Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Moar Ships!! (outdated)
[Andon] 28 Sep, 2014 @ 6:38pm
I'm mildly irritated. Please ask first.
I'm sure you know who I am. I worked with SomethingCatchy on the Catchy's Custom Cargo Ships mod, until real life overtook me as well and it unfortunately ended up being outstripped by the rapid pace of Space Engineers development.

I am mildly irritated that you did not ask permission from either myself or from SomethingCatchy before integrating our ships into your mod. I cannot tell you how many hours we spent working on those vessels... just for you to lift them and distribute them without our permission.

I am not asking for you to remove them, not at this time. I am just reminding you that, as the modding forums have mentioned[forums.keenswh.com], you should ask FIRST before taking anything from anyone.

I browse the forum daily. I have recieved no message, and I talk to SomethingCatchy fairly regularly - And he has also had no messages asking if you could use it.

I am going to allow you to use the ships - For now - with the caveat that if SomethingCatchy and I wish to resume our own separate mod, you remove them from yours. Don't worry, though, we'll let you know if that's the case.

I can't promise that others will be so forgiving with anything else you may not have asked for. I do appreciate you giving credit, but with some people, that's not enough. Please just remember to ask first. A simple forum message does wonders.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
🆂🆆🅾🆁🅽  [developer] 1 Oct, 2014 @ 6:53am 
I'm sorry but your mod was dead, I figured you were done with it. I did give credit and I hate people ripping ♥♥♥♥, as 2 people have already done so with my mod. If you wish those ships removed I will do so.
[Andon] 1 Oct, 2014 @ 5:15pm 
As mentioned in that thread I linked, just because a mod is dead doesn't mean people are always willing to have their stuff taken over by other people. You should always ask.

I don't want them removed right now, but if Catchy and/or I wish to bring back the mod, we won't want conflicting things.
[BLA]Unmortal 3 Apr, 2015 @ 7:15am 
Poke Andon if youre stil on i realy like these ships could you publish them in workship under the original creator?

ive look around web (not on keen aint got a account for that)
and i can only find imgur pics from 11 months ago
and some links that give me errors
and some reddit post that issent very lively
+ only play time i had with these nice ships is true the MOAR ships mod from Orse
so to me it looks like he made a bit of advertsyment.
but on ather side its realy bad to not mention the creators / creator

Orse sworn might have done something youre very well irrated by are but.

On ather side i would have never looked for these ships a seperated mod if i didnt see them.
Is there a way that you can make it a public mod on steam?

not just for me that likes the ships but i bet there many more people that would love to see the project get a restart.
[Andon] 3 Apr, 2015 @ 2:15pm 
I haven't touched them in a while - It's been more than six months since I posted here, let alone actually dealt with the ships. They'll need a bit of reworking to be up-to-date on things. I don't promise any timeline (I'm a bit busy with other things), but I'll try to put up something eventually.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50