Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria
Deep Thunder  [developer] 17 Dec, 2018 @ 10:32am
Map isn't running
Disclaimer: I am not a Steam rep or any form of official tech support. I'm just an average guy who likes to help.

Furthermore, these fixes are shots-in-the-dark. I do not have any definitive data to back these up besides my and others' experiences.

1) The map isn't showing up in my add-ons list.
2) When I launch the map, it doesn't load at all, the game just crashes.
3) The map is loading, but crashes at some point during load.
4) The map is loading, but I'm sent back to the main menu with no error during load.
5) The map is loading, but I'm sent back to the main menu with some error during load.
6) The game crashes at some point during gameplay.
7) Me, or someone else, is booted to the main menu with "Server enforcing consistency for x file

(If all else fails)
(Verify the integrity of your game cache. Go to:
LIBRARY > GAMES > right-click 'Left 4 Dead 2' > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
Could take several minutes until it is finished.)

1) The map isn't showing up in my add-ons list.
Wait for the map to finish downloading. It's ~500 MB. If you still don't see the map in your add-ons list after the download progress bar has finished, restart your game. It should appear then.

2) When I launch the map, it doesn't load at all, the game just crashes.
If an error popup appears, please comment it down below. Each error is usually different and is solved on a case-by-case basis. If an error does not appear, I couldn't tell you. Probably a mod conflict.

3) The map is loading, but crashes at some point during load.
Probably too many mods. Disable some mods or disable all mods. Also try restarting the game. I do not know which ones/types are more susceptible to crashes, but if anyone has an idea please do let me know.
Should you have received an error, please comment below with the error if you are unsure what to do next.
Please note that I do not definitively know if the issue lies within the map, your PC+L4D2 configuration, or a combination of both.

4) The map is loading, but I'm sent back to the main menu with no error during load.
Same as 3.

5) The map is loading, but I'm sent back to the main menu with some error during load.
Same as 3.

6) The game crashes at some point during gameplay.
Same as 3.

7) Me, or someone else, is booted to the main menu with "Server enforcing consistency for x file"
From the lobby, open the developer console and type 'sv_consistency 0'. Other players should be able to join your game now.

If there a step you don't understand, feel free to comment down below and I will clarify. I tried to keep this list as short as possible.

Honestly, that's really all there is to it. Errors are the most useful in terms of narrowing down the issue. If it's still not working or you don't see your reason listed, comment down below with as much info as possible. I'll do my best to help.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Scrungo 6 Mar, 2019 @ 6:55pm 
how do I open the Console
Deep Thunder  [developer] 7 Mar, 2019 @ 4:24am 
The tilde button '~', next to the 1
Scrungo 11 Mar, 2019 @ 3:52pm 
thanks
Aaron. 9 Jun, 2019 @ 10:25am 
my problem is i cant even see it in the campaign list not even in the campaign add_on list
Danto 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:29pm 
I've downloaded the map and it shows up in the add-ons, but does not let me join any campaigns currently being run and does not let me start a game with it
Deep Thunder  [developer] 13 Jul, 2019 @ 6:03am 
Is there any particular error when you try joining a campaign or starting your own game?
Alain 12 Oct, 2019 @ 7:14pm 
my problem is that, just after downloading the map my game closes automatically. as soon as I start it again, load what the magnification, bone map, the game closes again. If any, it has a solution for this would be great.
PPillow 4 Apr, 2020 @ 9:14am 
This is the only mod I have and the map still won't load :/ It doesn't crash the game, but I have to exit and restart to be able to play a normal map again.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 18 Dec, 2020 @ 11:17am 
it gives me a error consitiancy scripts/weapon_smg.txt
Deep Thunder  [developer] 18 Dec, 2020 @ 1:57pm 
Depending on the type of mods you have downloaded, you may see similar errors.

I saw a thread in the L4D2 discussion board going into more detail about this problem, but if you want a quicker solution I would recommend disabling SMG related mods. If your mods are unrelated, I'm unsure.
Innofected 2 Apr, 2021 @ 12:24pm 
I keep getting an error that say I need to disable the witch
Innofected 2 Apr, 2021 @ 12:25pm 
Idk how to disable the witch
Deep Thunder  [developer] 4 Apr, 2021 @ 11:08am 
You may potentially have to disable an addon relating to the witch. But the weird thing is that my map doesn't include witches, so I really don't have a definitive answer
Porkey 31 Oct, 2021 @ 8:41am 
it said i had to disable the boomette but i dont have an addon relating to the boomette
Slushy 18 Feb, 2022 @ 8:11pm 
it says file:addons/361216976.vpk
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50