Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Replicator Melons Legacy
Kingjaffad 14 Aug, 2014 @ 2:16pm
Npcs fighting back?
Is it possible for npcs to see and try to fight the replicator melons in a future update
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
RobotSoldier 14 Aug, 2014 @ 2:20pm 
Ok first they will die in 2 secounds cause in 1 touch it would kill them and 2 that would make more melons XD
a smol slime girl  [developer] 14 Aug, 2014 @ 2:20pm 
It might be possible. Might.
Kingjaffad 14 Aug, 2014 @ 3:30pm 
Originally posted by BonziBUDDY:
Hmm really?

any idea how you could make this possible?
TheGrooveMeister 14 Aug, 2014 @ 5:05pm 
I like dis idea
a smol slime girl  [developer] 14 Aug, 2014 @ 8:03pm 
Originally posted by Kingjaffad:
Hmm really?

I have no idea. But I'll try.
Tulucanz 15 Aug, 2014 @ 11:23am 
Originally posted by Kingjaffad:
Hmm really?

You could make a "rebel" melon so combine will target it and a "combine" melon so rebels will target it
Last edited by Tulucanz; 15 Aug, 2014 @ 11:23am
TheGrooveMeister 15 Aug, 2014 @ 12:10pm 
Originally posted by Tulucanz:

You could make a "rebel" melon so combine will target it and a "combine" melon so rebels will target it
Or a zombie melon so everyone attacks it.
a smol slime girl  [developer] 15 Aug, 2014 @ 4:08pm 
I'm close to getting the NPCs to fight melons. Like it'll matter anyways, it seems like many NPCs try to melee the melons.
a smol slime girl  [developer] 15 Aug, 2014 @ 8:10pm 
I'm just going to double post to say that it's probably not possible to have NPCs fight back.
Because of how Garry has relationships implemented in LUA (and I'm assuming it's hardcoded into the Source engine), I need to attatch an npc_bullseye to them. However, NPCs can't shoot through it, and the melon itself can't replicate. Too many problems for right now, I might try some other time though.
Sorry guys. :C
Kingjaffad 16 Aug, 2014 @ 12:57am 
I'm just going to double post to say that it's probably not possible to have NPCs fight back.
Because of how Garry has relationships implemented in LUA (and I'm assuming it's hardcoded into the Source engine), I need to attatch an npc_bullseye to them. However, NPCs can't shoot through it, and the melon itself can't replicate. Too many problems for right now, I might try some other time though.
It's fine
you tried your best and the fact that you tried to make it happens is good enough for me :D
vIv 16 Aug, 2014 @ 8:11am 
besides, the whole world was doomed anyway...
ModeX 16 Aug, 2014 @ 11:26am 
agreed
S.O.L. 15 May, 2015 @ 7:11am 
I Need it!!!!!!!!!!!! there must be way!
peterfield 30 Mar, 2018 @ 9:50pm 
Originally posted by iWasHere:
Around 4 years late, but perhaps just make them zombie npcs, I doubt zombies would care about melons anyway. The replication problem seems bad. The melee problem seems bad. Still, perhaps just keep it as a toggleable experimental feature?
Last edited by peterfield; 30 Mar, 2018 @ 9:51pm
Iggy 7 May, 2018 @ 11:29am 
Originally posted by U-406:
Originally posted by iWasHere:
Around 4 years late, but perhaps just make them zombie npcs, I doubt zombies would care about melons anyway. The replication problem seems bad. The melee problem seems bad. Still, perhaps just keep it as a toggleable experimental feature?
I second this
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50