Space Engineers

Space Engineers

SANCHINCORP(hoverbike,DX9,DX11)
SkekDris 20 jun, 2015 @ 15:56
Hoverbikes for planetary use?
You have most likely heard by now that planets are coming! And not many other mod would be so perfect to go with it. However there is one problem. Planet gravity affects all blocks on your ship. Because of this your thrusters are too weak to fight it's gravity and a up facing gravity drive would be impractical as the ship plus AM blocks are being pulled down vs the ships gravity pulling up on the AM blocks only. (I tested this with a mod that added planet-like gravity)

I was thinking, could you add a gravity generator that added block affecting gravity so you could counter act the planet gravity on your ship and make a true hover bike without making it impractically huge?
< >
Visar 1-6 av 6 kommentarer
sanchindachi666  [utvecklare] 8 aug, 2015 @ 6:54 
you are right. this might be probrem.
i already made gravity generater in this mod,but problem is gravity component is so heavy that vehicle which have gravity generater gets heavier and become cumbersome.
as solution for this, im thinking i need more fix on block weight(fewer component demands).
after updating every mod,i'll start about this.
SkekDris 8 aug, 2015 @ 14:33 
Ursprungligen skrivet av sanchindachi666:
you are right. this might be probrem.
i already made gravity generater in this mod,but problem is gravity component is so heavy that vehicle which have gravity generater gets heavier and become cumbersome.
as solution for this, im thinking i need more fix on block weight(fewer component demands).
after updating every mod,i'll start about this.
Thank you so much for the reply! Now that't mod I used was just for testing, so I'm not 100% sure if planetary gravity is going to function like that, but it is something to consider.
Senast ändrad av SkekDris; 8 aug, 2015 @ 14:36
I like This Bike alot thanks for making it os versatal. I works great in servival mode and is fun to use. I have built two already and use one as a welder and the other to explor. Thanks
Hormel 10 nov, 2015 @ 4:05 
please update this mod so its useable for planets. it will fit in perfectly. thanks a lot for this mod.
can you add solar panels and atmospheric thrusters to this mod?
Solraven 21 jan, 2016 @ 0:28 
vtol thrusters work pretty good
< >
Visar 1-6 av 6 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50