Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Health Info
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
NubsPixel  [developer] 27 Apr, 2015 @ 2:40pm
Please submit your crash log
If you still crash in any way.
1. Please browse to your DST log. Do NOT re-open DST, this will delete the current crash log. The file should be located in
Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\log.txt
.2. Open the file.
3. Copy the whole content. (Ctrl + A, then Ctrl + C)
4. Open Pastebin[pastebin.com]
5. Paste into the text box. (Ctrl + V)
6. Click Submit (scrolll down a bit).
7. Copy the URL (on the browser).
8. Paste the URL in the comments here.

My logs sample: http://pastebin.com/1g4c6nQw[/url
< >
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
RodArauj 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:07pm 
http://pastebin.com/TN5vUvhm
WHen i turn on the heath info and use the xbox controller to plant a butterfly the game crash with this log error.
Last edited by RodArauj; 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:07pm
NubsPixel  [developer] 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:29pm 
@Slackware, for now: try playing with Mode B. I believe the new mode has less chance to crash. I am not sure how/why you crash.. yet. Probably need time to figure it out (i need to go to work in 30-45 minutes).
Last edited by NubsPixel; 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:30pm
RodArauj 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:32pm 
MODE B?
How do i change the mod

EDIT: Found it . Yea in Mode B it doesnt crash
Last edited by RodArauj; 29 Apr, 2015 @ 3:37pm
NubsPixel  [developer] 30 Apr, 2015 @ 2:40am 
@Slackware,
Fixed. You can use Mode A again.
artemiy 3 May, 2015 @ 5:40pm 
Hello xVars, I am having issues with starting a saved game today, and after some digging I want to ask you to look at log and see if this is possible related to your mod:

backstory: this is a dedicated server running on separate Linux Ubuntu Server machine, me and my friends were playing modded server (as you will see on pastebin), this all happened about 20-22 hrs ago (server was sitting around unused for a while before that). One of my friends logged in on server without me and noticed announcement nagging about updating Health Info mod on about day 111 of server.

problem: fast forward 100 days ahead of him playing on it (while still being nagged by announcement), I finally log in and we restart and update server with new version of your mod, after update server simply does not start and here is the crash log:

http://pastebin.com/gSjM58Pt

Take a look and see if we can help me with this.

I was trying to troubleshoot this with my limited troubleshooting knowledge, and here are my findings:

- save file from day 111 still works - that day seems to be last day I was logged in about a week ago before you updated your mod (pulled from dir /home/steam/.klei/DSTpub/save/session/FFFFFFFFA1AC3829), but every single save file after unil last day 204 is corrupt and will not load with same error log
- removing all mods still crashed server on start.
- tried visually comparing save file 111 and 204, but they appeared to be too long for me to do this efficiently, I could provide save files if necessary.

Let me know if there is something that could be done to get my server back to day 204, I would love you foreva <3

Thanks for your time!

- Art
NubsPixel  [developer] 3 May, 2015 @ 9:14pm 
Frankly, this is hard to test. I am not sure of why it crashed in the first place. I could amend something to check for "attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'nan' (a nil value)" error, but i can't test it.

The choice i have to go from there is limited:
1. I can save a modified version on an external site (e.g mediafire) for you to test.
1a. I post the link here
1b. i post the link privately via steam messages

2. I just update the mod directly, and hope for the best. xD

note:
i. I never played up to 20th days. I have no idea what events takes place there after. Its not that i don't like the game, i just have too much of games to play.
ii. I am not sure if the save files are actually cross-compatible (linux-windows-etc)
iii. I never read savefiles, i am not even sure if i could >.<
NubsPixel  [developer] 3 May, 2015 @ 10:15pm 
@artemiy, since you didn't respond, I just updated the mod directly. Hopefully, it solves your problem.
artemiy 4 May, 2015 @ 6:07am 
hey I am here, if you wish to send me anything via private message or external link, creating new update works. I will test it out and let you know if anything happened.

As far as playing on later stages of game keep in mind Giants, Bearger, Deerclops, Moose/Goose, moslings, Dragonfly and the firely larvae that it spawns from pools, during those 100 days we pertty much fought and killed at least one of each. There is even a footage from twitch.tv recorded:

http://www.twitch.tv/zephyrdyne/c/6639609
http://www.twitch.tv/zephyrdyne/c/6639729

we also added Bunnymen and rabbit hutches via console to make it more fun.

Thanks for quick responce, i did not expect it that quick!
artemiy 4 May, 2015 @ 6:39am 
The your recent mod update didn't do anything it seems. Crash log again:
http://pastebin.com/NTm7ZVTj

Also, any chance I can get a version of your mod before Apr 27 update, maybe that will help me salvage the map and do something with it (before 1.4 i guess)?

F.Y.I. servers across different platforms are uniform, aka you can use same data from Windows servers on Linux ones, also saves hosted from game itself (non-dedicated) is transferable to either one as well.

thanks
Last edited by artemiy; 4 May, 2015 @ 6:46am
NubsPixel  [developer] 4 May, 2015 @ 9:41am 
Well, very strange. I guess, the save doesn't work after update. Have you tried using either Mode A/B changes?

note1: i am very sure that even if i give you the older version, it still won't work. I am highly confident that the save file itself is corrupted.
note2: why don't you send me the save file for working and non-working version. let me cross check the differences.
NubsPixel  [developer] 4 May, 2015 @ 9:52am 
note3: I noticed that healthInfo is causing severe issue upon loading and saving. This is probably the reason why it crashed. The added extra data for everything just made it go CTD. Regardless, i really would prefer to get your broken and working save data and do a testing on my own.

note4: the next version will reduce the server lag upon loading/saving. But i am not sure if it is backward (save files) compatible.

note5: oh, before i forget, also list-out or give me mod-packs for the mods you enabled in the server.
artemiy 4 May, 2015 @ 10:03pm 
list of our server mods (from modsettings.lua):

--Storm Cellar
ForceEnableMod("workshop-382177939")
--Wormhole Marks
ForceEnableMod("workshop-362175979")
--Health Info
ForceEnableMod("workshop-375859599")
--Coordinates
ForceEnableMod("workshop-373480109")
--Always On
ForceEnableMod("workshop-376333686")
--Increased Stack Size
ForceEnableMod("workshop-374550642")
--Flingomatic Range checker
ForceEnableMod("workshop-412291722")
--Global Player Icons
ForceEnableMod("workshop-373991022")

entire save file is uploaded to my server
http://artemiy.me/pastebin/save/

actual save files are located in /session/FFFFFFFFA1AC3829/

thanks a bunch!

p.s. so is it not possible to get a previous version of mod before april 27?
NubsPixel  [developer] 5 May, 2015 @ 11:23pm 
I don't really have a version control setup for my mods. I could try to revert changes that i did manually, but i don't think it will work well. Plus, i am highly confident, that your crashes is caused by optimization issues on my end. Also, sorry for the late reply, its already working day. I have less time to check on things.
NubsPixel  [developer] 5 May, 2015 @ 11:24pm 
I will check up on the save files when i have the chance. Don't expect too much out of it though. >.<
RodArauj 6 May, 2015 @ 2:43pm 
Originally posted by xVars:
@Slackware,
Fixed. You can use Mode A again.
Thanks
< >
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
Per page: 1530 50