Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Ownership
Berwin 19 Nov, 2017 @ 11:10am
Requesting feature
Hi

I would like to request a feature even if it's not added to the official workshop mod and instead becomes only for my personal use. I would like you to add the ability to stop perishing items within chests and fridges if all of the owners have left the server. If anyone of the owners come back onto the server perishing should be enabled again in the owned chests and fridges. I think this would be fairly easy to do but unfortunately I cannot do it because I cannot mod and would like this on my dedicated server. I know how it would function in my head. The event for players entering the server would fire checking all of the containers in the world for the player name as an owner and turn on perishing for all items in said container. Opposite event when a player leave the server, check each container, if no one is named of the list of owners, stop perishing for all items in container. Another option would be to do a similar thing with the flingomatic but in this case freeze fuel consumption if that possible, otherwise if it's not, set remaining burn time to a really high value and then set it back to what it was before when reentering.

I'm really hoping you will be able to consider my request. The reason for the request if you didn't already work it out is if you have some people progressing the world keeps time going and causes all your items to perish within a small amount of time. I believe this would be a good feature. Please let me know what you think.

Berwin