Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

PostProcessFX v1.9.0
sindar 6 Apr, 2018 @ 6:08am
Menu toggle key or window position issue > manually edit the "PostProcessFX_gui_config.xml"
Those with in game PostProcessFX GUI access issues who I suppose have already doublechecked they
  • have the mod enabled (set to "on" in Content Manager > Mods),
  • do not have any conflicting key bindings

could attempt the following:
  1. Go to your Game install folder (for me it is "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines").
  2. Search for the file "PostProcessFX_gui_config.xml" and load it into the editor.
  3. Set the value for toggleUIKey to 290 = F9 key.
  4. Set only 1 of ctrlKey, shiftKey or altKey to "true" if you prefer to use that in combination with F9.
  5. You can also change the default position of the menu windo by changing the values of <menuPositionX> and <menuPositionY>
  6. Save the file.
  7. (Re-)Start CS, load your savegame or a new game and test if it works.

The content of my working "PostProcessFX_gui_config.xml":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GUIConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<toggleUIKey>290</toggleUIKey>
<menuPositionX>1968</menuPositionX>
<menuPositionY>492</menuPositionY>
<ctrlKey>false</ctrlKey>
<shiftKey>false</shiftKey>
<altKey>false</altKey>
<active>true</active>
</GUIConfig>
Last edited by sindar; 5 Apr, 2020 @ 3:21am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Frog :) 4 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24pm 
I made sure the mod was enabled, made sure there were no conflicting keybindings in the game or on my computer, changed the XML (deleted the original text and replaced it with yours), verified the game files, restarted the game, restarted the computer, and the mod still doesn't work.

Before you ask, I am using Windows
Ximonic 9 May, 2020 @ 9:56am 
Not working either. The menu is missing. The mod has only on/off option in Content Manager. It doesn't appear in Mods settings list. Config file was fine but toggle key isn't working. However, I've noticed the mod affecting the visuals of the game. Many corners of the buildings appear pitch black.
Aenima 23 May, 2020 @ 6:03am 
You just have to change the last line instead of others :

<active>false</active>

the window will be inactive, but still there if you press F9 (or 10 i dont remember).
MatteCosta 2 Mar, 2021 @ 5:38am 
Does this mod work now?
Emmolicious 7 May, 2023 @ 1:57am 
Originally posted by Aenima:
You just have to change the last line instead of others :

<active>false</active>

the window will be inactive, but still there if you press F9 (or 10 i dont remember).

Change the GUIConfig line ? Clausen this is the Last line..
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50