Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Wasteland Weaponry - [ SCAV ISSUE EDITION ]
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
npc  [developer] 19 Oct, 2022 @ 7:25pm
bugz >:[
Got a malfunction? Report it here and I'll take a look.
i'm an amateur coder and i have no clue what im doing, i might be able to diagnose the issue- but solving it is an entirely new problem.

please copy + paste lua code error from console, and try to tell me how to replicate the bug and i'll try my best to come up with a hypothesis or fix
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Wrigley 21 Oct, 2022 @ 7:37am 
[Wasteland Weaponry - [ SCAV ISSUE EDITION ]] lua/weapons/wasteland_swepbase/shared.lua:546: attempt to call method 'LagCompensation' (a nil value)
1. PrimaryAttack - lua/weapons/wasteland_swepbase/shared.lua:546
2. unknown - lua/weapons/wasteland_alienblaster/shared.lua:217

Timer Failed! [Simple][@lua/weapons/wasteland_alienblaster/shared.lua (line 216)]
npc  [developer] 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:09am 
Originally posted by unoriginal person:
[Wasteland Weaponry - [ SCAV ISSUE EDITION ]] lua/weapons/wasteland_swepbase/shared.lua:546: attempt to call method 'LagCompensation' (a nil value)

Timer Failed! [Simple][@lua/weapons/wasteland_alienblaster/shared.lua (line 216)]
how have you replicated this issue? i'll go to the line mentioned in the code to investigate what it says
any idea if it has any major or minor effects?
Last edited by npc; 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:09am
Wrigley 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:10am 
Originally posted by npc:

how have you replicated this issue? i'll go to the line mentioned in the code to investigate what it says
any idea if it has any major or minor effects?
I shot the alien guy with the bomb cannon and the bomb hit him directly and exploded and killed him
npc  [developer] 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:15am 
if self.Weapon:GetNextPrimaryFire() < CurTime() then
self:PrimaryAttack()
timer.Simple( .1,function()

alright, this seems to actually be a really minor bug that can be ignored then!
fromw hat i know, the alien is attempting to attack you once they spawn, and they attempted to attack when you fired, except they can't do that because they've been obliterated by a bomb launcher- leading into this bug

from what i know, the "lag compensation" mentioned in the swepbase is directed to the NPCs, and not the player itself, but i doubt anyone wants to see an error like this appear in console.
sorry if this is an underwhelming answer- but just know that this is insignificant and doesn't seem to actually do anything, not to mention, aliens dont exist, right?
Wrigley 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:16am 

fromw hat i know, the alien is attempting to attack you once they spawn, and they attempted to attack when you fired, except they can't do that because they've been obliterated by a bomb launcher- leading into this bug

from what i know, the "lag compensation" mentioned in the swepbase is directed to the NPCs, and not the player itself, but i doubt anyone wants to see an error like this appear in console.
sorry if this is an underwhelming answer- but just know that this is insignificant and doesn't seem to actually do anything, not to mention, aliens dont exist, right?
interesting to know! btw is the dude supposed to drop a weapon when it dies?
npc  [developer] 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:17am 

...did... did he not drop a weapon?
OH GOD DA
Wrigley 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:18am 

...did... did he not drop a weapon?
OH GOD DA
yep no gun
npc  [developer] 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:21am 
yep no gun
yes, he is supposed to drop a super cool alien blaster :(
i guess he got so mad about his ship crashing on some wasteland hellhole, thinking it was some random ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ scavver, only to be instantly annihilated by technology inferior to his, resulting in him leaving the second he died and you not reaping the reward
i might see if i can replicate this, but it might be likely that the gun just flew away from the explosion
pro tip: on singleplayer, you can use give wasteland_alienblaster for it lol
Wrigley 21 Oct, 2022 @ 8:23am 
yep no gun
yes, he is supposed to drop a super cool alien blaster :(
i guess he got so mad about his ship crashing on some wasteland hellhole, thinking it was some random ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ scavver, only to be instantly annihilated by technology inferior to his, resulting in him leaving the second he died and you not reaping the reward
i might see if i can replicate this, but it might be likely that the gun just flew away from the explosion
pro tip: on singleplayer, you can use give wasteland_alienblaster for it lol
alright thanks
npc  [developer] 21 Oct, 2022 @ 9:12am 
ah no, thank you for being cooperative and telling me the information, but if i ever come across some forum i'll be sure to ask if this is a serious issue
thanks for trusting me to be able to diagnose the issue!
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50