Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Cloud Strife, the Ex-SOLDIER
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
miz  [developer] 10 Apr @ 2:30pm
SUGGESTIONS
If you have balance change ideas regarding things like default stat values, crafting recipes, etc, leave them here!

Do keep in mind that I am not planning on making any major additions to this mod, so only small modifications will be considered
... except for maybe the secret thing that i did not elaborate on in his mod writeup 😳 adding a few more moves/items to it might be fun

Other things I am considering:
  • More custom fx for limit breaks like braver & ascension
  • Custom sfx for materia, limit breaks
  • Add toggle to allow Buster Sword skins to be crafted manually instead of automatically matching with Cloud's current skin
  • Allow for all weapons to be repaired with makoshards
Last edited by miz; 13 Apr @ 4:27pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
std::crm 11 Apr @ 2:02am 
I really liked the mod! Great idea and good job. I have a request, could you please add the body skin from the ms_cloudstrife_kh skin as a separate skin to the body slot using [API] Modded Skins? Thank you in advance!!!
miz  [developer] 11 Apr @ 6:16am 
@hostile
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean. Do you want the outfit (the entire outfit? Just the cape?) as a separate skin/wardrobe item so other characters can use it?
std::crm 11 Apr @ 7:54pm 
yeap
♪Albe♪ 12 Apr @ 12:46am 
Some suggestions on Chinese translation:
Cloud Strife = 克劳德·斯特莱夫
Cloud = 克劳德
DST = 饥荒联机版
Stats & Perk = 属性与技能
LIMIT BREAK = 极限技
Materia = 魔晶石
MAKO SHARDS = 魔晶石碎片
BUSTER SWORD = 破坏之剑
Zelos 12 Apr @ 5:32am 
Before I give my suggestions I just want you to know that this is one of the best character mods I have ever seen , excellent work . From visual flare to animations to quotes everything is superb.

Now about balancing stuff ; keep in mind these are my personal opinion and I do not consider them big problems by any means.

- Mako shards take too long to collect.Having more sources for mako shards would be great since they are always on high demand because of low durability weapons/materia and constantly mining rocks can get boring in long term play

Possible solution: Making bosses drop big number of mako shards would be great for rushing bosses without having to farm resources for a long time. Another possible solution ; making killing any monster with a unique ability or weapon grants mako shards.(using mythril saber's ability to farm shards perhabs). Or lowering the usage of mako shards by making recipes cheaper or making shards repair more would also help

- Most weapons have way too low durability in my opinion , even though they are cool they end up being too expensive to use for most cases especially for high health targets.Considering the cost and durability most people will use regular DST weapons and switch to cloud's weapons for their special ability only.

Possible solution: Making weapon abilities repair them just like wigfrid could work but might be overkill , making most weapons repairable with mako shards might be a better solution especially if they are more accesible. I am aware that we can change durability of weapons from the config but at least adding an option to make all weapons repairable would make everything feel so much better

Comparing cloud to vanilla DST characters and especially most recently updated ones (willow for example) giving him easier and more sustainable access to his unique abilities sound only fair to me at least.

Thanks for your hard work , cheers!
miz  [developer] 12 Apr @ 6:25am 
@♪Albe♪ I have updated the Chinese description with your suggestions. Please let me know if anything sounds off, and thank you for your help!

@Zelos Your suggestions are fair! Mako Shard accessibility is something I was worried about... Maybe halving the current recipe requirement, and adding a chance for them to drop whenever Cloud kills a mob (with increased amount for bosses) would fix it? Unfortunately I don't know if I can detect kills specifically done with Cloud's special abilities, so I may just have to be applied to any kill. I could check if it's done with his specific swords at least, though I'm not sure that would make sense "lore" wise. 🤔

Mako shard repairing for all weapons is possible but tricky. I'll have to investigate it further to see how feasible it is, because it could potentially require reprogramming a large chunk of his swords.
Thank you for the suggestions!
Last edited by miz; 12 Apr @ 6:28am
unique armor to increase his survival rates
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50