Half-Life: Alyx

Half-Life: Alyx

LEVITATION (Part 1)
GoonRiderQC 26 Nov, 2022 @ 6:51pm
stopping the train BUG ???
after stopping the train, i have no loading? stuck on the gray rocks loading screen but no loading, nothing happen... anyone know how to solve the problem?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Defender 27 Nov, 2022 @ 12:55am 
I have since found that when I clicked "subscribe to all" it only downloaded the first chapter. Go back, unsubscribe to chapter 2 onwards individually, and resubscribe individually. This then prompted a further download. Hope that helps
Defender 27 Nov, 2022 @ 1:17am 
Well, I thought that would work for me but it didn't, and it hasn't allowed me to select chapter 2 as a new game, weird, hope it works for you
Defender 27 Nov, 2022 @ 1:39am 
Make sure you have all the addons switched on in the main menu. If chapter two still doesn't load (which it didn't for me) then go to the main menu and start a new game and select chapter 2. You won't have any weapon mods etc that you might have done though.
eispfogel 27 Nov, 2022 @ 3:02am 
I have also now donwloaded them one by one and activated the Chapters 1-5 in the Addons Menu but after the Train stops im just in Limbo and nothing loads and the menu doesn't open anymore :/

Edit: Redownloaded everything again - issue remains. Maybe something went wrong with the savegame.
I don't want to start the chapter all over - if i encounter this bug again ... i would just stop playing.

But what i have seen so far is incredible! Valve should hire you ^^
At least then we might get HL3 ;)
Last edited by eispfogel; 27 Nov, 2022 @ 7:54am
Mr Cairo 28 Nov, 2022 @ 6:16am 
Having the same problem and resubscribing has not fixed it.
Sattmann_DE 28 Nov, 2022 @ 8:31am 
Same here. Too bad this issue occurs. Beside what i have seen so far looks and plays amazing!
Rhedox 28 Nov, 2022 @ 11:12am 
I'm also having an issue here. Subscribed to all 5 chapters and all of them enabled in the game.
aDeadManWalkingVR 28 Nov, 2022 @ 11:35am 
same here
Yeah it's not working for me either.
Mr Cairo 29 Nov, 2022 @ 4:40am 
I unsubscribed and then resubscribed to chapters 2-5 and then restarted the whole thing as a new game, took me about 35 minutes to get back to train and all loaded as needed

Unfortunately that now means I am facing Jeff but it worked.
Mr Cairo 29 Nov, 2022 @ 8:51am 
Originally posted by eispfogel:

Edit: Redownloaded everything again - issue remains. Maybe something went wrong with the savegame.
I don't want to start the chapter all over - if i encounter this bug again ... i would just stop playing.

Had the same problem mate and the restart from the very beginning solved it.
Last edited by Mr Cairo; 1 Dec, 2022 @ 11:22pm
Sattmann_DE 30 Nov, 2022 @ 9:26am 
DEV? Any suggestions?
Azyraphyle 30 Nov, 2022 @ 10:22pm 
Same issue here. That's a shame. Guess I'll wait six months or so and check back in to see if all the bugs have been ironed out.
Crampus 1 Dec, 2022 @ 8:06am 
Doesn't work for me either. I restarted the level but it freezes at the end.
Airy La Husky 2 Dec, 2022 @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by GoonRiderQC:
after stopping the train, i have no loading? stuck on the gray rocks loading screen but no loading, nothing happen... anyone know how to solve the problem?
I finally solved this problem.
You have to be subscribed to all 5 addons and all of them need to be enabled WHEN YOU START your game. Downloading and/or enabling the parts after the game is in progress does not help. As a benefit, I ended up with 35 resin at the first fabricator :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Per page: 1530 50