Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Simple Energy Shield V2
[Suggestion] Saving/Loading
Hello! Like I said in the bug report, I recently downloaded this mod. I noticed, however, that I have to enter the commands to set the max armor and health and all that, every time I load a map.

Now, this is only an annoyance. But it'd be better if the addon could save the settings and load them upon map load.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Echo 4 Oct, 2017 @ 6:54pm 
Try going to your autoexec file.

It's in common\gmog\garrysmod\cfg\autoexec.cfg

Just add in the commands (on seperate lines) and the game will automatically set them on startup.

You have to do this because the game thinks all commands in the console are one-off things, like changing the gravity.
Fenekku Kitsune 15 Mar, 2018 @ 11:46pm 
Originally posted by Echo:
Try going to your autoexec file.

It's in common\gmog\garrysmod\cfg\autoexec.cfg

Just add in the commands (on seperate lines) and the game will automatically set them on startup.

You have to do this because the game thinks all commands in the console are one-off things, like changing the gravity.
I've tried doing this and it doesn't appear to work.
Shock 17 May, 2018 @ 5:12pm 
whats the commands setup you talking about can you type them ?
Fenekku Kitsune 18 May, 2018 @ 5:08pm 
Originally posted by Died:
whats the commands setup you talking about can you type them ?
It's just the commands for max armor and health:
ses_max_armor
ses_max_health
Last edited by Fenekku Kitsune; 18 May, 2018 @ 5:08pm
Trisword 31 May, 2018 @ 8:20am 
sorry to necro this but im having the same problem as described above. I add ses_max_armor 100
on the autoexec.cfg file and i still get nothing changing.
[ST] SGT. Shorty 14 Jun, 2018 @ 9:36pm 
What about how to restrict them to a rank (my friend wants to make this a rank ability for his server.)
SonicPrimus 13 Apr, 2019 @ 3:17pm 
You have to use the Gmad Easy Addon Extractor and go into the lua file to change the default maximum armor value. You can also change the sound effects if you are planning to change them.
Fenekku Kitsune 13 Apr, 2019 @ 5:16pm 
Shouldn't have to get a program to change values in an addon, should be a thing already in the addon.
Panthercat64 31 Jul, 2019 @ 6:13pm 
For those trying the autoexec.cfg idea, no it does not work. The commands only work if your in a game, and the autoexec.cfg excutes the commands when the the app (aka the actual gMOD game) launches. meaning it does not excute the commands at all.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50