Ask your questions here.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Son of Russ 29 Sep, 2014 @ 7:22pm 
There is no empty file called Civilization V Next War for me atleast
Last edited by Son of Russ; 29 Sep, 2014 @ 7:23pm
me neither
Aleara  [developer] 30 Sep, 2014 @ 1:20pm 
Do you get the .civ5mod document? If so, I think that simply sliding it on an other mod will force the game to unpack anyway. If you didn't get the document neither, try to re-subscribe, it might re-download the mod. Steam is rather annoying sometimes...
Last edited by Aleara; 30 Sep, 2014 @ 1:21pm
Ok I got it, thanks. I hope you don't mind me saying but your instructions were actually a little confusing for me.

I think what you should say is that when you subscribe it creates a folder (not a file) called Civilization V Next War (v.1) and a .mod5 file. Drag the mod file into the folder and when you load it, it will create a new folder called 2a2f844d-0191-41ca-80ef-3fba2ec509dd (v 1).

Hope that helps and I am now totally excited about trying out your mod :0)
Aleara  [developer] 1 Oct, 2014 @ 1:39pm 
Ok, thanks for telling that my instructions were confusing. My computer's in French, so it's hard to translate to the right words from time to time.
Ted Scheckler 1 Oct, 2014 @ 7:35pm 
AIKTOR, you do great wwork, instructions were fine.afilmforthefuture hes probasly a mac user and only used to one of something :P like say a mouse button >.>
AlleyCat 2 Oct, 2014 @ 9:18am 
sry to bother but is it normal that u have all the new units from the beginnig of the game?
Last edited by AlleyCat; 2 Oct, 2014 @ 9:18am
Abyss: Well, I was only trying to help.

Not that it matters, but I'm not a mac user. A file is not the same as a folder on any system. You put files in a folder. As you can see, another user before me had the same issue, possibly for the same reasons.

As I said, I was excited to play the mod and pointing out the right words to help someone out does not mean that I don't think he is doing great work.
Aleara  [developer] 2 Oct, 2014 @ 4:30pm 
@ plushy Owlbear

You can build the units from the start of the game? Are you using any other mod at the same time?
ShoeCanoe 5 Oct, 2014 @ 7:58am 
what does the next war technology do?
Aleara  [developer] 5 Oct, 2014 @ 12:23pm 
@ snkpatten

It's the exact same thing as the "Future Tech", but I gave it a different name to prevent confusion while creating the mod.
Would this work with the ENI mod?
Aleara  [developer] 9 Oct, 2014 @ 3:29pm 
@ Jedi Ranger Kendor

If you're talking about the Naval Immersion mod, it should work without troubles, as it simply adds new units.
Alec 17 Oct, 2014 @ 3:15pm 
Is there a way to apply this mod to an existing savegame? Loading it, then loading savegames does not seem to apply it. I've a marathon game I'd really love to give some new life to with this mod!
Aleara  [developer] 18 Oct, 2014 @ 9:59am 
@ Alec

I'm not entirely sure about the effectiveness of this method, and it might actually bug, but one of my friend was able to force the mod into an already saved game using it. It was an online game, so I'm not sure if the effects will be the same on a single player game, but it might be worth trying.

http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233428613

Simply follow this guide, but rather than going in multiplayer, load your saved file. If it doesn't work, make sure to reverse the changes you made for more safety.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50