Escape Simulator

Escape Simulator

The Collab: Museum
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Zesty Mordant  [developer] 18 Jul, 2023 @ 7:23pm
Troubleshooting
If you discover an unreported bug please report it here.
Last edited by Zesty Mordant; 23 Jul, 2023 @ 9:59am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
Cre 19 Jul, 2023 @ 12:00am 
Got stuck doing the rube goldberg machine where it wouldn't let us move any of the items in it or press the button
Zesty Mordant  [developer] 19 Jul, 2023 @ 4:23am 
Originally posted by Cre:
Got stuck doing the rube goldberg machine where it wouldn't let us move any of the items in it or press the button
Thanks for reporting, will look into. How many people were in your session?
ChazzyB  [developer] 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:48am 
Would it not let you interact with the puzzle at all from the beginning, or did it lock you out in the middle of trying to solve it?
Chester 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:07pm 
Played a 2 player game and was having a lot of difficulty interacting and solving any puzzles. My friend was hosting and they had no issue. We went into the science wing first, on my screen the DNA puzzle appeared solved already, on my friends, unsolved, and I couldn't interact with most of the puzzles while they could. I could only solve the rube goldberg machine and the reflectors.
They could see the key, I saw a medallion. In the history room, there was a large wall in front of the puzzles I could walk through, but on their side, there was no wall. We didn't go into the other rooms because I couldn't interact with a majority of them. We also tried restarting once but it was the same. Not sure why this is happening but I'd really like to be able to play this level!
Zesty Mordant  [developer] 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:21pm 
Originally posted by Chester:
Played a 2 player game and was having a lot of difficulty interacting and solving any puzzles. My friend was hosting and they had no issue. We went into the science wing first, on my screen the DNA puzzle appeared solved already, on my friends, unsolved, and I couldn't interact with most of the puzzles while they could. I could only solve the rube goldberg machine and the reflectors.
They could see the key, I saw a medallion. In the history room, there was a large wall in front of the puzzles I could walk through, but on their side, there was no wall. We didn't go into the other rooms because I couldn't interact with a majority of them. We also tried restarting once but it was the same. Not sure why this is happening but I'd really like to be able to play this level!
Sorry to hear that, sounds like your session is being desynchronized. Have you tried hosting and having your friend join your session?
Last edited by Zesty Mordant; 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:22pm
Zesty Mordant  [developer] 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:23pm 
Can you note if either of you are having trouble running the room at a consistent framerate?
Alleenaz 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:23pm 
Having problems with the room syncing multiplayer. Only one of us has access to certain puzzles. with the player that has access switching between. One person can see and grab the elevator medallions before the room was complete. the other player could not see the medallion at all. We are now at the elevator and the second player who has been having issues through out can not get on the elevator. and wont let player 1 go up without.
Alleenaz 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:24pm 
Having same issues as chester
ChazzyB  [developer] 19 Jul, 2023 @ 6:59pm 
I would also suggest trying to have the host use "Host Game (Legacy)" to see if this helps skirt some of the desync issues
Alleenaz 19 Jul, 2023 @ 7:47pm 
We did try switching host after we couldnt get the elevator to work. did seem to address most of the issues.
ChazzyB  [developer] 19 Jul, 2023 @ 8:54pm 
Yeah desyncs are the most common issues we're running into. Given the complexity of the room it's tough to develop workarounds and safeties for every scenario, and to some degree there will always be a bit of jankiness in Escape Sim multiplayer. But everything that players are able to report is helpful as we do our best to sort things out as much as we can on our end.
Cre 19 Jul, 2023 @ 9:24pm 
Originally posted by Zesty Mordant:
Thanks for reporting, will look into. How many people were in your session?
2 people
Cre 19 Jul, 2023 @ 9:24pm 
Originally posted by ChazzyB:
Would it not let you interact with the puzzle at all from the beginning, or did it lock you out in the middle of trying to solve it?
Locked out in the middle of using it
Franch  [developer] 21 Jul, 2023 @ 4:06am 
Originally posted by ChazzyB:
Locked out in the middle of using it
Thanks again for reporting this...yesterday we attempted to implement a failsafe of sorts to keep the button from permanently disabling. Fingers crossed!
ezKill42 21 Jul, 2023 @ 11:57am 
Want to share some issues my puzzlemate & I found: We entered Science area & my puzzlemate found that he could not interact with most of the puzzles, in fact he wasn't even seeing all of the same things I was (when he walked up to the pillars of science he heard the audio indicator but saw nothing inside the pillar - but I did). He DID see the 'Debug - Solve' buttons and he was able to grab the key & Elev medallion without solving the puzzles. Same thing when we entered the History area.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
Per page: 1530 50