Brotato

Brotato

The Junker
dami  [developer] 12 Feb, 2023 @ 3:52am
Bugs report
hey brotatoes,

please use this thread for reporting bugs. it will make it easier if you find the log and send it to me. it's under AppData/Roaming/Brotato/logs

fellas,
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
困獸之鬥 12 Feb, 2023 @ 6:49am 
拿到孔雀以后,进入下一波游戏崩溃。
dami  [developer] 12 Feb, 2023 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by 困獸之鬥:
拿到孔雀以后,进入下一波游戏崩溃。

i can't reproduce it, did you use today's version ?
困獸之鬥 12 Feb, 2023 @ 5:28pm 
Originally posted by dami:
Originally posted by 困獸之鬥:
拿到孔雀以后,进入下一波游戏崩溃。

i can't reproduce it, did you use today's version ?
不是。上个版本遇到的,可能已经修复了吧。谢谢。
Null_Error 13 Feb, 2023 @ 6:08am 
No clue why, but despite having no copies of Dynamite beforehand (I had three common sticks, three blue sticks, a Coupon, a Bag, and two Rubber Ducks, and, at least before the wave started, a Piggy Bank), the start-of-wave downgrading gave me two copies of Dynamite. I don't think I had a second blue item to convert, either, unless it downgraded one of my sticks without me noticing.

Assuming I'm understanding things right, I should have gotten another copy of an item I already have, rather than Dynamite, so this seems like a bug.

This was on Danger Level 5, in case that's somehow relevant.

EDIT: Same interaction on a subsequent run. Four common sticks, two blue sticks, a Tree, a Cute Monkey and a Spicy Sauce (as my only blue item) before the wave started, and I lost the Spicy Sauce and got two copies of Goat Skull.

No logs were generated for either case.
Last edited by Null_Error; 13 Feb, 2023 @ 6:16am
dami  [developer] 13 Feb, 2023 @ 6:21am 
thanks for the heads up, it should be fixed
Null_Error 13 Feb, 2023 @ 6:30am 
It still seems to be granting a random second item if you only have one item to downgrade. A Dangerous Bunny downgraded into both a Bag (which I had one copy of, and as such would be a valid thing to downgrade it into) and a Hedgehog (which I didn't have any copies of, and as such should not have been, and it shouldn't have granted a second item anyway).
Last edited by Null_Error; 13 Feb, 2023 @ 6:31am
dami  [developer] 13 Feb, 2023 @ 6:53am 
oh no in your case i think the hedgehog was the downgrade and then it gave you a second bag which you already had 1 of. the downgrade can be a new item while the bonus item can't
Null_Error 13 Feb, 2023 @ 7:04am 
Oh, I'd entirely misread that description, then. If I understand what you're saying correctly, the way "Downgrading grants you a Tier I item you already own" is intended to be interpreted is "whenever you downgrade, you also get an extra copy of a Tier I item you have for free", rather than "downgrading is the process of turning an item into an extra copy of a Tier I item you have"?

EDIT: Unrelated bug, but downgrading Tardigrade didn't remove its "one instance of damage blocked" effect.
Last edited by Null_Error; 13 Feb, 2023 @ 7:20am
dami  [developer] 13 Feb, 2023 @ 7:24am 
you're right i should tweak the description a little bit since it's unclear, i had to cut a bit earlier to fit the box but it should be more explicit.

the tardigrade bug isn't really solvable, it's actually due to how the modloader and the scripting language work. the effect should be removed on the following wave, you just get to enjoy another wave with it pog
Hyperfin 25 Feb, 2023 @ 6:18am 
The junk category from the trash bags doesn't seem to increase the stats from tier1 items
getting coffe for example still only gives you 10% attack speed instead of 11 or maybe 12 because of the 15% increase
dami  [developer] 25 Feb, 2023 @ 7:06am 
Originally posted by Hyperfin:
The junk category from the trash bags doesn't seem to increase the stats from tier1 items
getting coffe for example still only gives you 10% attack speed instead of 11 or maybe 12 because of the 15% increase

Thanks for the headsup, it's fixed now. make sure to resubscribe to enjoy the update
MastaBambou 28 Feb, 2023 @ 5:01am 
Looking at the thread, I too thought that downgrading items always gave you a tier 1 item you own, I think a description overhaul is in order.
Heads up on the interesting concept, I wish you would only get the upside of the tier 1 items boosted by 30% instead of the upside and downside but that's how brotato does it, I don't know if you can change that.
Last edited by MastaBambou; 28 Feb, 2023 @ 5:02am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50