Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Taunt: Cheers!
Crimp 14 Nov, 2023 @ 2:12pm
Needs a little more work
I'm not too opposed to this, it's a good end of round celebration taunt, but the scout and pyro animations suck ass. Way too over the top and stupid.

The scout and pyro's movement seems too over-polished for the games style, and I'd even argue that the soldier's is also a bit much. Tone it down and animate it to fit the games style, and I see no problem with this.

And pyro drinking gasoline just seems too stupid, even for the pyro. Give him a juice box or something instead to reflect his personality, not just "haha he use fire so he drink gas"
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
MALEVOLENT KITCHEN 17 Nov, 2023 @ 10:20pm 
bro thinks he zesty jesus
Crimp 18 Nov, 2023 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by abuelo con machete:
Bro thinks Zesty Jesus is the only person that can critique something they are passionate about.
I'm just giving constructive criticism because I watched fortnite go down the same path of just putting in as much garbage into the game as they can and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ the art style to the point of no return.
Originally posted by Crimp:
Bro thinks Zesty Jesus is the only person that can critique something they are passionate about.
I'm just giving constructive criticism because I watched fortnite go down the same path of just putting in as much garbage into the game as they can and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ the art style to the point of no return.
"♥♥♥♥ the artstyle" bruh it's just mercs drinking stuff it's not like they're doing the macarena or doing the griddy or some ♥♥♥♥ lmfao
Crimp 19 Nov, 2023 @ 4:19pm 
"♥♥♥♥ the artstyle" bruh it's just mercs drinking stuff it's not like they're doing the macarena or doing the griddy or some ♥♥♥♥ lmfao
You're not wrong, I'm not gonna pretend you are, but I'm just talking big picture here. The more people get away with, the lower the standards fall. As minor as the things I mentioned are, it just means that people will see this and be like "This is in the game, why not do something a little wackier?" and it keeps piggybacking off of that.
You don't have to agree, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from here. It's not a bad taunt, I just don't want creators to look at this as a new standard.
domi  [developer] 19 Nov, 2023 @ 8:22pm 
pyro does a 360 spin backflip on headshot and can perform an actual hadouken, i dont think drinking out of a gas can is teetering the "seriousness" of the game towards any direction more than valve themselves.

the game has had cooky things consistently since launch day it's not an increase or decrease for this taunt's inclusion
Crimp 20 Nov, 2023 @ 12:47am 
A little wacky is fine, by no means am I saying that I don't want wacky, I'm sorta just nitpicking. Just wanted to give my feedback on a taunt that I already really like and say what would make me like it even more.
I agree with crimp as he made some well-constructed points in a calm manner.

Comparing this taunt and the animations of it compared to other, older taunts you can definitely see the difference in animation style and whatnot. He's a critique, and honestly being called a 'Zesty Jesus' is more of a compliment to someone imo
domi  [developer] 21 Nov, 2023 @ 1:47pm 
if every individual person's input was used to change the taunt unfortunately far less people would end up liking the resulting amalgamation.
aside from some potential fixes to core animation issues, the theme and design of the taunt will likely not change, as there is a lot of work efficiently putting together all-class taunt props that would not allow for a completely different prop to be stuck in its place

also im not really sure what "over polished for the game's style" would imply, valve-made taunts are pretty meticulously refined mocap-and-keyframe animations
Last edited by domi; 21 Nov, 2023 @ 1:55pm
Brie 7 Dec, 2023 @ 3:58pm 
I'm not too opposed to this, it's a good end of round celebration taunt, but the scout and pyro animations suck ass. Way too over the top and stupid.

The scout and pyro's movement seems too over-polished for the games style, and I'd even argue that the soldier's is also a bit much. Tone it down and animate it to fit the games style, and I see no problem with this.

And pyro drinking gasoline just seems too stupid, even for the pyro. Give him a juice box or something instead to reflect his personality, not just "haha he use fire so he drink gas"
lmao loser
Crimp 7 Dec, 2023 @ 5:23pm 
Damn, guess I'm a loser for giving constructive feedback.
Grow up.
TinaJd187 7 Dec, 2023 @ 5:28pm 
Dude, "this sucks @$$" is not constructive criticism. You're just being a ♥♥♥♥.

Pyro drinking gas is perfectly in character, and absolutely something he would do. He's a goofy goober, let him drink his flammable apple juice.
Crimp 7 Dec, 2023 @ 5:32pm 
I never said it sucks @$$ at any point, I was just giving some feedback as to what I think would make this from an okay item to a very good item.
Sure, he would probably drink gasoline, that's just me nitpicking. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying this kind of animation is lowering the bar for future submissions.
bananaboi 8 Dec, 2023 @ 5:05am 
I never said it sucks @$$ at any point, I was just giving some feedback as to what I think would make this from an okay item to a very good item.
Sure, he would probably drink gasoline, that's just me nitpicking. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying this kind of animation is lowering the bar for future submissions.
bro it’s not lowering the bar, you just don’t like it personally. look at some of the other taunts in the game, this one is perfectly on par with the other ones. and the “death of an art style” stuff just makes you sound like a pretentious ♥♥♥♥. sorry but it’s the truth
TinaJd187 8 Dec, 2023 @ 9:34am 

re-read the second sentence that started this discussion.
Crimp 8 Dec, 2023 @ 5:14pm 
Originally posted by TinaJd187:

re-read the second sentence that started this discussion.

Okay, I did say that, forgive me for I am stupid. But I'm not saying the whole thing sucks, I just think that it doesn't look great on those two classes. I didn't mean it to come across as harsh, I just wanted this taunt to be as good as it can be because I could see potential and there were just some slight changes that I would have liked to see made.

I apologize if I sounded like a d!ck, I just wanted to share a bit of feedback. As an artist, I can't grow and get better if people don't point out the things I do wrong. All I'm trying to do is help in the way that I have found to be most helpful. Sure I could have worded things a bit better, but I didn't lay into the creator shaming them for the flaws.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50