If you find a bug try this load order and only then report a bug:

- Core
- Royalty (Optional)
- Ideology (Optional)
- Biotech
- WVC - Work Modes

Provide a log!
Also, please provide a HugsLib log or Log Publisher log

Any logs are allowed, but it is desirable that the number of mods be minimized as much as possible. Reading a log for thousands of lines is very inconvenient and very often useless due to the abundance of spam.

Don't skimp on information!
The more information you provide, the better. All the little things matter. Enabled/disabled settings, actions that led to the error, as well as ways to repeat errors.

Please note that if your bug report does not contain any important information or a meaningful log, then this is a waste of my time and yours.

If the game crashes
Start the game with the modlist specified above

Go to settings and click the Open button next to Log file folder

And send both logs:

Player.log
Player-prev.log

Please note that the second log is the log from the previous launch of the game and it is overwritten by every second launch.

Known issues:
- Some players can't wait for their favorite mechanoid to wake up.
Solution: Press button 3 on the keyboard
- Mechanoids spam charging.
Temporary solution: remove the maximum charge limit

- Zones do not work with ship hull floor in SOS2 EXP. This is actually an SOS2 problem, but I'll see what I can do. - With last update should be fixed.
Temporary solution: Switch to spots in mod settings.
Last edited by Sergkart; 30 Nov, 2023 @ 5:19pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
CyrusJazzberry 28 Nov, 2022 @ 3:36pm 
Agrihands seem to constantly swap between charging and standing states when set to "Work and Recharge", which spams the recharger connect/disconnect noise.
My log is attached below.

https://pastebin.com/Ds0MK83b
Sergkart  [developer] 28 Nov, 2022 @ 10:31pm 
Originally posted by CyrusJazzberry:
Agrihands seem to constantly swap between charging and standing states when set to "Work and Recharge", which spams the recharger connect/disconnect noise.
My log is attached below.

https://pastebin.com/Ds0MK83b

Do you have a maximum charge limit? There may be a problem with this. They can also do this when fields are not sown or crops are not harvested.

Up: Fixed
Last edited by Sergkart; 28 Nov, 2022 @ 11:44pm
I...THINK this mod might be having conflicts with the Work Tab mod? I'm getting a huge spam of Thinknode errors. With the Work Tab mod installed, the mechanoids don't work, just following my mechanator around and spamming tons of errors if I so much as unpause, despite having work they should be doing or remaining shut down no matter what in 'work and recharge' mode. Removing Work Tab makes them almost immediately wake up and start working again the moment I load the save and no longer throws up errors. It's done that the past few days, so I think the latest update with this mod might have broken something with its compatibility with work-priority altering mods, since the Tab mod hasn't been updated in a few months outside of being updated to 1.4.

I have no clue how to read error logs, but since removing Work Tab makes mechanoids work again in non-vanilla work modes...

Error log: https://gist.github.com/67860cce59b8d59eb39899e65c4365d5

Edit: Welp. Nevermind. They started popping up a ton again.
Last edited by Bill Nye, The Medic Guy; 31 Dec, 2022 @ 4:55pm
Sergkart  [developer] 1 Jan, 2023 @ 2:59am 
Originally posted by Bill Nye, The Medic Guy:
I...THINK this mod might be having conflicts with the Work Tab mod? I'm getting a huge spam of Thinknode errors. With the Work Tab mod installed, the mechanoids don't work, just following my mechanator around and spamming tons of errors if I so much as unpause, despite having work they should be doing or remaining shut down no matter what in 'work and recharge' mode. Removing Work Tab makes them almost immediately wake up and start working again the moment I load the save and no longer throws up errors. It's done that the past few days, so I think the latest update with this mod might have broken something with its compatibility with work-priority altering mods, since the Tab mod hasn't been updated in a few months outside of being updated to 1.4.

I have no clue how to read error logs, but since removing Work Tab makes mechanoids work again in non-vanilla work modes...

Error log: https://gist.github.com/67860cce59b8d59eb39899e65c4365d5

Edit: Welp. Nevermind. They started popping up a ton again.

