Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

[CW 2.0] Extra Colors
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kindred Flame  [developer] 15 Apr, 2015 @ 2:43pm
Why negativity towards Rainbow Dash on the cover?
Alot of users are complaining about having rainbow dash on the cover of the addon photo. I belive there is nothing wrong with it and so i will not remove it. I started this disccuion to prove that it is alright. Though i do not mind comments from people who disagree but please avoid offence, it is one of the reason why i started this discussion.

Thank you for reading :orb:
Last edited by Kindred Flame; 22 Dec, 2015 @ 9:02am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 334 comments
Башка 15 Apr, 2015 @ 3:42pm 
Would you mind if I added you as a friend? I understand if you don't want me to, though.
Kindred Flame  [developer] 15 Apr, 2015 @ 3:43pm 
I do not mind go ahead
Башка 15 Apr, 2015 @ 3:43pm 
Thanks alot.
Башка 15 Apr, 2015 @ 4:10pm 
Note: If I sound really flat out, it's so people can read and understand it easily.

Okay, well I might as well tell you how I got into MLP. When I was little, I found out there was a show called My Little Pony, via YouTube Videos. I thought it was stupid; of course I watched one episode to see how stuipd it was. And, what do you know? I loved it. I drew a lot of pictures after that. But eventually, I grew out of it, during the tween years. Well, now that I'm a teenager, I'm really interested in it again. I really like the show's new characters, but I still don't watch the show much anymore. I just really enjoy the community. I always expect hate, but it definitely gets annoying after constant hate. What I find most irritating is that every person that hates on something, whether it be MLP or something else, belongs to an equally large community that some would say is equally irritating. I dunno, I don't expect anything else, I mean it's the world. But, I would just like to be able to like something without so much criticism. Because, it really isn't different from liking any other show. If you look at the number and diversity of people interested in the show (even US Marines), it's probably not what it seems.
þe marker 15 Apr, 2015 @ 9:32pm 
I likes rainbow dash a a lot
Murai 15 Apr, 2015 @ 11:50pm 
it was great talking to the both of you, BernieBoss and White Snow. If ya don't mind, I'll be adding ya as a friend. I wouldn't mind talking to either of ya' again at some point! :)
Башка 16 Apr, 2015 @ 4:26am 
That sounds great.
aaaazumazku (Banned) 16 Apr, 2015 @ 3:15pm 
Its Hated On Because Its A Pony Dressed Like A Soldier. Everything Goes Wrong When You Ponify Something That Other People Like
Башка 17 Apr, 2015 @ 10:00am 
Yes, I see where your coming from. By relating something someone doesn't like with something someone does like, it can cause some irritation. But people (on both sides, of course) can think as they wish, and thus I respect your opinion and that of the others. Thanks for the input.
Guiltron 17 Apr, 2015 @ 3:07pm 
Alot of people hate MLP. I don't watch the show but i don't know why everyone complains about a pony on the thumbnail,God are those people 5-years-old that can't hold themselves just for this?

Thats the reason why they hate it (You don't need to remove it)
Башка 18 Apr, 2015 @ 2:08am 
I think, most of the time, it's just people who don't really have anything else to do, so they just decide to be hateful on whatever they find undesirable.
Murai 18 Apr, 2015 @ 4:50am 
I think it's a little more complicated than that. However that's no justification for bullying people.
Suveqn 18 Apr, 2015 @ 9:00am 
Haters is the reason, they wont provide a reason why the hate something, they dont need one.
Sometimes they hate something just because others do. (I used to hate mlp on that reason, and now i like it) Simple as: "I dont know what is that, but others hate it so it must be wrong so i should hate it too".
Башка 18 Apr, 2015 @ 1:47pm 
And I'm definitely not talking about MLP fans, I'm talking about hating all around. I study lots of different things (it's what I do most of the time), and upon doing some research on mental comprehension, the sensation to hate goes along with that to belong. You see, our brains make us want to feel like we belong to a group. In the same way that fans of something feel like they belong, a group of people that hates something will give someone that same feeling of belonging. I find it rather odd, though. Unless it's something as bad as Hitler, I don't even see why you hate something.
Башка 18 Apr, 2015 @ 1:50pm 
I also want to mention that I don't automatically dislike haters. I generally try to respect them at first, and determine whether their reason for disliking something is reasonable or ridiculous. Just clarifying that.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 334 comments
Per page: 1530 50