Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

Better Nation Designer and unlimited points (1.29)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Reed  [developer] 11 Nov, 2016 @ 2:51pm
Suggestions
Let's keep the comment section tidy and post suggestions in here so I don't forget them and all of us can see them.

You can post the title and description of your choosing when giving feedback for new ideas and traditions, having your mark in my mod it's a way of thanking you for your feedback :)
-Reed
Last edited by Reed; 11 Nov, 2016 @ 2:53pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Dengist Prager 17 Sep, 2016 @ 9:51pm 
Suggestion: (Although I'm not entirely sure if this is possible)
Add some missing ideas that the custom nation desinger missed out on. There were a few ideas that were just not on the list for whatever reason

STORY TIME:
I wanted to make the custom nation of Cascadia, but I got bored very quickly looking over a massive list of potential national ideas, so I decided "Well, Cascadia is a national representation of the Pacific Northwest, why not just copy the Pacific Northwest ideas, they're pretty good" Pacific Northwest ideas being:
Traditions:
+10% Army Morals
-10% Land Attrition*
Ideas:
+5% Discipline
+20% Trade Range*
+1 Diplomatic Reputation
+10% Domestic Trade Power*
+1 Land leader maneuver
+10% Goods produced modifier*
-10% Stability cost modifier
Ambitions:
+1 yearly prestige

All of the national ideas marked with an asterisk aren't even an option on the Custom Nation designer. Is there a possible way you could unlock/add in more national ideas? Or maybe add an option to just use another set of national ideas?
Reed  [developer] 11 Oct, 2016 @ 8:45am 
Please next time use the thread I made about suggestions, I didn't get a notification of this thread being made so I missed out on those really good suggestions you just made. :3

What you suggested is pretty easy to accomplish but at the moment I'm in no condition to do it when I'm able you will see a new update for the mod with the version and changes.

Thank you
Reed
Reed  [developer] 11 Oct, 2016 @ 8:50am 
Oh if you like I can put a custom description and name of your liking to the new ideas you want implemented if I find it suitable.
Dengist Prager 11 Oct, 2016 @ 8:36pm 
Sorry about sticking this in the wrong place, but thank you for trying to add this. I'm fine with keeping the description of Pacific Northwest ideas the same, thank you
Reed  [developer] 12 Oct, 2016 @ 12:35pm 
Gotcha and no problem.
Last edited by Reed; 12 Oct, 2016 @ 12:35pm
Kirbstomp42 16 Oct, 2016 @ 11:20am 
Add the idea: Yearly Papal Influence
HashJus 29 Oct, 2016 @ 7:24pm 
There are many unique ideas that some of the nations have such as no upkeep to reinforce, max leaders without upkeep, and a few others. Think you could add all of those?
Reed  [developer] 30 Oct, 2016 @ 1:37am 
I sure can, I discussed adding more ideas with another user that gave me suggestions, I will add your suggestions to the list.

The new ideas will come together with the next major update 1.19. :)
[IPL]Arris 10 Nov, 2016 @ 4:42am 
Adding ability to select unit pack for your custom nation, that is the only thing that is missing for me for now.
Reed  [developer] 11 Nov, 2016 @ 2:43pm 
I worked on that in the past and I wasn't able to implement it after paradox updated the game.
I believe that's also the reason Nation Designer Extended was never updated after that.
I can look up and see how to do it but won't guarantee it for next patch unlike the features I promised to the others.
As always thanks for the suggestions :)
Reed  [developer] 24 Nov, 2016 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by I eat chairs:
Suggestion: (Although I'm not entirely sure if this is possible)
Add some missing ideas that the custom nation desinger missed out on. There were a few ideas that were just not on the list for whatever reason

STORY TIME:
I wanted to make the custom nation of Cascadia, but I got bored very quickly looking over a massive list of potential national ideas, so I decided "Well, Cascadia is a national representation of the Pacific Northwest, why not just copy the Pacific Northwest ideas, they're pretty good" Pacific Northwest ideas being:
Traditions:
+10% Army Morals
-10% Land Attrition*
Ideas:
+5% Discipline
+20% Trade Range*
+1 Diplomatic Reputation
+10% Domestic Trade Power*
+1 Land leader maneuver
+10% Goods produced modifier*
-10% Stability cost modifier
Ambitions:
+1 yearly prestige

All of the national ideas marked with an asterisk aren't even an option on the Custom Nation designer. Is there a possible way you could unlock/add in more national ideas? Or maybe add an option to just use another set of national ideas?

As promised I added the ideas you suggested :D
Reed  [developer] 24 Nov, 2016 @ 3:48pm 
Originally posted by Ubermensch9:
There are many unique ideas that some of the nations have such as no upkeep to reinforce, max leaders without upkeep, and a few others. Think you could add all of those?

Your ideas have been added aswell.
E 25 Nov, 2016 @ 12:24am 
The "convert culture and religion of all provinces to yours" decision REALLY needs to go away after a while (like, a month, or 6 months, or a year at most). It feels like an unwanted, bad cheat after a while, especially when the nation I made was legitimate.
Reed  [developer] 25 Nov, 2016 @ 4:01am 
I will add a trigger based on time then.
Reed  [developer] 25 Nov, 2016 @ 4:43am 
Originally posted by Priyon:
The "convert culture and religion of all provinces to yours" decision REALLY needs to go away after a while (like, a month, or 6 months, or a year at most). It feels like an unwanted, bad cheat after a while, especially when the nation I made was legitimate.

The decision will be available for 1 year for each starting date. Tell me if it works properly or if you meet any bugs. :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50