The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Spooky Scary Skeletons Remix Version
Q24 28 Jun, 2015 @ 12:38pm
How?
How was this mod made and is there a way to do it myself?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Mo  [developer] 19 Jul, 2015 @ 2:28pm 
Sorry for the late reply.

1. Get this (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3159/?) converter. You'll need it because all of Skyrim's audio files are in .xwm, so you'll need this to convert the MP3s or Wavs to it.

2. Get FOMM, or a similar program that can open a .bsa file.

3. Open Skyrim - Sounds.bsa with FOMM, you should see a huge list of sound files.

4. Find whichever sound file you want to edit and make note of the file path.

5. Convert your MP3 or Wav into xwm and name it the same as the file you want to change.

6. Put the .xwm in the folder that the file you want to change is in. Note that you WILL have to make the path yourself, unless you have used that path before, or a mod you have uses it.

For example, I put my file into /Skyrim/Data/sound/fx/npc/skeleton. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here.
Last edited by Mo; 20 Jul, 2015 @ 8:43pm
Q24 20 Jul, 2015 @ 3:14pm 
Originally posted by Mo:
Sorry for the late reply.

1. Get this (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3159/?) converter. You'll need it because al of Skyrim's audio files are in .xwm, so you'll need this to convert the MP3s or Wavs to it.

2. Get FOMM, or a similar program that can open a .bsa file.

3. Open Skyrim - Sounds.bsa with FOMM, you should see a huge list of sound files.

4. Find whichever sound file you want to edit and make note of the file path.

5. Convert your MP3 or Wav into xwm and name it the same as the file you want to change.

6. Put the .xwm in the folder that the file you want to change is in. Note that you WILL have to make the path yourself, unless you have used that path before, or a mod you have uses it.

For example, I put my file into /Skyrim/Data/sound/fx/npc/skeleton. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here.

Can I use this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4804/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D4804%26preview%3D&pUp=1 to unpack the files and then put the file in?
and then do I have to repack them somehow or can I leave them like that and they will work?
Also which file do I replace?
Last edited by Q24; 20 Jul, 2015 @ 3:19pm
Mo  [developer] 20 Jul, 2015 @ 8:42pm 
You can use that to unpack the .bsa, yes, but you don't use the unpacker to replace the file, you just go into file explorer and create the path that the sound file you want to replace is in. Unpacking the .bsa just tells you what path you need to create.

You replace whichever file you want to. For example:

I replaced npc_skeleton_conscious_01_lp.wav and npc_skeleton_conscious_02_lp.wav with the song. The sound I replaced was the skeleton "breathing" sound. You might notice that that sound never plays if you have my mod. If you wanted to replace say, the dragon breath attack with something, you'd go into the unpacker, find something that looks like it would be that sound (npc_dragon_attack_01.wav, 02, 03, and 04 all fit this description), and extract it somewhere. Play the sound to make sure that that's the right one, and then rename your replacement file the EXACT same thing. If you converted it to .xml, I believe you can just rename it .wav and it should work. I highly recommend FOMM for this for its search function, but you can use that unpacker as well, it'll just take a long time to find the file you're looking for.
Q24 25 Jul, 2015 @ 6:23pm 
Originally posted by Mo:
You can use that to unpack the .bsa, yes, but you don't use the unpacker to replace the file, you just go into file explorer and create the path that the sound file you want to replace is in. Unpacking the .bsa just tells you what path you need to create.

You replace whichever file you want to. For example:

I replaced npc_skeleton_conscious_01_lp.wav and npc_skeleton_conscious_02_lp.wav with the song. The sound I replaced was the skeleton "breathing" sound. You might notice that that sound never plays if you have my mod. If you wanted to replace say, the dragon breath attack with something, you'd go into the unpacker, find something that looks like it would be that sound (npc_dragon_attack_01.wav, 02, 03, and 04 all fit this description), and extract it somewhere. Play the sound to make sure that that's the right one, and then rename your replacement file the EXACT same thing. If you converted it to .xml, I believe you can just rename it .wav and it should work. I highly recommend FOMM for this for its search function, but you can use that unpacker as well, it'll just take a long time to find the file you're looking for.
I need a Fallout game to use FOMM.
Mo  [developer] 25 Jul, 2015 @ 8:53pm 
Use your other program then.
Q24 26 Jul, 2015 @ 2:26am 
Originally posted by Mo:
Use your other program then.
Okay, one last thing how long do I make it
Mo  [developer] 26 Jul, 2015 @ 3:20am 
It can be as long or short as you want it, just make sure the file size isn't too big, otherwise it'll crash your game. If that happens, just use an online compressor to make a little smaller.
Eggbutt 27 Jul, 2015 @ 5:03pm 
Originally posted by Mo:
If you wanted to replace say, the dragon breath attack with something, you'd go into the unpacker, find something that looks like it would be that sound (npc_dragon_attack_01.wav, 02, 03, and 04 all fit this description)

Now I really want dragon breath sounds to be the classic T.Rex roar from Jurassic Park.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50