The log is completely useless. It doesn't have any of the errors you describe. Remove all mods except mine and the mod with which the conflict and send a normal log.
DetVisor 4 Apr, 2023 @ 11:02am 
After the latest update, every new workmode is completely gone, and the mech groups that had one of the workmodes are just blank, no mechs are shown and the workmode isn't editable. Full log is: https://pastebin.com/FkdqzSkN
The specific error I get each time I try to click on the bugged group is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.MechanitorControlGroupGizmo.GizmoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Vector2 topLeft, System.Single maxWidth, Verse.GizmoRenderParms parms) [0x00383] in <3cca3e6203e64b109fd8ce21f7120d03>:0
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] gizmos, System.Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo, System.Func`2[T,TResult] customActivatorFunc, System.Func`2[T,TResult] highlightFunc, System.Func`2[T,TResult] lowlightFunc) [0x004bc] in <3cca3e6203e64b109fd8ce21f7120d03>:0
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&) currentSelectable: null
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch3 (string)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce (string,int)
(wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos ()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI ()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI_Patch2 (RimWorld.UIRoot_Play)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.OnGUI_Patch2 (Verse.Root)
DetVisor 4 Apr, 2023 @ 11:03am 
Apologies in advanced as I'm not familiar with reporting bugs.
Sergkart  [developer] 4 Apr, 2023 @ 6:55pm 
Originally posted by DetVisor:
After the latest update, every new workmode is completely gone, and the mech groups that had one of the workmodes are just blank, no mechs are shown and the workmode isn't editable. Full log is: https://pastebin.com/FkdqzSkN
The specific error I get each time I try to click on the bugged group is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object...

It looks like all the settings have gone. Have you ever opened the settings menu?

Apologies in advanced as I'm not familiar with reporting bugs.

Pretty normal bug report. It remains to clarify a couple of points and that's it.
DetVisor 5 Apr, 2023 @ 2:20am 
Originally posted by SergKart:
It looks like all the settings have gone. Have you ever opened the settings menu?
Never touched the mod options, it worked perfectly fine before the latest update, so it's probably something in the new update that jinxed it.
Sergkart  [developer] 5 Apr, 2023 @ 3:06am 
Originally posted by SergKart:
Never touched the mod options, it worked perfectly fine before the latest update, so it's probably something in the new update that jinxed it.

Hm. That's exactly what I thought. In this case, make sure that all main modes and the last two items are enabled in the settings. Since this bug is connected precisely with the fact that the modes are turned off.

I will also ask you to repeat this bug in a combination of vanilla + this mod. If you can't replicate the bug, and it will only occur on the modlist, make sure you reset the xml cache in rocketman.
DetVisor 5 Apr, 2023 @ 8:06am 
Ok, tried both suggestions, all the main work modes were already enabled in the mod options, except the 2 last options, but even enabling those changed nothing. Vanilla + only this mod works fine, no errors... But... I'm somehow more confused now, after testing the mod in vanilla, I put my modpack back, and the only change I did was adding rocketman and moving the mod up on the modlist, after doing that, it actually seemed to work fine, the work modes all appeared, yet, my mech group, who previously had one of the work modes selected is still blank.
Sergkart  [developer] 5 Apr, 2023 @ 8:25am 
Ok, tried both suggestions, all the main work modes were already enabled in the mod options, except the 2 last options, but even enabling those changed nothing. Vanilla + only this mod works fine, no errors... But... I'm somehow more confused now, after testing the mod in vanilla, I put my modpack back, and the only change I did was adding rocketman and moving the mod up on the modlist, after doing that, it actually seemed to work fine, the work modes all appeared, yet, my mech group, who previously had one of the work modes selected is still blank.

Try to run any scenario, then spawn mechanitor and assign any mechs to it, then see what modes are active. Make sure that the mode you used in the save is enabled.

Also try running your modlist without rocketman (or turn off its xml caching feature).

The whole problem described comes from the fact that some kind of bastard cached xml patches at the moment when the game considered them turned off, and the only mod in my memory that does this is rocketman, or rather its feature with faster loading. So far, all the symptoms seem to be exactly that, but I could be wrong.
DetVisor 5 Apr, 2023 @ 8:30am 
That is what I did, started a scenario, spawned a mechanitor, assigned a mech, all work modes were available. In my current save with the broken mech group, I have a Gestalt Engine from Reinforced Mechanoids 2 that is perfectly functional and I can assign it's mech groups all the work modes in the mod. I'll try without Rocketman, but this doesn't even seem like a mod issue anymore to be honest.
DetVisor 5 Apr, 2023 @ 8:37am 
Tried even disconnecting all mechs until my mechanitor had no more, and then reconnecting them, but the issue persists, it also doesn't allow me to draft the mechanitor at all.
Sergkart  [developer] 5 Apr, 2023 @ 8:46am 
Tried even disconnecting all mechs until my mechanitor had no more, and then reconnecting them, but the issue persists, it also doesn't allow me to draft the mechanitor at all.

In this case, enable all modes available in the mod. Including bonus ones.

Well, or edit the save. Find the lines with <workMode>Bla-Bla<workMode> and replace them all with <workMode>Work<workMode>.
DetVisor 5 Apr, 2023 @ 8:53am 
Enabling the bonus one changed nothing unfortunately, I'll try editing this duplicate save.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50