Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

CS:GO Danger Zone Entities
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
8Z  [developer] 23 Apr, 2023 @ 3:05pm
Spawnmenu issue
Some users have reported issues with the Entities tab missing entries. I cannot replicate this on a clean setup, so this is likely an incompatibility with another addon.

If you are affected, please try the following and post a comment so I can resolve the issue as soon as possible.

1. Use ConVar cl_dzents_subcat 1 or set 'Use spawn menu subcategories' to true in the Client options. Launch the game and verify the issue exists.
2. Please write down what exactly is missing from the Entities tab, and all lua errors that appear in the console or problems tab.
3. Disable all other addons except this one, restart the game, and enter the menu. The entities tab should appear normally.
4. Enable addons batch by batch until the issue reappears.
5. Post the addon that caused this issue in the comments below.
Last edited by 8Z; 23 Apr, 2023 @ 3:08pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
weedshot 23 Apr, 2023 @ 3:11pm 
2 minutes ago
белыйник 24 May, 2023 @ 3:38pm 
Good day! Please add me as a friend so that I can tell you more about the problem of the addon. It turned out to be very cool, but at one point it loads the server, add me so that I can show you in which part of the code the problem occurs.
8Z  [developer] 24 May, 2023 @ 4:00pm 
Originally posted by chernyybelyynick:
Good day! Please add me as a friend so that I can tell you more about the problem of the addon. It turned out to be very cool, but at one point it loads the server, add me so that I can show you in which part of the code the problem occurs.
Hi, if you have error logs or any related information please leave it in the thread so I can get to it when possible.
белыйник 24 May, 2023 @ 4:28pm 
Originally posted by 8Z:
Hi, if you have error logs or any related information please leave it in the thread so I can get to it when possible.

You have made a very cool addon! I decided to put it on my DarkRP server, when I spawn the entity and put it on myself (key E), then the server freezes for 5 seconds. https://imgur.com/bocM87c
8Z  [developer] 24 May, 2023 @ 8:26pm 
Originally posted by 8Z:

You have made a very cool addon! I decided to put it on my DarkRP server, when I spawn the entity and put it on myself (key E), then the server freezes for 5 seconds. https://imgur.com/bocM87c

I believe this is due to the playermodel loading for the first time. I will precache them in a future update; for now, use util.PrecacheModel with the two playermodels and it should fix it.
hi there!
so, i've been encountering some problems with this addon with the following other addons enabled:
[TTT/Sandbox] Combine Sniper
Fixed Super Gravity Gun SWEP
THE Crawler

they don't seem to throw any Lua errors at all on the console and the problems tab, other than them overwriting the items on the Half-Life 2 entry in the Entity tab (they still can be searched and spawned but they're no longer found in HL2's entry).

here's the items that get overwritten by any of the three linked addons if they're enabled with this addon (it's all of the default items, mounted stuff included, in the HL2 entry):
>.357 Ammo (+ it's Large variant)
>AR2 Ammo (+ it's Large variant)
>AR2 Orb
>Combine Mine
>Crossbow Bolts
>Health Charger
>Health Kit
>Health Vial
>Helicopter Grenade
>HEV Suit
>Magnusson
>Pistol Ammo (+ it's Large variant)
>RPG Ammo
>Shotgun Ammo
>SMG Ammo (+ it's Large variant)
>Suit Battery
>Suit Charger
>Thumper
>Zombine Grenade

i tested if the items will get overwritten with the linked addons disabled and this addon enabled and vice versa; but so far, they only overwrite the HL2 entry if any of the three linked addons are enabled with this addon enabled.
regardless of the problems, great addon by the way. it's pretty accurate to the DZ stuff in CS:GO as far as i've seen.
8Z  [developer] 28 Nov, 2023 @ 12:51pm 
Originally posted by That cat from Oured:
snip

Thank you for the report. I am able to replicate and isolate the issue and a fix has just been uploaded. Please test and see if the issue persists.
Last edited by 8Z; 28 Nov, 2023 @ 12:56pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50