Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

TFA-VOX || Player Callouts Redefined (Original Reupload)
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 25 Jul, 2022 @ 12:34pm
Are there any problems?
Something's not right? comment down here
Last edited by Raptor_Killer 01; 26 Jul, 2022 @ 2:58pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Kil-Bii 25 Jul, 2022 @ 6:16pm 
In internal addons list of GMOD, TFA's base addons are checked as 'hidden addons'. It means they are not banned(removed by report or community rule), but hidden by uploader himself.

Also I visited TFA-VOX module template page written on BitBucket by TFA himself, and it was taken down too.(Even though they are external link so they will not be affected by Steam account hacking)

By this two reasons, I think those addons are intentionally taken down by TFA himself. Although I don't know why he did so.
Last edited by Kil-Bii; 25 Jul, 2022 @ 6:29pm
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 25 Jul, 2022 @ 6:44pm 
Originally posted by Kil-Bii:
In internal addons list of GMOD, TFA's base addons are checked as 'hidden addons'. It means they are not banned(removed by report or community rule), but hidden by uploader himself.

Also I visited TFA-VOX module template page written on BitBucket by TFA himself, and it was taken down too.(Even though they are external link so they will not be affected by Steam account hacking)

By this two reasons, I think those addons are intentionally taken down by TFA himself. Although I don't know why he did so.

I know they are hidden and not banned, in fact when i saw it i immediatly thought it was strange, but at the end, hidden or banned, the original can't be used anymore...
altough that's not the only reason why i reuploaded these addons, i mean a reupload already exists right? who am i to just pretend that people use my reupload instead of other ones?
well... i just responded to another user on another thread like seconds ago on why i reuploaded, i think you might check out aswell...

https://steamproxy.net/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2840384236/3469478215317791366/
Talon 26 Jul, 2022 @ 11:10am 
At least, it seems like original creator didn't just throw a hissy fit like the creator of the Glue Library addons and updated their stuff with malicious content in them. Though, for all we know, the reason why TFA marked their addons as 'hidden' could be the same reasons why the creator of the Glue Library addons did what they did... but handled in a more mature manner.

(As far as I know, the creator of the Glue Library addons did what they did because of being on the receiving end of toxic behavior in the Garry's Mod community.)
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 26 Jul, 2022 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by Talon:
At least, it seems like original creator didn't just throw a hissy fit like the creator of the Glue Library addons and updated their stuff with malicious content in them. Though, for all we know, the reason why TFA marked their addons as 'hidden' could be the same reasons why the creator of the Glue Library addons did what they did... but handled in a more mature manner.

(As far as I know, the creator of the Glue Library addons did what they did because of being on the receiving end of toxic behavior in the Garry's Mod community.)

yeah, i mean, i don't want to accuse the TFA addons about stuff like that... if you saw the mess that happend in the other discussion i actually discredited the TFA official reupload, wich wasn't my intention, what i wanted to do was report what happend in my case, but maybe i talked too much and used the wrong words.
I would actually report that problem to the official team, the odd thing is that the comments and the discussion sections are disabled for some reason.
using the wayback machine and going on the original TFA-VOX's addon page, people in the comments began to complain about a backdoor. It might appear that the uploader got hijacked and then got backdoors put into his addons, resulting in a steam workshop ban. He can appeal the ban if he gets his account back, thats why the addons are hidden and not removed.
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 26 Jul, 2022 @ 2:11pm 
Originally posted by NextKuromeThe76Soldier:
using the wayback machine and going on the original TFA-VOX's addon page, people in the comments began to complain about a backdoor. It might appear that the uploader got hijacked and then got backdoors put into his addons, resulting in a steam workshop ban. He can appeal the ban if he gets his account back, thats why the addons are hidden and not removed.

oh no! then, what should i do with this reupload?
this addon contains the original files so, do you think it's dangerous in any way? i can delete it immediately if it is so
Last edited by Raptor_Killer 01; 26 Jul, 2022 @ 2:12pm
i doubt it contains anything dangerous, depends on how old it is
it has the same file size as my reupload, so yeah
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 26 Jul, 2022 @ 2:18pm 
i'm not a programmer so, i'm not able to distinguish malicious code, unless it's obvious, but let's hope for the best... i'll modify the description so that people know that if they find something suspicious they immediately have to report it in the comments so i can instantly remove the addon...
Last edited by Raptor_Killer 01; 26 Jul, 2022 @ 2:19pm
AbjectBark 27 Jul, 2022 @ 4:42pm 
it not working at all no commands or anything
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 28 Jul, 2022 @ 5:16am 
Originally posted by AbjectBark:

That's very strange... do you have like multiple TFA-VOX reuploads installed?
Have you tried to run the ConVar for the config menu?
tfa_vox_vgui_open ?
AbjectBark 28 Jul, 2022 @ 6:14pm 
Originally posted by Raptor_Killer 01:

tfa_vox_vgui_open ?
what config menu? this addon is not doing anything.
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 28 Jul, 2022 @ 6:42pm 

tfa_vox_vgui_open ?

Do you atleast know how is it supposed to work?
it needs audio packs that you can search on the workshop, named: [TFA-VOX] "Pack Name"
and they work with specific playermodels only...
if the problem is another tho, i can't fix it for numerous reasons...
for example...

1: i don't actually understand what specific problem you have, a simple "it doesn't work" doesn't explain anything other than something gone wrong...

2: even if i fully understand the cause of it not working i wouldn't be able to fix it, the addon isn't mine, i'm not the creator and i have no idea where to put hands in the code...
AbjectBark 28 Jul, 2022 @ 10:37pm 

Do you atleast know how is it supposed to work?
it needs audio packs that you can search on the workshop, named: [TFA-VOX] "Pack Name"
and they work with specific playermodels only...
if the problem is another tho, i can't fix it for numerous reasons...
for example...

1: i don't actually understand what specific problem you have, a simple "it doesn't work" doesn't explain anything other than something gone wrong...

2: even if i fully understand the cause of it not working i wouldn't be able to fix it, the addon isn't mine, i'm not the creator and i have no idea where to put hands in the code...
i think i found the problem i used the wayback machine to go back to the discussion that had a addons that break vtf-vox list and i had one of the addons on that list
Raptor_Killer 01  [developer] 29 Jul, 2022 @ 8:15am 
"Atomic Facepalm"
Oh well... at least the reupload works...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50