Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

The Shattered Hyperstructure
LeboyEB 30 Jan @ 4:48am
"Every" secret on the map
First of all, sorry for grammatical error, i'm not english

Ok, so here is everything i discover about this map, so as the developper said, there is :
-Environmental Manipulation Panel (Need to be unlocked) which can let the water collide against you.
-A secret area within one of the highway and it is annoying to unlock

And i'm going to tell you how to unlock those 2 secret

The Highway Secret

Ok, so this is the main thing that we need to unlock, because without it you will not be able to unlock the Environmental Manipulation Panel.

Keep in mind that there is 4 "Hand made" Citadel, the "Building" (The one we spawn in it) and The Highway (The 3 other, they identical, except one that by default have they HardLight Bridge disable, we will call it "Highway 1" To make it simple)

Step 1 :
Exit the Building by the main door then take the teleporter to arrive at the bottom, in the airlock there should be a metal box with a sign that said "Danger Explosive" above, you will need to break the box. (This box is "unbreakable" because it completely regenerates in less than 1s, so either you will have to deal 133769420 damage in less than 1s, or you use an addon / command to break it, Console Command: " ent_fire !picker sethealth 0 " (you need to look at the object for it to work)).

Alternative method

Thx to Backrevol for finding it

spamming "Use" on both keypad that open the outside door of the airlock, it will sparks and eventually explode as you keep spamming. Which lead to step 2 without console command.

Step 2 :
When you respawn (since i assume you died by the explosion), exit the Building by the main door, there should be a soda can on the edge near the teleporter door, just spam "Use" on the can until it unfreeze (just don't drop it down from the Citadel or the Abyss will consume it...)

Step 3 :
Take the can and go next to the Hard Light bridge on Highway 1, activate both of them (It necessary for later) near it, there should be some sort of generator with a white arrow paint on it, just walk in the direction the arrow point, until you found a metal catwalk. under it there should be a little hole with a keypad, put the can in it and take it back quickly cause the hole will close after a second, the door on the right should open after a bit, take the can inside and drop it for now (we will use it again later).

Step 4 :
Head back inside the Building, on the big console there is a combine button, press it to open the power room, head outside and go to the end of the balcony, disable the power by pressing the lever.

Step 5 :
Ok so in this step, you will need to have luck on your side or it could take some time. Go back to the main door, on the right there should be a metal trap, you will need to press "E" on it then step back (cause it will explose), wait ~20s and press it again, you will need to repeat the process until it make a bigger creak and multiple explosion, the cable between the Building and Highway 1 should break apart after a moment, head back under the little catwalk, found the can (in case it fly away due to the shake of the door) at the end of the corridor the door should be unlock.

Step 6 :
Take a break, cause this room is cozy.

Step 7 :
Pick up that can, now put it in the trash can (under the stair), (it will unlock a little room that i will mention in a bit of time).

There it is, you finish this the main secret, now there's 2 more thing that we can do in this room.

Environmental Manipulation Panel Secret

Inside the cozy room, there is another staircase with a green door, in this room there should be a lever at the end, stay close to it and activate it, you should be teleported to an Out Of Bound room where there is the lever that activate the Panel, to head back just walk up to the ramp behind.
There you go, you activate the Environmental Manipulation Panel, now enjoy the little feature.

And the last secret i found

Nuclear Pasta Crystal Secret

Ok so, after you put the can in the trash can, the other green door should be unlock, enter and press the button (WARNING LOUD NOISE TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN WHEN PRESSING)

Now you have the Nuclear Pasta Crystal (dont press "E" on it, use the gravity gun), it the same thing as the metal box that we break before, but this crystal have 9999999 HP and regenerate instantly, i didn't find any use for this crystal except that is make a big explosion when you break it.

Conclusion

Fun Map and i can confirm it was annoying to unlock this secret :)

(Comment "Pasta" if you like pasta)
Last edited by LeboyEB; 1 Feb @ 4:31am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
weed cat 31 Jan @ 8:55am 
pasta
Backrevol 31 Jan @ 11:27pm 
About step 1
If you rapidly spam "E" on keypad that open door near that metax box,it start sparks and eventualy explode as you keep spaming "E". Wich lead to step 2 without console command.
LeboyEB 1 Feb @ 4:26am 
Originally posted by Backrevol:
About step 1
If you rapidly spam "E" on keypad that open door near that metax box,it start sparks and eventualy explode as you keep spaming "E". Wich lead to step 2 without console command.
Really ? interesting, thx for the info, i will add it to the step 1
pasta.
Sergius 2 Feb @ 10:47am 
pasta
i might have a clue to usage, it says 'you dont wanna use it' so there's other methods than an explosive
Kote 3 Feb @ 9:22am 
:papyrus:
there is no soda can
Last edited by The Door to Guf #FixTF2; 3 Feb @ 12:19pm
PaStA!!!!
AK! 3 Feb @ 6:20pm 
I dont get step 5, if you mean the electrical box in the first room with pipes on the bottom floor, pressing E on it makes no explosion. It only sometimes makes a ding sound after a few moments.
Last edited by AK!; 3 Feb @ 6:20pm
@AK!
The metal box that forces open the building entrance door, by the room with the buttons.
Make sure the power's off.
could you be a Little bit more specific about the "metal box"
It looks like a big casing for a series of fuses, if you know what I mean.
Going to try and upload a screenshot if I can.
abeck07 13 Feb @ 7:51pm 
I finished step 5, but the door never opened? the "not enough door abuse" message went away but the "access denied" part didn't
did you activate the light bridges?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50