Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

CIVIL PROTECTION VO REPLACEMENT: METROPOLICE
Olivia von Schröder  [developer] 12 Sep, 2022 @ 4:07pm
Mistakes.
ENG:

Here you can specify the problems you encountered while using this addon. The probability of any errors in this addon is extremely low, but I do not exclude that they can arise for some of the users, maybe even by their own mistake (for example, using the addon without turning off other modifications on the sound of the metrocops risk of causing errors and all or some sounds will not work correctly). I want to note that I do not attribute to the errors "design" solutions and if you suddenly do not like the style of a particular sound / sounds, it is better to tell about this in the comments, sharing your impressions there.

РУ:

Здесь вы можете указать проблемы, с которыми Вы столкнулись в ходе использования данного аддона. Вероятность возникновения каких-либо ошибок у данного дополнения крайне низкая, но я не исключаю, что они могут возникнуть у кого-то из пользователей, может быть даже по их же ошибке (например использование аддона без отключения других модификаций на озвучку метрокопов рискует вызвать ошибки и всё или некоторые звуки не будут работать корректно). Хочу отметить, что я не отношу к ошибкам "дизайнерские" решения и если вдруг Вам не нравится стиль того или иного звука/звуков, лучше рассказать об этом в комментариях, поделившись там своими впечатлениями.
Last edited by Olivia von Schröder; 11 Nov, 2022 @ 4:08pm
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Blooming Chaos 14 Sep, 2022 @ 6:59pm 
The Quality is great and the effect is spot on but the voice acting needs work, as it has no emotion behind it.
Olivia von Schröder  [developer] 14 Sep, 2022 @ 10:01pm 
Shu'ulathoi, thanks for the comment. Well, maybe I should really think about it. I'll be honest, if I do re-sound my addons like this, I won't be doing it anytime soon. But I will definitely take your comment into consideration and try to pay more attention to emotion next time.
- ̗̀ Lu. ̖́- 15 Sep, 2022 @ 12:19am 
It's nice, but sounds too distorted IMO
I always preferred HL2's voices for the combine since I could actually understand what they're saying, and not sound like they're crinkling a water bottle as they speak. I'm not certain if this was intentional, or not.

I'd rather a blend between OG & Modern because Alyx sounds just don't "fit" in a game like Gmod without standing out in a negative way.
Last edited by - ̗̀ Lu. ̖́-; 15 Sep, 2022 @ 12:22am
Olivia von Schröder  [developer] 15 Sep, 2022 @ 12:21am 
Lu, I see your point. Thank you for your comment.
UltrαΤwο 15 Sep, 2022 @ 9:33pm 
The jury voice-line seems unchanged, and it's still the default Metrocop voice.
Olivia von Schröder  [developer] 15 Sep, 2022 @ 9:55pm 
ƱltramarineMewtwo, thank you for the review. I will check it out in the near time.
Olivia von Schröder  [developer] 16 Sep, 2022 @ 12:30pm 
ƱltramarineMewtwo, the problem was solved. Thank you for the information about this error.
Last edited by Olivia von Schröder; 16 Sep, 2022 @ 12:42pm
UltrαΤwο 16 Sep, 2022 @ 7:21pm 
Originally posted by ᴠʏᴅᴏʀʀᴀʜ:
ƱltramarineMewtwo, the problem was solved. Thank you for the information about this error.
No problem!
Shu'ulathoi, thanks for the comment. Well, maybe I should really think about it. I'll be honest, if I do re-sound my addons like this, I won't be doing it anytime soon. But I will definitely take your comment into consideration and try to pay more attention to emotion next time.
Yeah, It is too distorted and actually doesn't sounds like HL:A metropolice. I'd like it if there was something closer to the original HL:A voice, But containing all original HL2 lines with an HL:A voice. I've tested this addon and it's far too distorted.
Olivia von Schröder  [developer] 7 Mar, 2023 @ 12:39am 
Originally posted by ♫Joe Blaze♫:
Yeah, It is too distorted and actually doesn't sounds like HL:A metropolice. I'd like it if there was something closer to the original HL:A voice, But containing all original HL2 lines with an HL:A voice. I've tested this addon and it's far too distorted.

Hi. No more addons like this are planned from me. There are and will be only these.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50