Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The Poacher's Pride
Kami 7 Dec, 2014 @ 2:12pm
Stats?
I want to feel like im contributing to this prodject by asking, what are some stat ideas? Either by staff or people i'm curious to see the ideas. :claptrap:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 313 comments
Mr_Fortran 7 Dec, 2014 @ 2:59pm 
Personally I would change only two things to the proposed stats:

-reduce damage by %20 (making it 40 per shot), doing two 50 damage bodyshots in less than a second is too unfair.
-replace crit to mini-crit on headshot, otherwise it's like no-scoping two medics in one second.
Kami 7 Dec, 2014 @ 3:08pm 
idk. i think the reductions are unnessary. As the sniper is basically a shotgun, and it would make sence to do extra damage on headshots. and reduced damage makes no sense because, again, its a shotgun/rifle.:B1:
I personally think that it should do more damage, I mean...believe or not no-scope body-shots aren't easy. Since it seems like a rifle, it's zoom is reduced to low-range, however it does high damage, but also only holds two shots. It'd also be cool if it like...became a promotional item to those who pre-order to second episode of Tales from the Borderlands.
Kami 7 Dec, 2014 @ 3:16pm 
I agree, not only because i am Clap-Trap, bu because the rifle/shotgun looks too much like a Jackobs DB :claptrap:
Z E S T A C Y 7 Dec, 2014 @ 3:24pm 
make it so damage stays the same when unzoomed
Kami 7 Dec, 2014 @ 3:31pm 
What about random crits?
Cephilon 7 Dec, 2014 @ 3:43pm 
I agree with fortran but i think its needs to do more damage based on the distance and no charge.
Originally posted by CL4P-TP:
idk. i think the reductions are unnessary. As the sniper is basically a shotgun, and it would make sence to do extra damage on headshots. and reduced damage makes no sense because, again, its a shotgun/rifle.:B1:
So, More damage closer, less damage farther. Putting sniper at the mid-close range instead of the far/mid range. Yes?
Mr_Fortran 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:03pm 
so wait, the rifle fires buckshot or bullets?? a shotgun for sniper I don't think make too much sense. If it fires bullets I still stand my ground, two 150 crits in one second is way too OP
Mack 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:19pm 
Love to see this weapon! Just gotta nickpick though, the word "except" in the weapon preview should be "accept". "If Valve does accept the weapon" Sorry, it just seems more professional, I love the weapon. Except would be the opposite of what you want.
moon 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:26pm 
@Mr_Fortan

The creator said it's a rifle, as there's double-barreled rifles as well as double-barreled shotguns. Two 150 crits in one second is less than a Direct Hit crit, so it isn't too OP. Why must you be so stupid?
Snow! 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:30pm 
The stats that you suggusted sound a bit too OP because you can just double click as fast as you can and 1 hit always, and it will also lead to people with programs to make it click for them so they get 2 shots for the price of 1. :jarate: :spycon: :sentry:
Last edited by Snow!; 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:30pm
MeGAct 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:33pm 
-15% damage
OR
a low fire speed. (half reload time default Rifle)

2 ammunition clip

If it can zoom,
can't charge.

If it can't zoom.
Can headshot (-15% damage).
OR
Can headshot, like Ambassador with a cool down (this headshot do 150 damage),
Last edited by MeGAct; 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:42pm
Mr_Fortran 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:42pm 
@Golden Freddy

The difference relies on it being 2 shots fired rapidly, it's VERY different than any crocket or crit sticky, it's A LOT more exploitable (and it's 2 150 crits on demand unlike the formers). You could run around headshoting medics, scouts, etc. andthat's BS. It's basically a hitscan 2 shot huntsman.

This rifle would the preferred rifle for CoD fanboys.

Last edited by Mr_Fortran; 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:44pm
Bad Hombre DC 7 Dec, 2014 @ 4:49pm 
I say it should have bonus damage, but only 12 rounds available to use instead of 25, and it could operate without the sniper rifle's charge time, at the expense of a longer reload.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 313 comments
Per page: 1530 50