Space Engineers

Space Engineers

(DX11)Titan Engine
Exploding Engines Reports
Hey lads, I think it could be helpful to identify under what conditions are the engines exploding. By presenting our cases we might be able to find one situation which is common across all cases.

Here's what's been happening to me:

Initially I had multiple titans on my ship:
2 generating up thrust
2 generating back thrust
4 generating forward thrust

The 4 forward thrusters were placed first. They are supported by their little feetsies (the supports on their bottom) and also have a wall attached to them directly behind. Nothing on the sides.

These 4 engines have NEVER exploded on me.

However if I generated forward thrust, the back thrusters would explode after a moment of generating back thrust. The same would happen with the up thrusters.

Unfortunately, even when I surrounded those thrusters the same way I had with the 4 forward ones, they would still explode. However they would explode every time they generated thrust- sometimes they would manage to bring the ship to a halt, and then explode next time they'd be used.

Hence:
-Surrounding blocks(points of contact with the ship) may affect this behaviour.
-Having titans operating in more than one direction may be causing this
-It's black voodoo magic and humanity was never supposed to have this much power at their hands.
-Could this be related to their durability? I'm not sure how engine physics work in SE but what if the low durability mixed with UNLIMITED POWER is causing them to tear themselves apart?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
[S7G] String 12 Nov, 2014 @ 1:14am 
Best Glitch Ever !!! Sorry for your loss
Ben Gunn {FNF} 18 Nov, 2014 @ 3:21pm 
Is it possible that this is caused by an engine running into its own exhaust?
Mish101 16 Dec, 2014 @ 4:07am 
sounds like a general thruster issue, i thought it was thruster damage but thrusters seem to explode without it as well im not sure but i initially had gyros next to the thrusters and they kept exploding then i removed them and they do it less but in general stacking engines next to each other invites this glitch.
Hyperschooldropout 30 Dec, 2014 @ 12:42pm 
Are you trying to manually reverse thrust? If so, try to let the inertial dampeners Fire. See if the difference between manual power (66%) and ID (100%) makes a difference.
Mr.Howl 14 Feb, 2015 @ 8:36pm 
I can acclerate up to about 80m/s before *BOOM*. I have a pretty conventional setup, engines in the back with reactors right in front of them. My rear thrusters are installed on side mounted pods, but they've never had a problem.
Last edited by Mr.Howl; 14 Feb, 2015 @ 8:36pm
Make sure you arn't overloading the reactors in your ship. I did that once, and it ripped a massive hole in the side of the ship.
DocTheMedic 27 Nov, 2015 @ 1:59am 
I have only had them explode when going insanely fast. I was updating my ship on the workshop and I took it out for a spin before copying it and got to about 850m/s and the front facing engine exploded. It completely destroyed the front of my ship and sent my ship lurching to the side killing everyone in the forward hangers.
AsteroidBuggs 13 Sep, 2020 @ 9:08pm 
Are you sure you had enough power, those engines consume a LOT.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50