by phoenixstorm9:
but skyrim isnt a valve game it belongs to bethesda and the mods belong to the community not gabe and his army of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Last edited by HunterKiller; 25 Apr, 2015 @ 6:46am
HunterKiller 25 Apr, 2015 @ 6:46am 
Originally posted by phoenixstorm9:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 219 comments
Per page: 1530 50