Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

L4D2 Model Animations Fix
Jariner  [developer] 1 Oct, 2023 @ 12:19am
Model Update Suggestions
If you have found a L4D2 Model that is missing animations. then you can go type its model name in here, and ill try to fix it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Kekusich 1 Oct, 2023 @ 2:09am 
bruh
Jariner  [developer] 1 Oct, 2023 @ 2:27am 
bruh.
I heard on a forum post at some point that you could fix the survivor animations by splitting up the anim models into several models that would compile with crowbar. I tried to do that but I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to, but you seem a lot more dedicated to these fixes than I am so it might be worth trying?
Jariner  [developer] 1 Oct, 2023 @ 2:33am 
i actually tried to do that but unfortunately as ive commented before in the comment section, i couldnt do it because of an error which is "overflowed g_numsources.ERROR"

EDIT: darn it, i misread what youve said, ive actually never seen that type of method to compile the survivor anims so maybe i could do that, although id need a tutorial to do that considering im absolutely blind as a bat on my own trying to figure out how to do things like that.
Last edited by Jariner; 1 Oct, 2023 @ 2:41am
The helicopter from the third chapter of Dark Carnival is missing (roller coaster) and also the barriers that explode next to the tanker from the second chapter of Dead Cente
Jariner  [developer] 8 Oct, 2023 @ 2:45am 
1st: thats actually a gmod problem, it dosent even show up when you cross the trigger thats ment to show it flying over, unless you force it to appear by typing "ent_fire chopper_prop turnon" and regardless i couldnt even find the command that would normally trigger its flying animation, although i can definately see it has broken animations judging by the fact its in its "ref" anim state.

2nd: i couldnt find the models for them so thats why i couldnt have included them in, ill try to find them later. (holy ♥♥♥♥ i am actually blind i misread barriers as barrels.)
Last edited by Jariner; 8 Oct, 2023 @ 2:47am
76561199164576398 10 Oct, 2023 @ 4:49am 
can you fix the survivor models?
Jariner  [developer] 10 Oct, 2023 @ 5:33am 
unless someone can teach me how to make the animations into separate models to compile fully, then no.
Can you like...fix portal 2 animations?

Some of them work fine but for some reason animations for GLaDOs and Wheatley don´t work as they should in the respective maps

In the map where you first meet GLaDOS for example
Jariner  [developer] 15 Oct, 2023 @ 7:57am 
thats because portal 2 uses alot of vscripts, which yknow, isnt a thing in gmod.
Oh ok...

I think you could fix the survivors animations by extracting them and re-making them as TF2 animations,
I saw a addon where a dude menaged to fix portal 2´s broken animations for Chell, P-body & Atlas...
He said that he fixed it by converting it into TF2 way of animations
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2682480727&searchtext=Portal+2+Playermodels
Jariner  [developer] 15 Oct, 2023 @ 8:26am 
and how am i suppose to convert it into a "tf2 way of animations" exactly?
The dude said that he fixed it by making every model use *Bip*and not valvebiped bones,

Here:

"These models DOES NOT use the ValveBiped bones. They use entirely different bones (which were used in Team Fortress 2)"
Jariner  [developer] 15 Oct, 2023 @ 8:47am 
literally how would you make them use "bip" in the first place, im not a model creator.
Jariner  [developer] 15 Oct, 2023 @ 8:52am 
And plus, the anims that they use are a diffrent model then the survivors themselfs.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50