Killing Floor 2

Killing Floor 2

Looted Trader Inventory
Incompatible GRI
Hello, I have been testing the mutator together with UKFP. Some players get the error "Incompatible GRI: NONE= "You can enter the game, but the trader may not work correctly.". Which causes not being able to buy anything from the trader, or receiving a random weapon not the one you bought. The problem It appears randomly, generally when a player enters a game that has started.
https://i.imgur.com/9Lsd204.png
I really liked the mutator, I hope you can solve this problem.
Last edited by [7°DL] Stenka Razin!.; 11 Sep, 2023 @ 5:23am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
GenZmeY  [developer] 8 Oct, 2023 @ 10:00am 
Ugh, I wasn't subscribed to the discussion here and missed your message. Sorry

Usually this error shouldn't exist at all. The client may receive the GRI with a delay (for example, when using the ServerExt mutator, receiving the GRI is always delayed, I think other global mods can also give a delay), which is why the mutator waits until the client receives it.

But in any case, the client must receive the GRI sooner or later.
If this doesn't happen, it's not normal. Either some other mod breaks the receipt of GRI, or there are some problems with the network due to which GRI is not transmitted to the client.

In any case, I can't fix it in LTI because it's not an LTI problem. First need to figure out what prevents the client from receiving GRI

P.S.: GRI is GameReplicationInfo, an object through which the client and server exchange information about the game. If the client can't get it, it's not just a local LTI problem, it's much worse given the role of this object
Last edited by GenZmeY; 8 Oct, 2023 @ 10:01am
GenZmeY  [developer] 8 Oct, 2023 @ 11:50am 
I pushed an update that will try to initialize WorldInfo.GRI if possible

I can't say if this will help, because I don't know the real reasons for this problem.
But in theory this can help if the GRI was replicated to the client, but was not assigned in WorldInfo.GRI for some reason

Unfortunately there is little I can do when the problem is outside of my code
Originally posted by GenZmeY:
I pushed an update that will try to initialize WorldInfo.GRI if possible

I can't say if this will help, because I don't know the real reasons for this problem.
But in theory this can help if the GRI was replicated to the client, but was not assigned in WorldInfo.GRI for some reason

Unfortunately there is little I can do when the problem is outside of my code

Thanks for your response, I was talking to Forrest and he said he had found a possible solution. You could contact him and discuss possible solutions.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50